You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
May 2014 MCATers United
Started by TheAnonymous
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats! dude. You nailed it. What a relief it must be.....🙂🙂... I am surprised with VR. Most everybody is in double digits on that section. That's incredible.....Have hope guys. I literally thought I was gonna do terrible and ended up way above my average
Welp May MCATers, I got a 8/11/8 - 27. Just happy I didn't bomb the PS section and that I should be set for DO. Still gonna study for a July retake though.
Hope everyone else got the scores they wanted!!!!
Hope everyone else got the scores they wanted!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have hope guys. I literally thought I was gonna do terrible and ended up way above my average
Wow! Congrats!!!
Thanks everyone. I feel so incredibly happy. I now know that my grades and mcat won't keep me out of med school. I'm gonna apply next cycle after I finish Ochem. I don't want to have a super strong app next cycle
I'm so happy for you !!!
Thank you! I hope you guys all kill this test. It's been a nightmare for me and I'm just happy I'm done. I can now proceed to sell my mcat books and make some money becAuse I'm super poor right now lolI'm so happy for you !!!
I honestly thought VR was easy for our exam. It was really just the PS that scared me....since I guessed on so manyCongrats! dude. You nailed it. What a relief it must be.....🙂🙂... I am surprised with VR. Most everybody is in double digits on that section. That's incredible.....
Thank you! I hope you guys all kill this test. It's been a nightmare for me and I'm just happy I'm done. I can now proceed to sell my mcat books and make some money becAuse I'm super poor right now lol
U did GS FLs right? How did that compare to real score? how did your aamc verbal scores compare to real verbal?
GS Scores were 30-34 or something like that. Verbal aamc ranged from 9-12 most being somewhere in between. I felt like aamc verbal and real mcat verbal were exactly the same level of difficulty. Best practice out there for verbalU did GS FLs right? How did that compare to real score? how did your aamc verbal scores compare to real verbal?
holy **** .. there are a few high 30s and the rest scored noticeably below their average (and their aamc avg was similar to mine) holy **** im gonna start studying now![]()
Thank you for summarizing. I can't look through that thread right now. It is pretty depressing :/
Test Date: May 8th, 2014
AAMC Average: 35.8
Post-test expected score: 32-36
Actual Score: 35 (12/11/12)
Comments: WOOO DONE FOREVER NEVER LOOKING BACK! TIME TO GET DRUNK. Trust in your averages!
Did you find the PS to be totally wacky like the others did here on SDN?
Did you find the PS to be totally wacky like the others did here on SDN?
Yeah lots of guessing on the PS and definitely thought I did better on the BS section. The PS section really threw me for a loop but I stayed focused and tried to treat it how I did all the other tests and I guess it paid off!
Yeah lots of guessing on the PS and definitely thought I did better on the BS section. The PS section really threw me for a loop but I stayed focused and tried to treat it how I did all the other tests and I guess it paid off!
you're a genius 🙂
May 8th MCATer here checking in from our crazy thread. Don't let anything discourage you. I literally guessed on at least 10 questions in our wild PS section, and didn't even know if I completed every question. I got a 14 on it. There must have been tons of experimental questions, a huge scale or both.
I didn't believe it until today. Trust your aamc fl averages, and IGNORE your post-exam feelings/reaction.
I literally spent days trying to intelligently estimate how many questions in PS I got wrong and what score that would equate to given the most lenient scales. I came up with 15-17 wrong for an 8-9.
And I got a 14.
Just keep working and give it your best, then... take it from me... don't think about it too much for ~30 days.
I didn't believe it until today. Trust your aamc fl averages, and IGNORE your post-exam feelings/reaction.
I literally spent days trying to intelligently estimate how many questions in PS I got wrong and what score that would equate to given the most lenient scales. I came up with 15-17 wrong for an 8-9.
And I got a 14.
Just keep working and give it your best, then... take it from me... don't think about it too much for ~30 days.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for giving the current worrywarts (myself included) a little hope.May 8th MCATer here checking in from our crazy thread. Don't let anything discourage you. I literally guessed on at least 10 questions in our wild PS section, and didn't even know if I completed every question. I got a 14 on it. There must have been tons of experimental questions, a huge scale or both.
I didn't believe it until today. Trust your aamc fl averages, and IGNORE your post-exam feelings/reaction.
I literally spent days trying to intelligently estimate how many questions in PS I got wrong and what score that would equate to given the most lenient scales. I came up with 15-17 wrong for an 8-9.
And I got a 14.
