-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
MCAT Registration.... Arrgh
Started by rcd
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I think I am officially the suckiest person at doing this registration thing... I haven't made it past "change temp PW"
Things that will happen before MCAT registration starts to work:
1) Scientists will discover the cure for cancer
2) Non-human primates will rule the world (and fix the registration problem)
3) Any other ideas?
Discovery of life on other planets
The 2nd coming of Christ
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've made it to the sign-on page, then "connection is lost"
Hosers.
Hosers.
supposedly I'm reserving my seat now ... 😎
what do you do if there are "errors" on the page.
when i select something from the drop down menus, it doesnt go on to the next page.
bah.
when i select something from the drop down menus, it doesnt go on to the next page.
bah.
I'm taking a day off of studying just for this
If I were at school with my other premed friends going through this hell, there could be an excellent drinking game made out of "How many times will you see the Connection timeout page?" But then again, people would be smashed within a few minutes.
I've decided to take the healthier approach and do a push-up game. I'll either be really buff by the time I register, or my arms will fall off.
I've decided to take the healthier approach and do a push-up game. I'll either be really buff by the time I register, or my arms will fall off.
It'll snow.
(I live in South Mississippi)
Hahaha. I used to live in central MS; we got snow every once in while. Now I'm in Az. I think I can see pigs flying through the snowstorm outside...
If I were at school with my other premed friends going through this hell, there could be an excellent drinking game made out of "How many times will you see the Connection timeout page?" But then again, people would be smashed within a few minutes.
I've decided to take the healthier approach and do a push-up game. I'll either be really buff by the time I register, or my arms will fall off.
hahaha...

It'll snow.
(I live in South Mississippi)
Oh yes, I know Hattiesburg VERY well
3rd...The 2nd coming of Christ
HOW LONG CAN WE CHECK FOR FREAKING SEATS!!!
i'm little, i'll share a seat! 🙂
i'm little, i'll share a seat! 🙂
Oh yes, I know Hattiesburg VERY well
i love hattiesburg. i'm home for the holidays, though (at the parentals) who live ON the coast. Even less chance of snow.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
aah what a relief ! i got my seat reserved, made payment 😎
now am waiting for email conformation, 🙄
need to take a nap 😴 and study 😳 😀
Good Luck u guys !!!!
now am waiting for email conformation, 🙄
need to take a nap 😴 and study 😳 😀
Good Luck u guys !!!!

aah what a relief ! i got my seat reserved, made payment 😎
now am waiting for email conformation, 🙄![]()
need to take a nap 😴 and study 😳 😀
Good Luck u guys !!!!![]()
did you have trouble at the seat part?
i love hattiesburg. i'm home for the holidays, though (at the parentals) who live ON the coast. Even less chance of snow.![]()
![]()
I used to live in Mobile while doing my Phd at South Alabama and my then-boyfriend was doing his PhD in computer science at USM.
How long you been "reserving" for? I'm going on 10 minutes....supposedly I'm reserving my seat now ... 😎
did you have trouble at the seat part?
yes i did, i had trouble with Map too. I kept on refreshing the page after couple of minutes. DONT start the process all over again. Keep refreshing 😳
Good Luck

I used to live in Mobile while doing my Phd at South Alabama and my then-boyfriend was doing his PhD in computer science at USM.
then indeed you do 🙂. South is where I want to go to med school, if i ever get to register for the test!!!!!!!!!!!11😡
If the map doesn't load do you keep refreshing or what?
If the map doesn't load do you keep refreshing or what?
YES ! dont start all over again. 🙂
It took more than 15 minutes for my map to load 😡 but it worked.
then indeed you do 🙂. South is where I want to go to med school, if i ever get to register for the test!!!!!!!!!!!11😡
I loved South. My then-BF transferred and finished his PhD at Tulane, and I really like that school, too.
Too bad he's teaching in Montana now. I'd have him get friendly with someone on the adcom 😉
So it let me click "Reserve seat." After 10 minutes of "Reserving seat" the system kindly told me my seat was no longer available and sent me back to start all over again. Really, I could just hug everyone over at AAMC.
It did that to me too. But dont go back again. REFRESH . And select the test center again, it will work. 🙂
Do you keep refreshing even with the postdata warning?
Just keep hitting reload/refresh or hit back. Dont' restart the process!
YES! Mshheaddoc is right - that is how I finally got through. Keep refreshing, even when it seems like it's not going to work. I had to refresh each page about 7 times before I finally got to the payment page, which I had to refresh about 5 times over 10 minutes. But, it FINALLY worked!!! 😀 😀 If you aren't taken immediately to the conformation page, keep checking your email in a different browser because the conformation will also be sent there after it goes through.
Just don't give up and keep refreshing where you are...
Do you keep refreshing even with the postdata warning?
yes , i did 🙂
the system is really ******ed and slow.
i think refreshing is the key. Dont go back again.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So it let me click "Reserve seat." After 10 minutes of "Reserving seat" the system kindly told me my seat was no longer available and sent me back to start all over again. Really, I could just hug everyone over at AAMC.
It did the same thing to me at the payment page! I was so mad. However, I don't know why it gave that error because that seat was still open. I clicked page back and searched again, reserved the seat again and went through it all again and eventually was successful. Keep trying!

