You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
May 2014 MCATers United
Started by TheAnonymous
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I dont think you can, I think you just have to do it manually.Hey MCATers ,,, anyone knows how to copy the 3 month calendar to google calendar & shift the dates for my MCAT day?!
I'm following my own schedule but I would like to take some of the mixing between subjects & when to start taking full lengths!
unless there is a new fxn where you can pour it on over...I looked around and I couldnt find it...Let me know if you find somethingThanks LabratABQ
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I looked around & searched about it but couldn't find anything ,,, I'll stop wasting my time in searching about things use that time in actual studying! I would recommend just looking at it without doing it manually ,,, but you have to keep track of it yourself instead of getting reminders from your google calendar.
I looked around & searched about it but couldn't find anything ,,, I'll stop wasting my time in searching about things use that time in actual studying! I would recommend just looking at it without doing it manually ,,, but you have to keep track of it yourself instead of getting reminders from your google calendar.
ya, that is true, it is a nice feature having a text sent and reminded you to study lol
ya, that is true, it is a nice feature having a text sent and reminded you to study lol
LOL I just ignore all texts and notifications I receive from Google Calendar automatically
dude, i do the same. I spent like 5 hours to add them on and then i started to ignore them, get annoyed and then feel bad and then take a nap LMAOLOL I just ignore all texts and notifications I receive from Google Calendar automatically
Hey MCATers ,,, anyone knows how to copy the 3 month calendar to google calendar & shift the dates for my MCAT day?!
I'm following my own schedule but I would like to take some of the mixing between subjects & when to start taking full lengths!
You can automatically put the 3 month schedule on google calender using this website http://mcatschedule.webs.com/mcatschedular.htm . It adjusts to the exam date you put in.
Hows studying going guys? Mine has been really slow
Do you guys have a fixed study schedule? I sometimes study from 11 pm to like 2 am and then wake up at 11 am ... mine is everything but fix!
Do you guys have a fixed study schedule? I sometimes study from 11 pm to like 2 am and then wake up at 11 am ... mine is everything but fix!
My studying is going good. Mine is far from fixed. I normally study when I wake up. Sometimes its 11am-5 or it could be 2pm -7pm. It really varies. But at least I can say I study everyday. 🙂Hows studying going guys? Mine has been really slow
Do you guys have a fixed study schedule? I sometimes study from 11 pm to like 2 am and then wake up at 11 am ... mine is everything but fix!
My studying is going good. Mine is far from fixed. I normally study when I wake up. Sometimes its 11am-5 or it could be 2pm -7pm. It really varies. But at least I can say I study everyday. 🙂
Awesome! are you taking any classes ? Or doing anything else ?
No classes for me. I just graduated in December. Now I'm just studying for the MCAT and volunteering at the hospital by my house.Awesome! are you taking any classes ? Or doing anything else ?
No classes for me. I just graduated in December. Now I'm just studying for the MCAT and volunteering at the hospital by my house.
I'm working+volunteering+research+studying for ~25-30 hours week while studying for the MCAT
Damn.I'm working+volunteering+research+studying for ~25-30 hours week while studying for the MCAT
Now how many of productive hours do you get out of those 3 hours? LolHows studying going guys? Mine has been really slow
Do you guys have a fixed study schedule? I sometimes study from 11 pm to like 2 am and then wake up at 11 am ... mine is everything but fix!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Now how many of productive hours do you get out of those 3 hours? Lol
I study for like 7 hours (4 productive) on a normal day but the days I have to work/research I only can spend an hour or 2 .. weekends like 5 hours ... 2 days / week nothing at all
I'm working+volunteering+research+studying for ~25-30 hours week while studying for the MCAT
I applaud you.
I could barely study for the MCAT and do school classes and volunteer and extracurricular activities.All I want to do is sleep and do nothing lolI applaud you.I could barely study for the MCAT and do school classes and volunteer and extracurricular activities.
You can automatically put the 3 month schedule on google calender using this website http://mcatschedule.webs.com/mcatschedular.htm . It adjusts to the exam date you put in.
It worked!!! Thanks a lot!!
Studying is depressing ,,,, I'm not doing well at all on my verbal ,, well I make stupid mistakes each time that I don't pay attention to certain words ,,, hope this will improve when I do more practice ,,, I've done around 6 passages now & my average on each is horrible!
I'm a full time graduate student ,, well maybe double full time lol ,,, I'm doing an intensive masters in 1 year at BU ,, so, my workload is 18 credits ,,, looking for some volunteer opportunities at BMC or Tufts & studying for my lovely cute MCAT!
You're welcome. That's what I used and I was so happy when I found it. 🙂It worked!!! Thanks a lot!!
I struggle with this too. I did 3 today, and one of them i got 100%....Studying is depressing ,,,, I'm not doing well at all on my verbal ,, well I make stupid mistakes each time that I don't pay attention to certain words ,,, hope this will improve when I do more practice ,,, I've done around 6 passages now & my average on each is horrible!
......thing is....i missed 100% on that one, as in 5 wrong out of 5.
I struggle with this too. I did 3 today, and one of them i got 100%....
......thing is....i missed 100% on that one, as in 5 wrong out of 5.![]()
hahahahahah ,,, I'l little bit better lol ,,, I get 80% or 90% WRONG ,,, I haven't gotten 100% wrong yet ,, but days are coming lol
the highest so far was 50% correct ,,, I got 2/6 ,, 3/7 ,,, 3/6 ,,,1/7 ,,, the last two were 2/7 ,,,, so depressing ,, it makes me have mixed feelings whether to keep working or just give up as I'm too stupid!! ,, I'm not sure now if ESL is the problem or maybe I'm having a bigger brain issues LOL
I wish if the MCAT is only bio & orgo ,,, I'm very very confident & good in both!
Just finished EK 101 test #4 today, my scores up to now:
EK 101 #1: 7
EK 101 #2: 7
EK101 #3: 9
EK101 #4: 10
that may sound crazy but I'm super excited that I got a 10 ... being an ESL student and scoring 6s and 7s, a 10 is great..... I'm really happy
About to start studying for Orgo chapter 6, hopefully finish it in 4 hours (today is the third day that I'm working on this chapter!!!)
EK 101 #1: 7
EK 101 #2: 7
EK101 #3: 9
EK101 #4: 10
that may sound crazy but I'm super excited that I got a 10 ... being an ESL student and scoring 6s and 7s, a 10 is great..... I'm really happy
About to start studying for Orgo chapter 6, hopefully finish it in 4 hours (today is the third day that I'm working on this chapter!!!)
Although a lot of people don't feel that reading will help at this point but honestly while taking 3 humanities classes which required so much reading last semester and studying for the mcat, my scores went from 2/6 3/6 to 5/6 and 6/7 occasional 5/7 so personally i think reading a lot helps tremendously. According to wikipremed read something atleast 3 hours a week.hahahahahah ,,, I'l little bit better lol ,,, I get 80% or 90% WRONG ,,, I haven't gotten 100% wrong yet ,, but days are coming lol
the highest so far was 50% correct ,,, I got 2/6 ,, 3/7 ,,, 3/6 ,,,1/7 ,,, the last two were 2/7 ,,,, so depressing ,, it makes me have mixed feelings whether to keep working or just give up as I'm too stupid!! ,, I'm not sure now if ESL is the problem or maybe I'm having a bigger brain issues LOL
I wish if the MCAT is only bio & orgo ,,, I'm very very confident & good in both!
Wow that's awesome! so what did you do differently?...As for orgo i think my biggest problem is going to be nmr because my orgo prof didn't focus on that at all.Just finished EK 101 test #4 today, my scores up to now:
EK 101 #1: 7
EK 101 #2: 7
EK101 #3: 9
EK101 #4: 10
that may sound crazy but I'm super excited that I got a 10 ... being an ESL student and scoring 6s and 7s, a 10 is great..... I'm really happy
About to start studying for Orgo chapter 6, hopefully finish it in 4 hours (today is the third day that I'm working on this chapter!!!)