Just keep working and give it your best, then... take it from me... don't think about it too much for ~30 days.
May 8th MCATer here checking in from our crazy thread. Don't let anything discourage you. I literally guessed on at least 10 questions in our wild PS section, and didn't even know if I completed every question. I got a 14 on it. There must have been tons of experimental questions, a huge scale or both.
I didn't believe it until today. Trust your aamc fl averages, and IGNORE your post-exam feelings/reaction.
I literally spent days trying to intelligently estimate how many questions in PS I got wrong and what score that would equate to given the most lenient scales. I came up with 15-17 wrong for an 8-9.
And I got a 14.
Just keep working and give it your best, then... take it from me... don't think about it too much for ~30 days.
Wow.. Congrats! You guys are just soooooooo awesome!!!!!
How's everyone dealing with the wait? up until a few days ago I was doing fine not thinking about the MCAT and now it doesn't get out of my mind !
How's everyone dealing with the wait? up until a few days ago I was doing fine not thinking about the MCAT and now it doesn't get out of my mind !
Started working full-time again and trolling my co-workers by always telling them my MCAT score predictions. 🙂
I keep trying to predict my scores and the prediction is getting lower and lower. Now it's in the mid-twenties. 🙁
I was doing pretty fine until I saw the May 8th'ers. Now I'm all anxious to see what I really made. And to think, we have to sit through the May 17th'ers and May 22nd'ers as they get their scores too. I think by then we'll all be complete maniacs.How's everyone dealing with the wait? up until a few days ago I was doing fine not thinking about the MCAT and now it doesn't get out of my mind !
How's everyone dealing with the wait? up until a few days ago I was doing fine not thinking about the MCAT and now it doesn't get out of my mind !
Every time a notification comes on my phone from the May 8th examinees,and (obviously) I read their scores & reaction, it reminds my "the judgement day" a.k.a MCAT score release day...
Only 6 more days for me... which still feels like an eternity. I can't even focus on doing secondaries. 🙁
You already got secondaries?
I wanted to apply to a few Texas schools. I see that Baylor participates in AMCAS, does it participates in TMDAS too or you just have to apply through AMCAS? TMDAS has been available since May while AMCAS opened 06/03 so u Texas people have already started this race..I won't be applying until Julyish when my score comes back. Will that have me in the late pile for TMDAS ?I'm working on the secondaries for texas schools.
I wanted to apply to a few Texas schools. I see that Baylor participates in AMCAS, does it participates in TMDAS too or you just have to apply through AMCAS? TMDAS has been available since May while AMCAS opened 06/03 so u Texas people have already started this race..I won't be applying until Julyish when my score comes back. Will that have me in the late pile for TMDAS ?
Baylor is AMCAS only. July is not super late for Texas but once you get into august that's what I've read is considered late. Texas schools besides Baylor are required to take 90 percent in state applicants. Baylor I don't think is 90 percent but I think it is somewhere close I'm not sure. So if you're OOS submitting sooner rather than later Will only help. You can submit before you get your scores back and then submit your scores once you get them.
My TMDSAS app was only recently verified and sent to the schools, so I just got my last two secondary invites a few days ago (the other 3 schools that do secondaries already had them available - no invite needed). I'm definitely going to try to have them submitted by the first week of July, that way my new MCAT score should've been transmitted to the schools already.
I'm thinking of applying to texas schools. one quick question: is it even worth applying if i'm not texas resident? i do have family living in texas..
Any of you started studying for round 2 yet? I feel like I should but man it's hard to get back in the groove again!!! Freedom just feels so good!!
Any of you started studying for round 2 yet? I feel like I should but man it's hard to get back in the groove again!!! Freedom just feels so good!!
Yes ! I do my best to find time and do a few verbal passages everyday .. i will talk to my PI next week about switching into part time ... I need sometime to study and work on my apps 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted my AMCAS today. Thought it was now or never as I was constantly pushing back my application. Hopefully the MCAT score will be good enough.
Yoohoo niice ! I would have done the same if I had everything ready lol
My guess is that a misproportionately high number of people submit on June 3rd (1st day) and significantly fewer each day after, so although the queue times are over a week now they probably won't climb too quickly, and I would think that people submitting now will probably be verified before the initial submission goes out from AMCAS on the 27th.
My guess is something like 7 working days worth of apps to process were submitted on the 3rd, and only 1-2 days worth on each day after. Which would mean someone submitting today should be verified in about 2 weeks, maybe even less as AMCAS catches up.
