You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
May 2014 MCATers United
Started by TheAnonymous
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Youre not following any schedule? I do like TBR quite bit. I hated the kaplan lol
I'm not following any specific schedule to be honest. I just think it's better to finish content review phase first before jumping on to the passages. So my plan is to read TBR books (take some notes if necessary), review the chapters quickly, then start practicing. I'm not doing the 1/3s as SN2ED suggests. I will leave all TBR passages for when I'm done with the content review
Oh that makes sense. It seems like theres less and less orgo each year.I'm not following any specific schedule to be honest. I just think it's better to finish content review phase first before jumping on to the passages. So my plan is to read TBR books (take some notes if necessary), review the chapters quickly, then start practicing. I'm not doing the 1/3s as SN2ED suggests. I will leave all TBR passages for when I'm done with the content review
Oh that makes sense. It seems like theres less and less orgo each year.
MCAT can always surprise you!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No joke!MCAT can always surprise you!
Woo woo, let the fun begin. Signed up for May 31st and I've been studying all month but planning to really kick it into gear now. This whole studying thing is rough while working 40-50 hrs a week....
Just took the Kaplan Diagnostic. Think I'll count today as day 1 of my mcat prep. Just need 4 more points over the next few months to reach my goal, hope it's doable. Has anyone else taken the Kaplan diagnostic? Thought the physics section was really too calculation based.
Last edited:
Just took the Kaplan Diagnostic. Think I'll count today as day 1 of my mcat prep. Just need 4 more points over the next few months to reach my goal, hope it's doable. Has anyone else taken the Kaplan diagnostic? Thought the physics section was really too calculation based.
Wow you are only 4 points away from your goal?
I haven't taken the diagnostic but I'm sure its going to be in low 20s
When are you taking your Mcat again? Lol me too! Gonna get lower than that hhhaWow you are only 4 points away from your goal?
I haven't taken the diagnostic but I'm sure its going to be in low 20s
When are you taking your Mcat again? Lol me too! Gonna get lower than that hhha
Currently registered for May 8th but I might have to push it back to 31st.
I'm doing strict content review (no practice Q) so I can finish the content by the end of February, then spend March doing practice passages and spending April taking FLs ... if I'm not within the range I want, I will be push it back to the 31st
Currently registered for May 8th but I might have to push it back to 31st.
I'm doing strict content review (no practice Q) so I can finish the content by the end of February, then spend March doing practice passages and spending April taking FLs ... if I'm not within the range I want, I will be push it back to the 31st
Nice. I remember you said that for orgo. Did you join that skype group?
Nice. I remember you said that for orgo. Did you join that skype group?
not yet, but I might join you guys soon. Got to install Skype first! lol
Currently registered for May 8th but I might have to push it back to 31st.
I'm doing strict content review (no practice Q) so I can finish the content by the end of February, then spend March doing practice passages and spending April taking FLs ... if I'm not within the range I want, I will be push it back to the 31st
You should do practice passages as you study content. Go ahead and drill it in your head with practice while it's fresh.
Why you angry? What can I do to help you to feel the hell better?to be honest this is the most ineffective and useless thread ever... I think the May test takers are the laziest of all
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lol I dont know man... but look at the Jan test takers, they were like warriors, so motivatingWhy you angry? What can I do to help you to feel the hell better?
Lol what do you mean?lol I dont know man... but look at the Jan test takers, they were like warriors, so motivating
they kept each other posted on their progress and stuffLol what do you mean?
We do too! Sorta. When are u taking it?they kept each other posted on their progress and stuff
May 8 :$ what about you, Im taking two classes plus volunteeringWe do too! Sorta. When are u taking it?
the verbal is destroying me man... I average 6 on EKMay 8 :$ what about you, Im taking two classes plus volunteering
Wait you just quoted your own post lol.the verbal is destroying me man... I average 6 on EK
Im using TBR for all except bio I use TPR, Im almost done with the PS, just need to do BS and orgoWow that's cool. I'm aiming for around may 15. I got no class but work sucks. What materials are you following? How's studying
How's studying? How far are u? Are u in thay skype thing?Im using TBR for all except bio I use TPR, Im almost done with the PS, just need to do BS and orgo
hahahaha thats so funny, Im so tired man, Studied 10 hours then hit the gym, I feel so crashedWait you just quoted your own post lol.
not on the skype, is it useful? how many ppl are u guysHow's studying? How far are u? Are u in thay skype thing?
There are like 24,0000 ppl on there and we are so inactive. Lol how far are u?not on the skype, is it useful? how many ppl are u guys
Like ohh there's a new response to my thread, I'm gonna give that son of a gun a piece of my mind.....posted....wait nvm just kidding that was me hahahahahah.hahahaha thats so funny, Im so tired man, Studied 10 hours then hit the gym, I feel so crashed
lol thought so, oh I just said it, Im done with the PS in a few days then Im moving to BS, Ive done half of the passages set from each chapter, leaving the second half to Feb , what about you??There are like 24,0000 ppl on there and we are so inactive. Lol how far are u?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hahaha you ass!Like ohh there's a new response to my thread, I'm gonna give that son of a gun a piece of my mind.....posted....wait nvm just kidding that was me hahahahahah.
