You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
May 2014 MCATers United
Started by TheAnonymous
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Have you guys been using wikimed and felt they overwhelm you with way too much information?
I don't think many people have used wikipremed for their content review. I would say stick to TBR, TPR, EK, etc. However, I have heard that wikipremed has AMAZING flashcards for physics, so I personally ordered them a few days ago. I know some people were attributing a 2 - 3 point increase in PS solely to these flashcards. Also, if you're interested, there is a 10% off coupon code that I got from John Wetzel, the founder of wikipremed: b67258
Anyone finished reading TBR Orgo II Chapter 5?
I just started it today and went![]()
Have you tried looking at Khanacademy? There are some ochem videos up there that might help you out. I'm just starting, but I wish I could help you out.
Have you tried looking at Khanacademy? There are some ochem videos up there that might help you out. I'm just starting, but I wish I could help you out.
When are you taking your test?
When are you taking your test?
May 17th. I'm doing the 3 month SN2ed plan.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
you just started out?May 17th. I'm doing the 3 month SN2ed plan.
Unless my math is wrong and I'm screwed, I count three months from february to may. Which means if all goes to plan, I should have a couple of weeks left over for more review... So it's not a problem that I started two days ago.you just started out?
Or that I'm ******ed lol.Unless my math is wrong and I'm screwed, I count three months from february to may. Which means if all goes to plan, I should have a couple of weeks left over for more review... So it's not a problem that I started two days ago.
You're probably just tired from all the studying. Hope it all goes well!Or that I'm ******ed lol.
I don't think many people have used wikipremed for their content review. I would say stick to TBR, TPR, EK, etc. However, I have heard that wikipremed has AMAZING flashcards for physics, so I personally ordered them a few days ago. I know some people were attributing a 2 - 3 point increase in PS solely to these flashcards. Also, if you're interested, there is a 10% off coupon code that I got from John Wetzel, the founder of wikipremed: b67258
Hey, thanks for the coupon & info on the flash cards.I will definitely look into it. Are u using TBR or EK?
I am using TBR for everything, even though people say Bio is too much info. I'm also going to use TPRH to supplement biologyHey, thanks for the coupon & info on the flash cards.I will definitely look into it. Are u using TBR or EK?
I just finished chapter one. I felt it wasn't too bad but my scores would say otherwise. It's still early.
Starting verbal today.
when are you planning to write it?
EDIT: Sorry I just realized
I don't think many people have used wikipremed for their content review. I would say stick to TBR, TPR, EK, etc. However, I have heard that wikipremed has AMAZING flashcards for physics, so I personally ordered them a few days ago. I know some people were attributing a 2 - 3 point increase in PS solely to these flashcards. Also, if you're interested, there is a 10% off coupon code that I got from John Wetzel, the founder of wikipremed: b67258
Have you tried looking at Khanacademy? There are some ochem videos up there that might help you out. I'm just starting, but I wish I could help you out.
hey thanks a lot for your help, I really appreciate it man.
Dannnnggg, that's long😱!Did u complete the chapter in one day?
I took orgo1 &2 so have a basic understanding of the rxn (although not too detailed) so I choose to go with EK.Its concise and they pin points on the important concepts. However, TBR is more detailed and I guess that makes it more efficient compare to other books (just an opinion not advertising for TBR 🙂)
P.S.Also,EK has colorful diagram😀😀😀
I read through the entire chapter today but didn't really understand everything.
I just purchased Chad's for 30 days ... see if it can help me with Orgo.....
I noticed TBR released new Orgo Books, they are apparently much more concise and better but I cant afford to buy the new ones again lol
I read through the entire chapter today but didn't really understand everything.
I just purchased Chad's for 30 days ... see if it can help me with Orgo.....
I noticed TBR released new Orgo Books, they are apparently much more concise and better but I cant afford to buy the new ones again lol
Sometimes I feel like this...read and then dont understand the entire thing. Which year is your book? Orgo
Sometimes I feel like this...read and then dont understand the entire thing. Which year is your book? Orgo
early 2012, apparently they released it in late 2012 and 2013... I wish I could get the new one
I just got the new one....it came in today. Is it like shorter or something? LOLearly 2012, apparently they released it in late 2012 and 2013... I wish I could get the new one
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah some chapters are shorter (like the first one is like 20 pages less or something) and most chapters have more questions / passages... and they also included more tips and shortcuts etc...I just got the new one....it came in today. Is it like shorter or something? LOL
you are making me feel jealous man 🤔
Yeah some chapters are shorter (like the first one is like 20 pages less or something) and most chapters have more questions / passages... and they also included more tips and shortcuts etc...