My guess is something like 7 working days worth of apps to process were submitted on the 3rd, and only 1-2 days worth on each day after. Which would mean someone submitting today should be verified in about 2 weeks, maybe even less as AMCAS catches up.
Yoohoo niice ! I would have done the same if I had everything ready lol
Haha ya I had been working on it since it opened back in May. I am curious, do you use AMCAS too in Canada?
Yes ! I do my best to find time and do a few verbal passages everyday .. i will talk to my PI next week about switching into part time ... I need sometime to study and work on my apps 🙁
I'm leaning more and more toward applying next year if my mcat score sucks... I felt really good about verbal but about the same on PS and BS so maybe that VR will help boost my average. My study abroad transcripts are taking forever to get in. I am so worried that they will hold me back. Apparently they may have had staff changes at the university I went to so the lady who I have been corresponding with may not even be working there anymore :/
Haha ya I had been working on it since it opened back in May. I am curious, do you use AMCAS too in Canada?
some (4-5) use something very similar but the rest you got to apply directly to them which really sucks
I'm leaning more and more toward applying next year if my mcat score sucks... I felt really good about verbal but about the same on PS and BS so maybe that VR will help boost my average. My study abroad transcripts are taking forever to get in. I am so worried that they will hold me back. Apparently they may have had staff changes at the university I went to so the lady who I have been corresponding with may not even be working there anymore :/
I have noo idea how I did, my score can be ANYWHERE between 25-35 (based on my avg hopefully 29-31), I am trying to study while working full time and working on my app a few hours everyday... i think we are on the same page... I don't know if I will have a shot this year... VR is killing my chances of applying ANYWHERE
Are u sure it's 90%? That's an unusually high number given that lots of state schools have the same in state required quotas, including schools in my state, Alabama. That's 10 oos out of 100 accepted, sounds a bit out there.
Yep. It's 90 %
some (4-5) use something very similar but the rest you got to apply directly to them which really sucks
Oh I can see that being real annoying. Filling out the same info multiple times. Good luck with that haha.
Oh I can see that being real annoying. Filling out the same info multiple times. Good luck with that haha.
haha yeah man ....
hopefully MCAT doesn't disappoint us
May 17th MCATers don't seem to be very happy despite their relatively ok post-test feelings (generally speaking) ... what's happening guys...
May 17th MCATers don't seem to be very happy despite their relatively ok post-test feelings (generally speaking) ... what's happening guys...
Ya isn't their scores coming out soon too? like in a day or so..
It came out, I was referring to their actual scores lolYa isn't their scores coming out soon too? like in a day or so..
It came out, I was referring to their actual scores lol
haha just saw that after posting this...dang this only makes me nervous for my score in two weeks :/
haha just saw that after posting this...dang this only makes me nervous for my score in two weeks :/
Indeed man... Cant handle this wait 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Life bro. It's what I felt on my practice tests too. When I thought I did well, I really didn't do that great. But when I thought I was doing horribly (AAMC11), I ended up getting my highest score (30)!May 17th MCATers don't seem to be very happy despite their relatively ok post-test feelings (generally speaking) ... what's happening guys...
Life bro. It's what I felt on my practice tests too. When I thought I did well, I really didn't do that great. But when I thought I was doing horribly (AAMC11), I ended up getting my highest score (30)!
Yeah man I agree .. post test feelings are meaningless but whatever dude who cares you have tried your best and at least the wait is over for you...
Are you applying this year or are you going to retake it?
Yeah man I agree .. post test feelings are meaningless but whatever dude who cares you have tried your best and at least the wait is over for you...
Are you applying this year or are you going to retake it?
My plan is to apply only to in-state schools, and if that doesn't work, then I will take the year off and do something (I'm thinking EMT). In the meantime, I will probably retake the MCAT, focusing mostly on verbal (seeing as I got a 7). Good thing I didn't sell any of my stuff!
My plan is to apply only to in-state schools, and if that doesn't work, then I will take the year off and do something (I'm thinking EMT). In the meantime, I will probably retake the MCAT, focusing mostly on verbal (seeing as I got a 7). Good thing I didn't sell any of my stuff!
Sounds like a good plan bro... If you can take a year off the. study and take it in January (if not earlier) before it changes
I just need a way to get this verbal thing under control. This screwed me a little on my SATs too (a 550). My plan was September to November, whenever I felt confident.Sounds like a good plan bro... If you can take a year off the. study and take it in January (if not earlier) before it changes
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 3K

