This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

optlifehopeful

Reaction score
Hey guys! I got off the waitlist at MCPHS and have an interview in a few weeks. I was wondering if anyone could describe their experience or provide any helpful tips! Thanks so much and good luck with everything!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, it was very laid back.
My interview was back in Feb.
It was about 10-12 students I think.
They divided us in groups of three.
Each group participated in all three parts of the process at different turns. The process consisted of three parts;

1-Writing an Essay: You were given three open ended questions and you could pick one and write a short essay about that topic.

2-Campus Tour: This is where our group of three was guided by a student who showed us all of their labs, their clinic on site, study areas and the dorms that are located right on the top floor of the building.

3-Actual Interview: This is when you get to have your actual interview. For me, it started with a brief conversation about who I am, why I chose Optometry etc etc. I also remember that the lady asked me to discuss some of the ethical issues that I believe Optometry might be facing today.

After all three parts of the interview were done, all 10 of the students were greeted by the current Dean (Dr Morris) who gave a 10-15 interesting presentation about himself, and the MCPHS Optometry program. He also discussed their current plans to improve board scores and the status of accreditation etc

After that, we were all presented with lunch boxes which consisted of whatever you picked at the time of registering for your interview online (Tuna or Chicken).

Overall, it was a great and pleasent day for me.
Just be yourself and have some background knowledge of why you chose this program and what you can bring to the field of optometry one day.

Good Luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey, it was very laid back.
My interview was back in Feb.
It was about 10-12 students I think.
They divided us in groups of three.
Each group participated in all three parts of the process at different turns. The process consisted of three parts;

1-Writing an Essay: You were given three open ended questions and you could pick one and write a short essay about that topic.

2-Campus Tour: This is where our group of three was guided by a student who showed us all of their labs, their clinic on site, study areas and the dorms that are located right on the top floor of the building.

3-Actual Interview: This is when you get to have your actual interview. For me, it started with a brief conversation about who I am, why I chose Optometry etc etc. I also remember that the lady asked me to discuss some of the ethical issues that I believe Optometry might be facing today.

After all three parts of the interview were done, all 10 of the students were greeted by the current Dean (Dr Morris) who gave a 10-15 interesting presentation about himself, and the MCPHS Optometry program. He also discussed their current plans to improve board scores and the status of accreditation etc

After that, we were all presented with lunch boxes which consisted of whatever you picked at the time of registering for your interview online (Tuna or Chicken).

Overall, it was a great and pleasent day for me.
Just be yourself and have some background knowledge of why you chose this program and what you can bring to the field of optometry one day.

Good Luck!

Thanks so much! Do you remember if the interview was open file or closed?

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m a current pharmacy student at Mcphs in Worcester. If any of you guys are looking for a place to live please contact me. We have an extra room Available this August that’s 5 mins from the campus. Rent if 430 + utilities.

Hey guys! I got off the waitlist at MCPHS and have an interview in a few weeks. I was wondering if anyone could describe their experience or provide any helpful tips! Thanks so much and good luck with everything!
How were you able to get off the waitlist for the interview? Was it because they were waiting for an update of your transcript thats why you were placed on the waitlist? Im currently on the waitlist for an interview....don't really know what that means though:bored:

How were you able to get off the waitlist for the interview? Was it because they were waiting for an update of your transcript thats why you were placed on the waitlist? Im currently on the waitlist for an interview....don't really know what that means though:bored:

I was waitlisted as well as many other people I've read on other posts. I wonder why?!

Also, to clarify, was it a GROUP interview? or Individual after the essay portion?

I’m a current pharmacy student at Mcphs in Worcester. If any of you guys are looking for a place to live please contact me. We have an extra room Available this August that’s 5 mins from the campus. Rent if 430 + utilities.

Hi PB&J! My name is Theresa and I’m applying for the optometry program at MCPHS. If this room is still available, I would love to know more about it. Is it a single or double? Where is it located?

Thank you!