-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
May 2014 MCATers United
Started by TheAnonymous
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I think I read somewhere that you have to get a certain % correct to get the gift card. Hopefully not because I am with you guys. I was so done mentally by the start of trail section that I dont know how well I answered those questions haha
I would be happy to hear your personal analysis. I took the test and am in disbelief. I know that I kind of had to rush through PS and guesses some easy questions and yes, I did prepare myself for a worst score, but this was exactly pretty much my score on the first AAMCs. In fact I think i did better on the first AAMCs than the test.Yes I just posted in the May 2014 thread but I am in the same boat. I scored about 7 points below my average FL and am completely astounded as to how my performance was so poor.
I know I did phase out of PS for a few seconds/or so, but I don't think it was minutues or else I would have noticed. I stayed calm. BS I did get hungry a little bit and was lacking some orgo stuff, but yes, I am disbeliefed however undefeated. This fuels my desire even more.
Sorry to hear that man but don't be discouraged, just retake soon and im sure you will get close to your AAMC avg.
I hope that doesn't happen to me cause my first practice test was 26??
Thanks bro. 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would be happy to hear your personal analysis. I took the test and am in disbelief. I know that I kind of had to rush through PS and guesses some easy questions and yes, I did prepare myself for a worst score, but this was exactly pretty much my score on the first AAMCs. In fact I think i did better on the first AAMCs than the test.
I know I did phase out of PS for a few seconds/or so, but I don't think it was minutues or else I would have noticed. I stayed calm through out the test . BS I did get hungry a little bit and was lacking some orgo stuff, but yes, I am disbeliefed.
Mm, doubt it. Spent <15 min, scored 53%, got mah thirty bucks.
(Then again, apparently 53% was in the top quarter for that trial... Maybe everyone on my day subscribed to the "answer is always C" method?)
haha ya we will find out tomorrow. Will post here if I get one or not.
I would be happy to hear your personal analysis. I took the test and am in disbelief. I know that I kind of had to rush through PS and guesses some easy questions and yes, I did prepare myself for a worst score, but this was exactly pretty much my score on the first AAMCs. In fact I think i did better on the first AAMCs than the test.
I know I did phase out of PS for a few seconds/or so, but I don't think it was minutues or else I would have noticed. I stayed calm. BS I did get hungry a little bit and was lacking some orgo stuff, but yes, I am disbeliefed however undefeated. This fuels my desire even more.
Regarding my personal analysis, the test was a month ago so I won't remember each question so clearly, but I do remember not stressing extremely hard going through the verbal portion of the test. I did feel rushed going through the PS and there was that ochem portion of the BS that probably set the curve so low, but other than that I don't remember many problems too clearly. I felt confident leaving that I had done better overall than my previous attempt but it didn't seem to pan out as such.
The test is such a blur that I don't understand how people can identify where their errors were during the exam and correct it for the future. Especially not knowing what content wise I was incorrect on. I can only do that for practice exams but then poof, I still have trouble believing this score tbh.
Hahaha, I've had plenty of those. Good thing they have no correlation to actual performance.Had my first nightmare: 11/6/5 LOL
"You answered 22% of questions correctly on the Trial Section which puts you in the bottom half"
Got my 30$ giftcard !
Got my 30$ giftcard !
If it makes you feel any better I don't think they would be able to differentiate b/w you guessing the section vs me having a good faith effort lolHaha,a new covers for my ipad and ipod! Now I have to spend outta pocket...
That biochem was crazy!
"You answered 53% of questions correctly on the Trial Section which puts you in the top half as compared to others who received the same Trial Section questions as you."
I'm surprised I got this many right since my brain was mush after the rest of the exam. Now I have $30 bucks tho. Woot!
I'm surprised I got this many right since my brain was mush after the rest of the exam. Now I have $30 bucks tho. Woot!
"You answered 22% of questions correctly on the Trial Section which puts you in the bottom half"
Got my 30$ giftcard !
Nice! I haven't gotten an email yet.
Nice! I haven't gotten an email yet.
Hopefully this 22% has no correlation with my actual score LOL
"You answered 22% of questions correctly on the Trial Section which puts you in the bottom half"
Got my 30$ giftcard !
U already got the result for the trial section???
If it makes you feel any better I don't think they would be able to differentiate b/w you guessing the section vs me having a good faith effort lol
That biochem was crazy!
That's awesome because if they had based it off of effort I would have gotten 0 because that's what my effort was while solving the "wtf" trial section.... haha!
I didn't read any of those questions,just simply guessed.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
U already got the result for the trial section???
Yeah 😀
**** we are so close now ... had my first nightmare last night, will see how it goes tonight... hopefully I can bring up my VR score tonight
i'm in the same spot: definately disbelief and it's OK . More empathy for people.Regarding my personal analysis, the test was a month ago so I won't remember each question so clearly, but I do remember not stressing extremely hard going through the verbal portion of the test. I did feel rushed going through the PS and there was that ochem portion of the BS that probably set the curve so low, but other than that I don't remember many problems too clearly. I felt confident leaving that I had done better overall than my previous attempt but it didn't seem to pan out as such.
The test is such a blur that I don't understand how people can identify where their errors were during the exam and correct it for the future. Especially not knowing what content wise I was incorrect on. I can only do that for practice exams but then poof, I still have trouble believing this score tbh.
