MCAT 2016 Score Lifetime

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iJammer18

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi You All wonderful people

I am planning on taking the MCAT in 2016. I am currently a Sophomore in undergrad. I know most Med Schools will only allow scores <= 3 years old; will taking the test in 2016 allow me to take a gap year and matriculate in 2019 or do I need to matriculate in 2018.

Also, a second question. Does the specific date that I take the MCAT in 2016 matter? For example, if I take it July over the summer vs October or November, will that have any impact on when my scores are good until?

Please let me know, I know this has been asked a 1000 times but I looked around a good bit and couldnt find a clear answer.

Thanks much5

Members don't see this ad.

Well, for one, don't take the MCAT as a Sophomore. You haven't had enough exposure to do well. Just focus on ECs and social life. Seriously.

Anyway, from what I understand, scores are good for 3 cycles. Still, don't even worry about the MCAT until at least the summer of Junior year or even Senior year, better yet.

Well, for one, don't take the MCAT as a Sophomore. You haven't had enough exposure to do well. Just focus on ECs and social life. Seriously.

Anyway, from what I understand, scores are good for 3 cycles. Still, don't even worry about the MCAT until at least the summer of Junior year or even Senior year, better yet.

bs. i took as soph. scored good. now i'm stress free and have that huge weight off my plate. take as early as possibles what i say.