MCW e mail

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lmnop

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else just recieve a rather cryptic e mail from mcw? I've been complete since the end of aug and the e mail says they are hoping to interview me soon...weird.

Members don't see this ad.

i recieved that too and i have no idea what to think....i mean, it says they want to interview me. and then that's it. no date, no instructions on how to choose a date. and it even says "we are hoping to get to your application in the near future." so have they even looked at my application? weird

lmnop said:
Did anyone else just recieve a rather cryptic e mail from mcw? I've been complete since the end of aug and the e mail says they are hoping to interview me soon...weird.

Yeah, I just recieved that too..It says basically they want to interview me but that they are going to interview based on how early the application was turned in? A rather vauge email I must say.

Members don't see this ad :)
lakersfan said:
Yeah, I just recieved that too..It says basically they want to interview me but that they are going to interview based on how early the application was turned in? A rather vauge email I must say.
Can't help you out with the email, but I know that MCW invites and accepts so many students early that they are forced to become very selective later in the cycle. They don't always get to interview applicants who may be deemed more qualified than those that they had already accepted in October. Thats just their system, a huge advantage to early applicants. I would take that as it read, they hope to invite you and like you a lot but they can't fit you into the next round of interview invites.

lakersfan said:

I got the same thing. Do you think it would be ok to call them, or would that be pushing it?

The email was very ambiguous. Is it a pre-interview hold? Maybe they are covering their tails just in case they don't offer us an interview. I'm happy it's not a rejection but at the same time I don't consider it a very welcoming invitation to interview. If anyone calls MCW to infer its meaning please let us know what they say.

i got the same thing. this is how i read it. we're on the list to be invited but we won't receive an invitation until it's our turn. let us know if anyone calls them.

Looks like there is a pretty big group of us the "qualified to be interviewed but waiting for a scheduled date" pool. It says on the email that if you have any questions feel free to call...

their admissions dept people are really friendly. just call them to see what's up. if nothing else, you'll be just as clueless post-phonecall as pre-phonecall. give it a go. anyway, from those of us already accepted to MCW, good luck and maybe i'll see you there next year. ;)

I called and got a message. "It is thursday 9am november 11 and MCW is closed due to a snow storm."

Anyways...I reread the email and this is what I think is going on. A batch of applicants are moved to the pile of "to be interviewed." Then after that, they sort through this pile and prioritize those to be interviewed first. When you get an invite will be based on your credential and completion date.

We should just be patient and wait until they send us an actual invitation. Hey...Let's take this as good news. At least MCW is interested in our applications :thumbup:

Yeah, I got the same e-mail. I think it's just telling us to hang tight, they want to meet us so bear with them. I think being so close to the holidays they'll pro'ly get to us no earlier than January. I'm okay with waiting but if anyone finds anything out I'd love to hear it!

It seems like they are screening us again. So I personally think they should not have sent out the e-mail and just did the screening without us knowing because if you're like me then you're dying to know now.

Also, maybe it would be helpful if people posted what day they were 2ndary was complete and who got the e-mail to see the date range they are considering. If its a big range then this e-mail might not mean too much, but if it is small then maybe the e-mail is a sign of good chance.

I'll start

MCW request for app.--->7/29
Complete------------------->8/7

MADSTAB said:
It seems like they are screening us again. So I personally think they should not have sent out the e-mail and just did the screening without us knowing because if you're like me then you're dying to know now.

Also, maybe it would be helpful if people posted what day they were 2ndary was complete and who got the e-mail to see the date range they are considering. If its a big range then this e-mail might not mean too much, but if it is small then maybe the e-mail is a sign of good chance.

I'll start

Complete 8/27

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup... I got it too... I thought it was pretty funny actually... :) My secondary was completed on 9/3, if that helps decipher anything... ;)

I received it too. My secondary was complete 9/12 if that helps anybody.

Jason

sdnstud said:
"It is thursday 9am november 11 and MCW is closed due to a snow storm."

Very funny, on your part or theirs.

MADSTAB said:

I'll start

Hey guys sorry I meant to put 9/7

I hope I did not freak anyone out!

i tried finding my complete email but i couldn't...i know that it was in early october

Mine was completed 10/19

Okay, so I was complete 11/9 no kidding. I think they are serious about we plan on interviewing you, but we don't want you calling and harassing us, so we are telling you, we just don't know when yet because there are alot of people. Then again they accept alot of people, so no worries.

mine was completed in late july....if there's a second round of screening, hopefully it won't take another 3 and a half months. i guess this is what i get for having crappy numbers.

I don't know the exact date but they had all of my materials in at the end of July. So my offical complete date is pro'ly end July/early August.

I got the same email and couldn't figure out what the heck they were talking about (they have my app...they want to interview me...they'll look further at my app... they look forward to receiving my app? :confused: ). Anyhow, I went ahead and called. The lady who answered was nice about it and said it was that I had in essence been moved to the interview pile, from which future interviews are taken, but no guarantees as far as actually getting an interview (which is kinda contradictory with their email).

got the same email. complete around 8/25. i thought they forgot about me!

they need to work on writing better emails. saying that they "would like to interview you" is kind of misleading when they haven't even decided whether or not you deserve an interview. i think a simple two word email saying "Keep waiting" would have been better - it would serve the purpose of letting us know they haven't forgotten about us.

I just checked my email cuz I was out of town for today. Do you guys think that they sent this to all the completed applicants or only the ones they think are qualified.

It seems as if we have moved onto the next stage in the process, but not really since they're going to "probably" give us an interview according to our academic credentials. So this part of the email gave me the impression that this email was sent to all the completed applicants because they still need to screen us again.

Any further thoughts on this??

And, to those of you who are already accepted or have received an ACTUAL invitation to MCW, did you get an email like this before they invited you for an interview?