Youre not stupid, the freaking test is stupid hahahahahha. 😵hahahahahah ,,, I'l little bit better lol ,,, I get 80% or 90% WRONG ,,, I haven't gotten 100% wrong yet ,, but days are coming lol
the highest so far was 50% correct ,,, I got 2/6 ,, 3/7 ,,, 3/6 ,,,1/7 ,,, the last two were 2/7 ,,,, so depressing ,, it makes me have mixed feelings whether to keep working or just give up as I'm too stupid!! ,, I'm not sure now if ESL is the problem or maybe I'm having a bigger brain issues LOL
I wish if the MCAT is only bio & orgo ,,, I'm very very confident & good in both!
damn, fancy there. congrats!Just finished EK 101 test #4 today, my scores up to now:
EK 101 #1: 7
EK 101 #2: 7
EK101 #3: 9
EK101 #4: 10
that may sound crazy but I'm super excited that I got a 10 ... being an ESL student and scoring 6s and 7s, a 10 is great..... I'm really happy
About to start studying for Orgo chapter 6, hopefully finish it in 4 hours (today is the third day that I'm working on this chapter!!!)

thanks guys! it's too soon be confident as my scores tend to be all over the place but that's some motivation for me...
2 things I did differently:
1. I spent 5-6 seconds looking at the questions, scanning for questions that asks for a keyword, before start reading the passage ... helps save some time
2. I referred back to the passage more frequently...
will do test #5 in 3-4 days and see how that goes
2 things I did differently:
1. I spent 5-6 seconds looking at the questions, scanning for questions that asks for a keyword, before start reading the passage ... helps save some time
2. I referred back to the passage more frequently...
will do test #5 in 3-4 days and see how that goes
Just finished EK 101 test #4 today, my scores up to now:
EK 101 #1: 7
EK 101 #2: 7
EK101 #3: 9
EK101 #4: 10
that may sound crazy but I'm super excited that I got a 10 ... being an ESL student and scoring 6s and 7s, a 10 is great..... I'm really happy
About to start studying for Orgo chapter 6, hopefully finish it in 4 hours (today is the third day that I'm working on this chapter!!!)
Good Job!
Hope I will get there before my test day!
So,, do you recommend taking full verbal test instead of doing practice passages alone? I've been doing just practice passages, I did the EK101 warm up as separate passages. I take 8 minutes for each one. I was planning to use test 1 as practice passages but I like the way you did it as you can have a sense of what your overall section score average is!
Maybe keep the practice with the TPRH verbal and do full tests with EK 101 would be a better idea ,,, but I'm still afraid of taking full verbal tests!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good Job!
Hope I will get there before my test day!
So,, do you recommend taking full verbal test instead of doing practice passages alone? I've been doing just practice passages, I did the EK101 warm up as separate passages. I take 8 minutes for each one. I was planning to use test 1 as practice passages but I like the way you did it as you can have a sense of what your overall section score average is!
Maybe keep the practice with the TPRH verbal and do full tests with EK 101 would be a better idea ,,, but I'm still afraid of taking full verbal tests!
I didn't and I don't recommend taking full VR tests now. It's best to do a few passages every day, and then 2 months away from the date, do 3-4 passages together and then eventually full tests....
I do on average ~3 passages / day for 4 days / week. Today I was in a good mood and did 5 passages. I do them one-by-one. Some passages took me 5-6 minutes and 2 took me 11 and 12 minutes ! So you need flexibility with time as well...
I'm by no means good at verbal and my 10 today can be just due to luck ...
10 is my ultimate goal on the real deal
have you guys started to work on your PS and all?
nopeI will start GChem in a week? I guess
PS= personal statement lol....but i see how i confused you dere!😀nope
I will start GChem in a week? I guess
PS= personal statement lol....but i see how i confused you dere!😀
haha oops ! 🙂)
I have no idea when it comes to applications and personal statements... do people usually start writing them now? .... shoot
I suck at writing, I am good at writing threaten letters, should had gone to law school, but then their unemployment rate is too high LOL....that wont work for personal statement. I cant threat the committees hahahaha or they gonna drop me in a heart beat. I think it might be smart cause they have readers on here who are good and willing to work on your statements with you for free of charge, and if you wait too late, like in a month or so, the forum is gonna be flooded with peeps who just come in here for that purpose and who dont usually hang around like us and if the readers are too busy then they wont be able to read ours....the editing services aint cheap. I looked into it, I think it costs around 75 bucks to a couple thousands.haha oops ! 🙂)
I have no idea when it comes to applications and personal statements... do people usually start writing them now? .... shoot




I suck at writing, I am good at writing threaten letters, should had gone to law school, but then their unemployment rate is too high LOL....that wont work for personal statement. I cant threat the committees hahahaha or they gonna drop me in a heart beat. I think it might be smart cause they have readers on here who are good and willing to work on your statements with you for free of charge, and if you wait too late, like in a month or so, the forum is gonna be flooded with peeps who just come in here for that purpose and who dont usually hang around like us and if the readers are too busy then they wont be able to read ours....the editing services aint cheap. I looked into it, I think it costs around 75 bucks to a couple thousands.![]()
here you mean on SDN? so you basically write your statement and give it to them to read it for you? that sounds great...