I just started dude. I'm following the sn2ed tning and I'm hating physics...sad thing I'm on chapter 1 lmao.lol thought so, oh I just said it, Im done with the PS in a few days then Im moving to BS, Ive done half of the passages set from each chapter, leaving the second half to Feb , what about you??
oh man TBR is gold! make sure you do a few passages after you finish each chapterI just started dude. I'm following the sn2ed tning and I'm hating physics...sad thing I'm on chapter 1 lmao.
I agree. So far I'm learning quite bit. U just studying alone or have a group?oh man TBR is gold! make sure you do a few passages after you finish each chapter
Takes one to know one, good sir! Lmaohahaha you ass!
na man, It seems like nobody studies for MCAT at the local lib I go to.... there are ppl taking USMLEs tho which is motivating a bitI agree. So far I'm learning quite bit. U just studying alone or have a group?
Hey y'all. Just started content review two days ago, following SN2ed's schedule. Physics and Chem Ch. 1s are done, with me getting near 60% on physics, and 85% on chem. Just a note: do passages right after content review. Don't wait until the next day (which is why I got a 60% on physic, but the first testing your knowledge section of 25 questions on TBR, I got around 80%.) Also, don't try to do math in your head. Use scratch paper (I would have gotten a 95% on chem if I used scratch paper). I know it's basic, but people -- like me -- forget. I hope your studying are going well!
Have you guys been using wikimed and felt they overwhelm you with way too much information?
You should do practice passages as you study content. Go ahead and drill it in your head with practice while it's fresh.
I just thought its better to do those awesome passages a little bit closer to when you are going to take FLs and not waste them while still not having understood the concepts...
Have you guys been using wikimed and felt they overwhelm you with way too much information?
I don't use them... are they any good?
Im using TBR for all except bio I use TPR, Im almost done with the PS, just need to do BS and orgo
Oh boy we are on the same boat !
I'm taking it on the 8th, averaging 7 in verbal, using TBR for all except bio which I will use TPR for... lol
I'm just starting with orgo first..
when do you think you are going to be finished with content review? I think I can go through all books by the end of February (or first week of March)
Wow you are only 4 points away from your goal?
I haven't taken the diagnostic but I'm sure its going to be in low 20s
Spent a good portion of last summer studying for the mcat before delaying it so I'm glad to see I retained most of it.
I just thought its better to do those awesome passages a little bit closer to when you are going to take FLs and not waste them while still not having understood the concepts...
I understand where you're coming from. However, you're not going to magically understand concepts by re-studying content. The best and most efficient way to understand concepts by doing passages correlating to the content you studied that day. You can even do free standing questions to really drill in the concepts before you do the passages. But you want to start doing passages as you study, to get accustomed to the "MCAT thinking" as soon as possible.
Just my opinion though, trynna help a brotha out.
I understand where you're coming from. However, you're not going to magically understand concepts by re-studying content. The best and most efficient way to understand concepts by doing passages correlating to the content you studied that day. You can even do free standing questions to really drill in the concepts before you do the passages. But you want to start doing passages as you study, to get accustomed to the "MCAT thinking" as soon as possible.
Just my opinion though, trynna help a brotha out.
Makes sense, you are correct. I might incorporate, at least a few passages while doing content review.
Thanks a lot man, I really appreciate it
I looked it up wikimed for oxidation-reduction and was completely thrown off guard with so much information(biology portion has crazy load of info😳) .I am not saying its bad but I would rather practice passages than spend so much time reading eveything on that site (that's just my personal opinion 🙂).
Try not to look at it unless u absolutely HAVE TO, it will overwhelm u😱[/quote]
Try not to look at it unless u absolutely HAVE TO, it will overwhelm u😱[/quote]
Anyone finished reading TBR Orgo II Chapter 5?
I just started it today and went
I just started it today and went

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone finished reading TBR Orgo II Chapter 5?
I just started it today and went![]()
No,I'm using EK for organic.
Was the chapter really long?
It was ~40 something pagesNo,I'm using EK for organic.
Was the chapter really long?
Oh boy i basically have zero background in organic.... it's hard to self-study for this....
I heard EK is pretty good for those who have a decent organic background.... 2 of my friends used it and were really happy
It was ~40 something pages
Oh boy i basically have zero background in organic.... it's hard to self-study for this....
I heard EK is pretty good for those who have a decent organic background.... 2 of my friends used it and were really happy
Dannnnggg, that's long😱!Did u complete the chapter in one day?
I took orgo1 &2 so have a basic understanding of the rxn (although not too detailed) so I choose to go with EK.Its concise and they pin points on the important concepts. However, TBR is more detailed and I guess that makes it more efficient compare to other books (just an opinion not advertising for TBR 🙂)
P.S.Also,EK has colorful diagram😀😀😀
I just started dude. I'm following the sn2ed tning and I'm hating physics...sad thing I'm on chapter 1 lmao.
I just finished chapter one. I felt it wasn't too bad but my scores would say otherwise. It's still early.
Starting verbal today.
not study sounds better...see if you didnt have to study, you wont be tired, thus quoting yourself would be minimized LOL JKna man, It seems like nobody studies for MCAT at the local lib I go to.... there are ppl taking USMLEs tho which is motivating a bit
@victoriah ya, it is a horrible subject. I dont like it. I tried it and it took me forever.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 3K