CA med app said:
And, to those of you who are already accepted or have received an ACTUAL invitation to MCW, did you get an email like this before they invited you for an interview?

nope. i got no such email prior to my interview invite. like someone else suggested earlier, i would assume that the email to you all was to state that they feel you are qualified to be interview (and therefor accepted) but they already have filled their interview slots for the forseeable future. so they want you to keep waiting and would like to interview you but its a matter of timing and space and whether or not the class will still be open when you do interview...either way, good luck to ya all.

CA med app said:

I was complete at the end of July and the first correspondence of any sort I received was an invite last week. They were filling their Dec 3rd and Jan 7th interview dates if that helps anyone.

When is the last date they interview?

I completed my file on 11/2, and got the email on 11/11.

I got the same email......complete 10/4

Would any of you mind sharing stats? I'm 3.9 science and non-science, 29 MCAT......did we just get this email because we are a little late in the game?

Uh oh!! Mine was completed at the end of october and I haven't recieved that email. That can't be a good sign

JelicMD said:
Uh oh!! Mine was completed at the end of october and I haven't recieved that email. That can't be a good sign

Me too. My application was complete on 10/25 and I didn't recieve that email. Crap.

Hey Guys,

I also received this e-mail but I'm going to be declining my interview with MCW so that will mean one extra spot for those out there waiting!

Good Luck, ;)

crazygal said:
I got the same email......complete 10/4

Would any of you mind sharing stats? I'm 3.9 science and non-science, 29 MCAT......did we just get this email because we are a little late in the game?

That would be my guess. I have a 27 and 3.8 and have an interview next month
Good luck

I don't think that it's because of when you were complete. . .I was complete at the end of Aug. and I just got the email. I think they take state residents first and then sort through the rest of the files.

neuronerd said:
I don't think that it's because of when you were complete. . .I was complete at the end of Aug. and I just got the email. I think they take state residents first and then sort through the rest of the files.

Yeah but the e-mail says we will invite you based on date of completion and credentials.

I'm instate and I got the email too. I was complete on 10-22, which sucks cuz it was only because of my slow committee LOR. The way I read the email is that I'm qualified for an interview, but they have to prioritize within that pile of apps.

By the way, if it helps anyone: WI resident, 3.77 gpa, 3.67 BCPM (I think), 29 MCAT.

i got that too - and i thought it would be my 1st interview :-(
im out of state
probably was complete like beginning of nov

my stats :-( 3.8GPA and 29mcat

weird though cuz my fiance didnt get anything and we did everything the exact same time and day (app + sendling lor), so they should have received ours the same day

his stats: 3.6GPA and 32mcat

hey, if anyone from this group gets an actual interview invite, post it on here to let the rest of us know that this "I want to interview" pile is actually moving along, and it's not some hold BS. I'd appreciate it, and I bet some others might too! Thanks. ;)

Does anyone else feel that this is a bunch of crap? They really made that email sound like we had interviews, I thought...and seriously, what other school completely fills their class (or even their interview spots) before receiving August MCAT scores? It seems like we're all in the 3.8 GPA/ 30 MCAT range, which isn't shockingly amazing, but is definitely competitive at most places...
Without seeing the campus first, I can't honestly say this school was my first choice, but I liked it well enough to apply (and I only applied to six schools).

Long story short, I am angry with this school (in case you couldn't tell).
Almost makes me want to turn it down even if I do eventually get an invite.

Sorry for the rant. I'm sure they provide a quality education. However, their admissions committee seriously needs to work on its correspondence skills.

I got the email and then I was rejected via snail mail almost two months later.

I can't figure this wacky process out.

I got this email as well. Wanted to let you all know that I have just withdrawn my application...hopefully as others do this, it will free up interview slots for those of you who really want to go.

:luck:

lmnop said:
:laugh: I talked to the director of admissions yesterday, and he said in the 2-3 days following that e-mail, they got over 1000 calls/e-mails after sending it to 1800 people. Right now, they're booked with interviews until January, the last of those being people who completed by no later than August 18th.

TheProwler said:
:laugh: I talked to the director of admissions yesterday, and he said in the 2-3 days following that e-mail, they got over 1000 calls/e-mails after sending it to 1800 people. Right now, they're booked with interviews until January, the last of those being people who completed by no later than August 18th.

you''re kidding about the 1800. that's not what I was told.

derf said:
you''re kidding about the 1800. that's not what I was told.
He said to my face that last Friday morning (11am CST, I think) he sent out an e-mail to 1800 students.

TheProwler said:
He said to my face that last Friday morning (11am CST, I think) he sent out an e-mail to 1800 students.
Ouch, being that they only interview ~700 applicants per year that doesn't bode well for email recipients, also that I believe the class is "filled" usually by Jan/Feb.

Best thing about MCW in my opinion is the Director of Admissions. Very cool and nice.

TheProwler said:

The only thing that I question is the completion date, is that possibly AMCAS completion date? I didn't receive the email, but did interview in October. While my AMCAS was verified in July, my MCW file was not "complete" until the very end of August.

I was told by a ADCOM member that if you where not in the interview cycles before January that you where essentially applying to get on the waiting list. It looks like we might be out of luck. Also, make sure that you check the online status of your application to see if it is really complete. I found that my application was in but my file was still incomplete. I called the school and they took care of it right away.

YzIa said:
Ouch, being that they only interview ~700 applicants per year that doesn't bode well for email recipients, also that I believe the class is "filled" usually by Jan/Feb.

Best thing about MCW in my opinion is the Director of Admissions. Very cool and nice.

Definitley... Mike Itswan is a G

uuggg. This is really crappy news. Sucks that I'm a WI resident with decent stats and might not get an interview because my committee letter didn't go out until late october. (everything was done in early sept) :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: