MCAT study in 1 month (retaker)

Started by deleted803410
Tags Tags
mcat one month retake
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted803410

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone. I took my MCAT in late April and voided it because I went in with no sleep and I got sick, and I was 100% positive that the score would be poor and not what I studied for. I also knew I wasn't totally ready, and all those things that happened made it hard to really try my best. I am very happy I made that decision.

New MCAT date is June 17. After my first MCAT, I had to focus on all my finals. I could not study much during this time. However, now it's summer and I have a ton of time on my hands. No work, no summer classes, no outstanding commitments. I already know much of the content from my prior studying, and I just finished some classes relevant to the MCAT. I mostly wanted to do tons of practice and brushing up on my weaknesses; focus on 2-3 weaknesses per day. This is much more than what I could do during my school semester. I am thinking that perhaps 1 month of intensive study is going to benefit me more than the 5 months of super spread out study I was doing earlier. I have a few questions about this though.

1) Is 1 month enough time if I have plenty of prior studying under my belt?
2) If 1 month isn't enough, would moving my MCAT to early July be too late? I am applying this cycle.
3) If any of you have been in my situation (studied and are retaking, studying for a month, etc), any tips and advice?

Thanks in advance.