you are making me feel jealous man 🤔
Dont be jelly hahaha. Well let me ask my study mate to see if he happen to have the PDFs of the newer book. That dude is just too cool when it comes to that. Pick a chapter and we shall examine and see if your theory is true? lol
Hey guys,
May 8th test taker here. I've been slowly starting studying, but hoping to really start today full time. I'm using TBR for everything except Bio, which I'm supplementing with EK. Are you guys finding it really hard to consistently study every day? I find i get distracted so easily- a phone call, a doctor's appointment that takes up half my day and when I do get back, I feel too tired to crack open those books. Any advice on how you guys start studying each day, schedules or how you consistently make sure you hit your target topics for that day? How many topics do you think are realistically possible to do in a day? Let's get this thread moving and motivate each other to own the MCAT!
May 8th test taker here. I've been slowly starting studying, but hoping to really start today full time. I'm using TBR for everything except Bio, which I'm supplementing with EK. Are you guys finding it really hard to consistently study every day? I find i get distracted so easily- a phone call, a doctor's appointment that takes up half my day and when I do get back, I feel too tired to crack open those books. Any advice on how you guys start studying each day, schedules or how you consistently make sure you hit your target topics for that day? How many topics do you think are realistically possible to do in a day? Let's get this thread moving and motivate each other to own the MCAT!
Hey guys,
May 8th test taker here. I've been slowly starting studying, but hoping to really start today full time. I'm using TBR for everything except Bio, which I'm supplementing with EK. Are you guys finding it really hard to consistently study every day? I find i get distracted so easily- a phone call, a doctor's appointment that takes up half my day and when I do get back, I feel too tired to crack open those books. Any advice on how you guys start studying each day, schedules or how you consistently make sure you hit your target topics for that day? How many topics do you think are realistically possible to do in a day? Let's get this thread moving and motivate each other to own the MCAT!
Same boat as you. It takes me about 4 hours to get through a chapter in TBR for subjects I'm weaker in, but I just skim physics for example. Bio is a breeze for me too so I just spend most of my time on chem and Ochem. It's nice because when I alternate some days will be longer and others shorter. I use an timer app and don't stop studying until I get at least 6 hours in each day. I pause it when I take breaks.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am using the SN2 plan and am wondering how much time you all spend studying between reading the chapter and starting the questions. Reading the chapters isn't a problem, but when I get to the end I just want to do then problems but need to learn/ memorize the equations...
Same boat as you. It takes me about 4 hours to get through a chapter in TBR for subjects I'm weaker in, but I just skim physics for example. Bio is a breeze for me too so I just spend most of my time on chem and Ochem. It's nice because when I alternate some days will be longer and others shorter. I use an timer app and don't stop studying until I get at least 6 hours in each day. I pause it when I take breaks.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Man I should start using a timer app too...
Like you guys said I can't focus too, e-mail/facebook/text/whatsapp/girlfriend talking.....
I am using the SN2 plan and am wondering how much time you all spend studying between reading the chapter and starting the questions. Reading the chapters isn't a problem, but when I get to the end I just want to do then problems but need to learn/ memorize the equations...
I personally don't do the questions until I finish content + review everything for the same reason.
I started with TBR Orgo (didn't start any other sciences, just orgo and verbal), I have to admit that I suck at orgo, each chapter takes about 5-6 hours (but when considering all the time I waste in between, 9 hours ++ so sometime it takes me more than one day to just read and understand it)
Man I should start using a timer app too...
Like you guys said I can't focus too, e-mail/facebook/text/whatsapp/girlfriend talking.....
I use a pomodoro app but set it at 50min increments
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm taking it on May 8th as well. I started studying about 2 weeks ago.
I use a pomodoro app but set it at 50min increments
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does it block out everything? Like text, email, call, FB....girlfriend is an easy fix = duck tape, works every single time....lol
Man I should start using a timer app too...
Like you guys said I can't focus too, e-mail/facebook/text/whatsapp/girlfriend talking.....
Youre not alone. Try the duck tape on your girl friend next time, as my preceptor tells his patients: it fixes everything, if it doesnt, you arent using enough. I found that Costco sells them in bulk...comes in handy i tell you what. JK
I have the same problem. ADD kicks in hahaha. What do you do to minimize that?
Does it block out everything? Like text, email, call, FB....girlfriend is an easy fix = duck tape, works every single time....lol
Youre not alone. Try the duck tape on your girl friend next time, as my preceptor tells his patients: it fixes everything, if it doesnt, you arent using enough. I found that Costco sells them in bulk...comes in handy i tell you what. JK
I have the same problem. ADD kicks in hahaha. What do you do to minimize that?
hahaha man it doesn't work.... not that she doesn't understand/care but you know girls.... I sit beside her and study... or I should say .. try to study ..
not that I am mad cause she makes me go out and have fun with friends and etc, otherwise i would be studying 24/7 and be a social outcast so its cool
I'm taking it on May 8th as well. I started studying about 2 weeks ago.
