-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
MCAT Registration.... Arrgh
Started by rcd
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
🙁 I'm moving backwards ...
i got an email, but no on site confirmation......
👍 😱 😱 😕 😕
congrats... you made it... im still stuck at payment.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
congrats... you made it... im still stuck at payment.
you think so?? hopefully optimistic... guess i just keep checking main page til it changes??
to you!!I'm trying for 5/25. I can't find this "booklet", where is it?
think its called mcat essentials? its the 20-something page pdf thing... at some point in registration they ask if you've read it and you have to click yes.. (i didn't read it then, i read it before....)
it has all the dates/times/etc...
can anyone post the phone # for AAMC? I've been charged thrice, but it still says im not registered for the MCAT on my AAMC homepage
can anyone post the phone # for AAMC? I've been charged thrice, but it still says im not registered for the MCAT on my AAMC homepage
i'm afraid i might've been charged 2x too...
maybe they are just playing catch up? i got an email, just no online confrimation....
i'm afraid i might've been charged 2x too...
maybe they are just playing catch up? i got an email, just no online confrimation....
is your main page updated? or no... mights not updated, no email, no conformation page. charged 3x.
is your main page updated? or no... mights not updated, no email, no conformation page. charged 3x.
no update on main page... no confirmation page... but an email that has everything in it... and is calling itselfa confirmation...
no update on main page... no confirmation page... but an email that has everything in it... and is calling itselfa confirmation...
how do i talk to someone!??! on aamc... geez.
From the 1st page of this thread:can anyone post the phone # for AAMC? I've been charged thrice, but it still says im not registered for the MCAT on my AAMC homepage
For questions about registration and test administration:
[email protected]
The MCAT Care Team
Association of American Medical Colleges
Section for Applicant Assessment Services
2450 N St., NW
Washington, DC 20037
Phone: 202-828-0690
www.aamc.org/mcat
Though I'm going to assume that getting a hold of anyone at this time isn't going to be easy...
where do you go to find what dates are at what test times (8 or 12)?
it is not saying on the registration.
it is not saying on the registration.
where do you go to find what dates are at what test times (8 or 12)?
it is not saying on the registration.
http://www.aamc.org/students/mcat/mcatessentials.pdf
argh! i don't know what to do
8 hrs and counting ...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got e-mail confirmation, but no web confirmation. My e-mail says that I do not require a ticket and just need ID on the day of the exam. Is that true for everyone? tuerqoise_water post on page 8 said something needed to be printed. Here is exactly what my e-mail said:
"DOCUMENT TO BRING: One valid government issued ID with photo and signature (i.e. Driver's License, Passport). You
will NOT be receiving an Admission Ticket. Simply report to the testing site on the examination day with the proper identification."
"DOCUMENT TO BRING: One valid government issued ID with photo and signature (i.e. Driver's License, Passport). You
will NOT be receiving an Admission Ticket. Simply report to the testing site on the examination day with the proper identification."
Nice...I was submitting payment, and then my browser got crazy and shut down. I get to start all over again now from the login troubles...8.5 hours into it. 🙁
Thanks for a great day of vacation AAMC!!!!
Thanks for a great day of vacation AAMC!!!!
I've been held up trying to pick the undergrad school that my committee letter will come from (i.e. to authorize release to). Is this something I can skip and authorize later so I can get my seat now? Been trying since it opened. HELP! Rats, now it's not even giving me the option of opening a list to choose from. And this after hours of working to "select" my undergrad school! Really tempted to just skip it.
I just got e-mail confirmation, but no web confirmation. My e-mail says that I do not require a ticket and just need ID on the day of the exam. Is that true for everyone? tuerqoise_water post on page 8 said something needed to be printed. Here is exactly what my e-mail said:
"DOCUMENT TO BRING: One valid government issued ID with photo and signature (i.e. Driver's License, Passport). You
will NOT be receiving an Admission Ticket. Simply report to the testing site on the examination day with the proper identification."
that's what i got! has your front page been updated yet?
I just got e-mail confirmation, but no web confirmation. My e-mail says that I do not require a ticket and just need ID on the day of the exam. Is that true for everyone? tuerqoise_water post on page 8 said something needed to be printed. Here is exactly what my e-mail said:
"DOCUMENT TO BRING: One valid government issued ID with photo and signature (i.e. Driver's License, Passport). You
will NOT be receiving an Admission Ticket. Simply report to the testing site on the examination day with the proper identification."
I received the same email, but no confirmation page. Also, when I go to the main AAMC MCAT page, it tells me that I am not registered for the MCAT. I've tried calling AAMC, but of course, on hold for about an hour. I gave up and sent them an email. If I hear back from them or am able to reach them through phone, I'll let everyone know what they say. I am hoping that their system is just behind and that it did not drop the registration.
Aye and I thought all my registration woes were over after I received the confirmation.
QUOTE=carwreck;4548885]I received the same email, but no confirmation page. Also, when I go to the main AAMC MCAT page, it tells me that I am not registered for the MCAT. I've tried calling AAMC, but of course, on hold for about an hour. I gave up and sent them an email. If I hear back from them or am able to reach them through phone, I'll let everyone know what they say. I am hoping that their system is just behind and that it did not drop the registration.
Aye and I thought all my registration woes were over after I received the confirmation.[/QUOTE]
That's what I was thinking (system just behind)... let us know... thanks! 👍 👍
Aye and I thought all my registration woes were over after I received the confirmation.[/QUOTE]
That's what I was thinking (system just behind)... let us know... thanks! 👍 👍
No update on my account after 20 minutes...
