This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TraumaTech22

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am a new member to SDN. So today I come seeking the advice of anyone who may have some helpful insight to this beast of a test. My honest goal here is to score a 507 or higher. I am currently a month out from my MCAT exam date, and I am just beginning the AAMC Practice material. I have completed most of the AAMC question banks, and received a 502 on the AAMC FL 1. I am honestly feeling a little discouraged (126/123/126/127). Ouch on that CARS score... I just don't know how to bring this up?

The MCAT is really the only thing holding me back, as I graduated with a cGPA: 3.67, sGPA: 3.65, and strong extra curriculars, as I have been an ER/Trauma Tech at a Level 1 Trauma Center for a couple of years, an EMT for 3 years, (3,000 + hours of patient contact) as well as a few hundred hours of volunteering and shadowing.
Anyone have any words of advise?

Members don't see this ad.

Keep pounding away at CARS. That is my nemesis as well. I have found that I do best when I get good sleep and don't overthink the questions. Try to answer questions using only what they say in the passage. That has been helpful for me. I worked through EK and TPR for CARS and found both helpful. I'm doing AAMC material now and although the passages are different from what I was doing, I am doing better on their questions. You need to keep plugging away and get a style that works for you.

For chemistry, physics, organic, and biology, you have to do the passages and spend time grading and going over EVEYTHING, right or wrong. The answer explanations in TBR are amazing, and those have been the biggest reason why I am doing so well in C/P and B/B.

Good luck.