• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
May 18, 2019
Status
Pre-Dental
Hello everyone! So I was thinking about taking a gap year as I am finishing undergrad this December! Thank God, so I wanted some advice, originally I was thinking to go straight into a post bacc program for next Fall. Which would give me 6 months off before I start school again. But I've been getting advice from some friends and family that I should take a year off before going back to school and work work work work. So I'm not sure on what to do. If I take this year off I'm thinking about maybe taking more of the prereq classes and maybe retaking some classes and participate in Summer Dental enrichment programs? But I won't be a full time student and maybe when I have the change to shadow and maybe take the DATs. If I do this then maybe I wouldn't have to do a Post Bacc, I'm not sure, I was also thinking about enrolling in Boston University's Oral Health Masters Program. I honestly don't know the next step but I'm open to hear some of your opinions.

Thank you

Last edited:
About the Ads