I hope my credit card hasnt been charged more than once either...i must have refreshed like 10 times.
I hope my credit card hasnt been charged more than once either...i must have refreshed like 10 times.
FINALLY. I decided to try one last time and i got the conformation page. jesus. now i'm charged 4 times .
PS... my HOMEPAGE WAS UPDATED IMMEDIATELY!
I'm in the same boat 🙁alright, i can get the damn map page to load.... But when I click on my site of choice, nothing happens? any advice?
(*&@$@#$)(*%)*(&#@$^(&*#@$_(*$@&%*)&(#$^I'm in the same boat 🙁
BETWEEN MY MOM AND THIS SITE I MIGHT BE GETTING A MIGRANE 😡
I was getting caught up here, too, and decided to skip it. I'm doing post-bacc, and my school doesn't have a committee. The "pre-med advisor" is so worthless that I wound up meeting with the advisor from my undergrad school, and I graduated 10 years ago... So I'm thinking that my current school really doesn't need to know my score. Hope no one at AAMC cares.I've been held up trying to pick the undergrad school that my committee letter will come from (i.e. to authorize release to). Is this something I can skip and authorize later so I can get my seat now? Been trying since it opened. HELP! Rats, now it's not even giving me the option of opening a list to choose from. And this after hours of working to "select" my undergrad school! Really tempted to just skip it.
Countrywide, there have been about 500 successful registrations. NO sites or dates are full. The system is still bogged down. We're embarrassed and distressed and trying desperately to figure out where the bottleneck is. But that isn't making it move any faster.
Our suggestion: let it go for tonight. Try tomorrow. Continuing to pound at it, at this point, is only going to make things worse, here and for your blood pressure.
Regarding having a confirmation email, but the login page still showing no registration: the earlier guess is correct - if you have the email, your seat is reserved. That reservation exists at Prometric. The AAMC's login page isn't getting that information back from Prometric in a timely manner (!), so it may not realize you're registered, but you still are.
We're keeping an eye out for double payments, and trying to get them cancelled/refunded asap.
I know you've all had a terribly frustrating day. Please accept my personal apology for the delays. They're not from a shortage of servers, staff or resources. They're from a mystery bottleneck. Other problems, like the double payments, are cascading from that. I hope to have more positive information for you early tomorrow.
Thank you for your forbearance.
Ellen Julian
Director of the MCAT
Our suggestion: let it go for tonight. Try tomorrow. Continuing to pound at it, at this point, is only going to make things worse, here and for your blood pressure.
Regarding having a confirmation email, but the login page still showing no registration: the earlier guess is correct - if you have the email, your seat is reserved. That reservation exists at Prometric. The AAMC's login page isn't getting that information back from Prometric in a timely manner (!), so it may not realize you're registered, but you still are.
We're keeping an eye out for double payments, and trying to get them cancelled/refunded asap.
I know you've all had a terribly frustrating day. Please accept my personal apology for the delays. They're not from a shortage of servers, staff or resources. They're from a mystery bottleneck. Other problems, like the double payments, are cascading from that. I hope to have more positive information for you early tomorrow.
Thank you for your forbearance.
Ellen Julian
Director of the MCAT
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I went back and now I can't even get the map to load ...
PS... my HOMEPAGE WAS UPDATED IMMEDIATELY!
Because you paid $840. 👍
tell me about it.
*headache*
Copa updated the sticky thread ...
Ellen, thanks for the updates. I'm sure you guys are having an extremely frustrating day as well (understatement of the century?), and I'm sure we all appreciate the work your staff is doing to try and fix the problems.
everyone!
everyone!I'm just going to try tomorrow/late tonight. If all the seats are gone I guess I'll just quit premed and become a gym teacher

Wow. After trying on and off since about 10am eastern, I made it in on 4/16. Not my first choice, but I'm happy with anything at this point. From what I was told Idaho has one site with only 12 seats.👎
For anyone curious, I did get a confirmation page that tells me I am supposed to print and bring it with me along with ID. Haven't checked the email yet.
For anyone curious, I did get a confirmation page that tells me I am supposed to print and bring it with me along with ID. Haven't checked the email yet.
at times I had it going for over 30 mins. If it keps going, the servers are down.
Ellen, thanks for the updates. I'm sure you guys are having an extremely frustrating day as well (understatement of the century?), and I'm sure we all appreciate the work your staff is doing to try and fix the problems.
everyone!
I second that. Thank you for keeping us posted. The number of successful registrations was a really helpful stat and I'm sure you calmed a lot of people's nerves!
I'm happy that I was just now able to register, and got both the web and email confirmations. Everyone who's taking the time to persist through this, it will work out! Thank you so much to everyone who posted. I've been reading posts periodically throughout the day (I'm on PST and registration started here at 6am) and all your advice (and commiseration 🙂) helped so so much. Good luck to everyone in registration, and good luck in med school and in your careers!! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good luck to all the people still trying. A big thank you to all the people who were suggesting ideas. That was the most painful 8 hours I have ever lived through...
i got an email, but no on site confirmation......
👍 😱 😱 😕 😕
yay Congrats 😎 😀 😀

I'm officially giving up. At least for today.
Do they REALLY mean it when they say that nothing has sold out? Cause my first choice testing center says no seats available! Do I grab my second choice to have a seat on that date (haven't checked if they're available though), or wait until tomorrow if it really is a snafu?
I'm just going to try tomorrow/late tonight. If all the seats are gone I guess I'll just quit premed and become a gym teacher