shoot. I've been going back to the register page for the last 5 hours.
here's hoping I get success today!
here's hoping I get success today!
It's doing that because there is a set time limit for how long you can hold you seat before buying it. If you try to buy it unsuccessfully too many times, it takes too long and your seat is dropped so it shows as unavailable.It did the same thing to me at the payment page! I was so mad. However, I don't know why it gave that error because that seat was still open. I clicked page back and searched again, reserved the seat again and went through it all again and eventually was successful.
if credit card info is entered, and it screws up, did you redo it?
Do you keep refreshing even with the postdata warning?
Yes, I did. I kept refreshing even when it wouldn't come up and eventually it would. The key is to keep refreshing - don't start from the beginning - it took me about 7 tries on each page to get to the end. You will get there, too

Edit: Sorry to be redundant - I didn't see turquoise_water's response before. 🙂
shoot. I've been going back to the register page for the last 5 hours.
here's hoping I get success today!
Yeah, my mom stayed home and instead of us running errands she's bringing lunch to the computer and babysitting my puppies... hahaha
i'm over it!!!!!!!
😡 My center filled up for my date of choice!
still trying to reserve seat ...
It's like everytime i post about a failure, it works for me... so
how come i cant see the map, and i cant hold my seat, and i cant pay for it, and i cant finish registering for the MCAT.
how come i cant see the map, and i cant hold my seat, and i cant pay for it, and i cant finish registering for the MCAT.
if credit card info is entered, and it screws up, did you redo it?
I refreshed the page and entered the credit card info again. It took a few tries on this page, too, unfortunately...
30 mins of "reserving my seat"
So the map takes 15 minutes to load....
I had my 18month old down for a nap now for 2 hours and she is going to wake up any minute. She doesn't respond to the same threats my 4yo and 3 yo's do "touch the computer and I'll find the meanest babysitter i can and leave you here with her" (tee hee hee). If she wakes up all is lost - she will not let me alone on the computer and will insist on banging on the keyboard. Why are we all trying to register today anyway? There are many dates we are registering for- how many of you are doing the weds in may? Maybe i should just wait until tomorrow.
I had my 18month old down for a nap now for 2 hours and she is going to wake up any minute. She doesn't respond to the same threats my 4yo and 3 yo's do "touch the computer and I'll find the meanest babysitter i can and leave you here with her" (tee hee hee). If she wakes up all is lost - she will not let me alone on the computer and will insist on banging on the keyboard. Why are we all trying to register today anyway? There are many dates we are registering for- how many of you are doing the weds in may? Maybe i should just wait until tomorrow.
do you think firefox vs. explorer makes a difference?
Anyone know if we should refresh when the "Reserving seat" thing is at work? It's been like 20 minutes.
this is unbelievable...
i'm now afraid i won't get a testing location within an hour drive from my house
i'm now afraid i won't get a testing location within an hour drive from my house
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh, god, I'd use Explorer. Normally, you'd think that it would be cleared for firefox as well, but with the bugginess of the system so far, I'd stick with the biggest marketshare browser.do you think firefox vs. explorer makes a difference?
Sorry, I'm a firefox fan as well...
do you think firefox vs. explorer makes a difference?
I don't know the "technical" answer, but, for what it's worth from my own experience, I started out alternating between both and I got through most often with explorer (and eventually was successful with explorer).
my map page loads, but it jsut keeps saying searching for a seat..
refresh, or sit here?
refresh, or sit here?
if we are having this much trouble, EVERYONE is having this much trouble.this is unbelievable...
i'm now afraid i won't get a testing location within an hour drive from my house
try not to worry too much.
i refreshed b/c it took 30 mins and nothing happened.Anyone know if we should refresh when the "Reserving seat" thing is at work? It's been like 20 minutes.