MCAT confusion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

obliViate21

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there are probably many other pre-med students with this problem and I have read several threads until my head started aching, but I still cannot reach a conclusion. I have found a really good MCAT schedule that isolates 3 months for preparation. I wanted to do so over the summer but after reading about how important timing is, I'm not so sure it is a good idea because it would make my application late and thus disadvantageous. I am not sure preparing in the prior spring semester is a good either since I will have a pretty intense course load. I know it depends on each student as to how much MCAT preparation is needed, but I do not know how to make the decision. Any advice would be useful, thank you.

Also a quick question about LoR's. Would it be better to ask my professors after I have just taken the class or is it better to wait until application time nears. I know it seems smarter to ask after I have just taken the course, however I do not know what to do with the letters once they are ready, considering it is a bit before the application is ready. As in I am not sure where they can submit to, if I do not want to see the letters. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not really sure what your getting at but studying, getting a good score, and applying later would be a much better option then studying with a full load and doing terribly. (Worse comes to worse you can apply the next year and have a good score already)
I would ask professors as soon as the course ends because they will remember who you are. I'm not sure about sending it in..... My school has a process where you can just keep the LOR for years in the premed office.

I'm not really sure what your getting at but studying, getting a good score, and applying later would be a much better option then studying with a full load and doing terribly. (Worse comes to worse you can apply the next year and have a good score already)
I would ask professors as soon as the course ends because they will remember who you are. I'm not sure about sending it in..... My school has a process where you can just keep the LOR for years in the premed office.

Yeah good point, thank you!