Hello!
Are you following SN2ED?
hahaha man it doesn't work.... not that she doesn't understand/care but you know girls.... I sit beside her and study... or I should say .. try to study ..not that I am mad cause she makes me go out and have fun with friends and etc, otherwise i would be studying 24/7 and be a social outcast so its cool
LOL i blame it all on women...I have to stay away from mine. Or else we ended up in a movie theater, walk the dog or watch 20,000 movies in row. DUCK TAPE, mate!
LOL i blame it all on women...I have to stay away from mine. Or else we ended up in a movie theater, walk the dog or watch 20,000 movies in row. DUCK TAPE, mate!
LOL ok im gonna order duck tape right now 🙂)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LOL ok im gonna order duck tape right now 🙂)
This should work flawlessly. They see pink, they think it's harmless....until lol. Just make sure she doesnt think you're being kinky or anything like that hahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahaha
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=a9_sc_1...eywords=pink+duct+tape&ie=UTF8&qid=1391050477
This should work flawlessly. They see pink, they think it's harmless....until lol. Just make sure she doesnt think you're being kinky or anything like that hahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahaha
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=a9_sc_1?rh=i:aps,k😛ink duct tape&keywords=pink duct tape&ie=UTF8&qid=1391050477
LOOL 🤣
It happens...things get misinterpreted.LOOL 🤣
When are you guys planning to start taking FLs? Which FLs?
I'm going to do Kaplan FLs + AAMCs + maybe TBR
I will take one at the end of February once I'm done with content review before I do any practice passages to gauge my progress... and then start doing passages and FLs every 1-2 weeks?
I'm going to do Kaplan FLs + AAMCs + maybe TBR
I will take one at the end of February once I'm done with content review before I do any practice passages to gauge my progress... and then start doing passages and FLs every 1-2 weeks?
When are you guys planning to start taking FLs? Which FLs?
I'm going to do Kaplan FLs + AAMCs + maybe TBR
I will take one at the end of February once I'm done with content review before I do any practice passages to gauge my progress... and then start doing passages and FLs every 1-2 weeks?
Going to start in march. 2 every week. AAMCs, TBR and whatever free ones I can get.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When are you guys planning to start taking FLs? Which FLs?
I'm going to do Kaplan FLs + AAMCs + maybe TBR
I will take one at the end of February once I'm done with content review before I do any practice passages to gauge my progress... and then start doing passages and FLs every 1-2 weeks?
I havent thought of this yet lol...I will have to check the SN2ed thing.
Going to start in march. 2 every week. AAMCs, TBR and whatever free ones I can get.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nice so we are going to start taking FLs together ... awesome!
Free ones: Kaplan and Princeton and Gold Standard (meh) give you one FL for free
If I postpone my MCAT to the 31st, I will buy TBRs
I meant like applying this cycle or next to med school. I'm taking the mcat on the 8th and want to apply as soon as I get my scores back (assuming I break 32)@23premes either the 22 or 31 of May and u?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL totally misread the whole question. Result of an entire day of physics and verbal and gen chem....this cycle hahahahaha....I meant like applying this cycle or next to med school. I'm taking the mcat on the 8th and want to apply as soon as I get my scores back (assuming I break 32)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Currently registered for May 8th but I might have to push it back to 31st.
I'm doing strict content review (no practice Q) so I can finish the content by the end of February, then spend March doing practice passages and spending April taking FLs ... if I'm not within the range I want, I will be push it back to the 31st
***TRUST ME, YOU DON'T WANNA DO THAT***
Push it back or study that way? Why?***TRUST ME, YOU DON'T WANNA DO THAT***
This^Push it back or study that way? Why?
Push it back or study that way? Why?
STUDY THAT WAY.
By the time he gets to March, he would have lost out on all he studied. The brain is an amazing thing.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So you recommend practice and study at the same time?STUDY THAT WAY.
By the time he gets to March, he would have lost out on all he studied. The brain is an amazing thing.
So you recommend practice and study at the same time?
ABSOLUTELY...you have to man! otherwise you will feel like you just wasted 2 months of your life.
like the SN2Ed thing?ABSOLUTELY...you have to man! otherwise you will feel like you just wasted 2 months of your life.
like the SN2Ed thing?
YOU BET!
So, don't waste your time running through all that lingo for no reason only to end up regretting it it.
cool. I started that thing lolYOU BET!
So, don't waste your time running through all that lingo for no reason only to end up regretting it it.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 3K