I only use this subforum of SDN for MCAT lol apparently there is much more to SDN than I thought
pshh man I should start using SDN more .... I should also post on those what are my chances thread lol
can you send me links to that thread?
can you send me links to that thread?
hows studying going? I just finished TBR Orgo chapter 6.. going to take a coffee break (1-2 hours) and start chapter 7 ..... man TBR orgo is just too much for me lol
studying hasnt started today, i supposed to do orgo chapter 1 today, and i am slacking off majorly!!!
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...ement-guide-and-reader-list-2012-2013.895287/
The list for this year hasnt came out.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...ement-guide-and-reader-list-2012-2013.895287/
The list for this year hasnt came out.
studying hasnt started today, i supposed to do orgo chapter 1 today, and i am slacking off majorly!!!
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...ement-guide-and-reader-list-2012-2013.895287/
The list for this year hasnt came out.
thanks bud
so besides the personal statement is there anything else that we need to prep when submitting apps on June 4th?
thanks bud
so besides the personal statement is there anything else that we need to prep when submitting apps on June 4th?
You can always pre-write secondaries of the schools you plan on applying to. I started pre-writing about 10-12 ish before my MCAT course started. Haven't had a change to touch them ever since, I have more than enough to keep me occupied at the moment.
You can always pre-write secondaries of the schools you plan on applying to. I started pre-writing about 10-12 ish before my MCAT course started. Haven't had a change to touch them ever since, I have more than enough to keep me occupied at the moment.
Sorry I guess I'm a newbie... so in a nutshell this is how the process works?
submit primaries on june 4th (for this, you need Reference Letters, + Transcript + Personal Statement).... then schools send you secondaries like after one month (early july?) and then the sooner you submit those the better off you are?
secondaries take more time right? and do you get the questions of of this forum from other students?
Sorry I guess I'm a newbie... so in a nutshell this is how the process works?
submit primaries on june 4th (for this, you need Reference Letters, + Transcript + Personal Statement).... then schools send you secondaries like after one month (early july?) and then the sooner you submit those the better off you are?
secondaries take more time right? and do you get the questions of of this forum from other students?
I'm a first time applicant, so I'm not all THAT knowledgable on the process, but correct; the sooner you submit the secondaries, the better off you are. Ex: It would be pretty dumb to submit your primary June 4th, only to complete secondaries August 1st or something.
Generally, the secondaries from the previous year don't change. You can easily look at the 2013-2014 application thread of whatever school you want to apply to, and get the secondary prompts in order to start pre writing them. You can literally type (for example) "Tufts school of Medicine sdn" on Google and get the 2013-2014 thread from there.
I apologize if my explanation isn't crystal clear.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thanks, it actually helps a lot ! I see what you mean....
Do you guys know how many schools you will be applying to? Roughly
Do you guys know how many schools you will be applying to? Roughly
Sure thing! and @ManOfDiligence where do you find the secondaries? I have been looking around and I found for one school so far lolthanks bud
so besides the personal statement is there anything else that we need to prep when submitting apps on June 4th?
I am thinking of minimum of 10-15 schools. I mean i am not the best applicant out there so I have to apply to as many as i could and hope that someone will accept me lol sad i know...u?thanks, it actually helps a lot ! I see what you mean....
Do you guys know how many schools you will be applying to? Roughly
I'm from Canada so there are not so many schools that I can apply to... I'm thinking maybe 1-2 here in Canada and 5-6 in US ... but again I'm not very familiar with the process and everything
oh buddy, read it up now...cause it is a madness world out there.... www.aamc.orgI'm from Canada so there are not so many schools that I can apply to... I'm thinking maybe 1-2 here in Canada and 5-6 in US ... but again I'm not very familiar with the process and everything
You only have 1-2 schools in Canada? lol
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 3K