MCAT I am behind

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted783484

I have been studying for the MCAT and taking 18 units at the same time. So far, I have finished chemistry content review and still have 3 chapter of physics TBR. I haven't done bio or biochem or psych and my MCAT is on March 31st. What should I do ? I am completely screwed? I can't reschedule because I am already a senior taking one gap year and I can't study for it in the summer and take two gap years. I feel so down and I am constantly thinking about how behind I am and how I am working hard for nothing.

Members don't see this ad.

DO NOT take the MCAT until you feel absolutely prepared. If you need more time to study then take an SMP so you won't have "2 gap years".

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
DO NOT take the MCAT until you feel absolutely prepared.
Slightly tweaking that to say, "ready" to be done with it (sick of studying, done at least ALL AAMC materials, SBs at least 2x, etc.)

No one ever feels absolutely ready to take it, unlike college courses where we shut the cover of the book, close our notes, and think, "Damn, I got this!" - the MCAT never feels that way.

The gauge should be:

Did you take the AAMC scored practice tests? did you get the score close enough to your goal score? If not, then reschedule.

That you are 6 weeks out with B/B and Psy/Soc left, and presuming you have not taken the AAMC or any other FLs? I would reschedule to April or May, or even later (June, July, Aug), then apply next cycle.

Given your heavy class load, you can push back the MCAT, focus on school, then focus on MCAT.