MCAT study in 1 month (retaker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted803410

Hello everyone. I took my MCAT in late April and voided it because I went in with no sleep and I got sick, and I was 100% positive that the score would be poor and not what I studied for. I also knew I wasn't totally ready, and all those things that happened made it hard to really try my best. I am very happy I made that decision.

New MCAT date is June 17. After my first MCAT, I had to focus on all my finals. I could not study much during this time. However, now it's summer and I have a ton of time on my hands. No work, no summer classes, no outstanding commitments. I already know much of the content from my prior studying, and I just finished some classes relevant to the MCAT. I mostly wanted to do tons of practice and brushing up on my weaknesses; focus on 2-3 weaknesses per day. This is much more than what I could do during my school semester. I am thinking that perhaps 1 month of intensive study is going to benefit me more than the 5 months of super spread out study I was doing earlier. I have a few questions about this though.

1) Is 1 month enough time if I have plenty of prior studying under my belt?
2) If 1 month isn't enough, would moving my MCAT to early July be too late? I am applying this cycle.
3) If any of you have been in my situation (studied and are retaking, studying for a month, etc), any tips and advice?

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.