Hey guys, I am at the eastern time zone and haven't received my free trial scores yet. Although its trial section but not receiving my scores yet is kind scary,hoping I didn't mess up in the actual test. I am not sure if its because I did participate in the post mcat questionnaire which aamc sent via email. Anyone has any suggestions?
Hey guys, I am at the eastern time zone and haven't received my free trial scores yet. Although its trial section but not receiving my scores yet is kind scary,hoping I didn't mess up in the actual test. I am not sure if its because I did participate in the post mcat questionnaire which aamc sent via email. Anyone has any suggestions?
I would say you probably would get an e-mail soon ... I got 22% correct and guessed so they probably just give it everyone...
I would say you probably would get an e-mail soon ... I got 22% correct and guessed so they probably just give it everyone...
I hope so...
I have not received mine yet eitherHey guys, I am at the eastern time zone and haven't received my free trial scores yet. Although its trial section but not receiving my scores yet is kind scary,hoping I didn't mess up in the actual test. I am not sure if its because I did participate in the post mcat questionnaire which aamc sent via email. Anyone has any suggestions?
I have not received mine yet either
Are u also in ET zone?
I was thinking the same I am a lil worriedIts kinda weird that we didn't get the scores yet...
I was thinking the same I am a lil worried
Me too, I just hope that I didn't hit any wrong button on the actual test..
I saw on the website they sent all the trial section scores out so I have no ideaMe too, I just hope that I didn't hit any wrong button on the actual test..
I was never told my score but did get the certificate. Took the test in April though if that mayyers
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I saw on the website they sent all the trial section scores out so I have no idea
I have been calling AAMC but been on hold for the last 15 min... I wonder if they have had some technical issues???
I was never told my score but did get the certificate. Took the test in April though if that mayyers
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How did u receive the certificate?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am not sure I did look on the website and saw about trialI have been calling AAMC but been on hold for the last 15 min... I wonder if they have had some technical issues???
I got an email. It just said thanks for participating. It really helps. Blah blah. No score discussion thoughHow did u receive the certificate?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am not sure I did look on the website and saw about trial
If they have posted then that rules out any technical issues,Idk what to do now. Have u tried calling them?
I got an email. It just said thanks for participating. It really helps. Blah blah. No score discussion though
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks 🙂
I have been on hold awhileIf they have posted then that rules out any technical issues,Idk what to do now. Have u tried calling them?
I sent a email and hopefully will hear back
I will try doing that as well...
I'm pretty sure there is some threshold, be it time spent or % correct, to receive the gift card for a "good faith effort". I know they are both really low, but I also know not everyone receives a gift card/email. If you didn't meet the cut offs the AAMC was looking for, they won't email you about your trial results at all 🙁
I'm pretty sure there is some threshold, be it time spent or % correct, to receive the gift card for a "good faith effort". I know they are both really low, but I also know not everyone receives a gift card/email. If you didn't meet the cut offs the AAMC was looking for, they won't email you about your trial results at all 🙁
Yes,you're 100% correct. Apparently they don't give out gift cards like before,now they look at what's called a "good faith effort." Oh well not really bothered by that but now I just hope my actual scores comes out correctly...
Did you guys check your junk email?? Omg time is flying by so fast I can't believe it's almost time to see how we did!!! I'm working the day I get my scores back eeekkk. I should prob wait until after work to check so I can deal with some of my more ridiculous patients haha
Did you guys check your junk email?? Omg time is flying by so fast I can't believe it's almost time to see how we did!!! I'm working the day I get my scores back eeekkk. I should prob wait until after work to check so I can deal with some of my more ridiculous patients haha
Yes,I did and it was not there.I did not fit their "good faith effort" so I did not get any gift cards. I am not sad or bothered,I just hope everything turns out good with my actual mcat scores...
Yes,I did and it was not there.I did not fit their "good faith effort" so I did not get any gift cards. I am not sad or bothered,I just hope everything turns out good with my actual mcat scores...
Yeah man who cares really about the giftcard... hopefully theyd be generous with our scores 😛
Yeah man who cares really about the giftcard... hopefully theyd be generous with our scores 😛
Amen brother!!!
Amen brother!!!
If I get a 9 on VR id give 5 homeless people each 50$ bucks... If I get a 10 on VR id give 10 people 50$ bucks... If I get anything around 6-7 ill apply to McDonalds an
If I get a 9 on VR id give 5 homeless people each 50$ bucks... If I get a 10 on VR id give 10 people 50$ bucks... If I get anything around 6-7 ill apply to McDonalds an
If u get 11 you're sending me a $30 amazon gift cards...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If u get 11 you're sending me a $30 amazon gift cards...
If I get a 10 ill send you a 50$ giftcard, if I get an 11, ill buy you a house
If I get a 10 ill send you a 50$ giftcard, if I get an 11, ill buy you a house
Lmao,sounds like a great deal to me...
Lmao,sounds like a great deal to me...
ok so now start praying

Hey guys, random AMCAS question. For work and activities, whats the maximum amount of jobs you guys listed? I had 2 jobs recently.
Are u asking about clinical or non-clinical? Since I didn't have any paid clinical experience so left that blank but for non-clinical I listed the most recent job I had...
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 3K