MCAT Sophomore Year Thoughts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jlndo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
This is my first post so feel free to troll the newbie. I am a sophomore and plan to take the MCAT at the end of this year/ September 7th exam (next September obviously), hopefully after spending the 3 months of the summer studying. I will have taken all of the pre-reqs including biochem/physics/organic..etc. Do you think this is foolish? I am graduating a year early too so it is a tight schedule to begin with. My plan was that having taken all of the essential courses in close proximity, the information will be fresh in my head before the exam. However, I worry that it will leave me highly inexperienced compared to seasoned students who have taken more advanced courses like cell/molecular etc. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,
This is my first post so feel free to troll the newbie. I am a sophomore and plan to take the MCAT at the end of this year/ September 7th exam (next September obviously), hopefully after spending the 3 months of the summer studying. I will have taken all of the pre-reqs including biochem/physics/organic..etc. Do you think this is foolish? I am graduating a year early too so it is a tight schedule to begin with. My plan was that having taken all of the essential courses in close proximity, the information will be fresh in my head before the exam. However, I worry that it will leave me highly inexperienced compared to seasoned students who have taken more advanced courses like cell/molecular etc. Thoughts?

Every summer I have a good number of sophomores in my class, and they do quite well on the MCAT. The key question you need to ask if if you've had all of the classes you need for content. Most important of all classes is biochemistry. If you've taken genetics, molecular biology, and biochemistry, then you have the foundation to take the MCAT.

Reactions: 1 user