MD Chances: 3.45c 3.19s MCAT 515

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AntsInMyEyes_Johnson

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Beggars can't be choosy.

I suggest:
Case
Duke
Mayo
BU
Albany
Drexel
Gtown
GWU
NYMC
Rosy Franklin
Tulane
U Miami
Dartmouth
Your state school
Any DO school.

Hi All,

I was hoping to get a good idea of where I should apply based on my stats.

Major: Psychology
Minor: Chemistry
Cumulative GPA: 3.45 (Strong Upward Trend)
Science GPA: 3.19 (Strong Upward Trend)
Transfer Student (Reason for Low GPA)
MCAT: 515
6 months of Research with a Working Memory/Attention Lab (Name on Poster)
1 & 1/2 years of Research with a TBI Lab (First Author on 1 Pub, and Author on 1 other Pub, both currently 'In Prep')
^ should be 'In Review' by 'Interview Time' [probably wont be Published by then, but a man can dream, right?]
1 winter session of Shadowing a Pediatric Neurosurgeon
1 & 1/2 years as a President/Founder of an Organization that's all about Neuroscience
I know I can get 4 Strong LoRs from Professors/a Research Scientist/a Department Head
I did some Volunteer Work/Research in High School, At a local Hospital and at well-known Research Institute, respectively, but I don't know if I should include that in my Application?

Overall, I just want to know where I should consider applying. I would prefer not to apply/go to any DO schools or Caribbean Schools (based on the whole MD>DO>Caribbean thing), but if all hope is truly lost, I am not opposed to the idea.

Thank you

Only my 1 Winter Session (basically 1 month) of shadowing the Pediatric Neurosurgeon during my Sophomore Year, and I'm in NJ
You should accumulate 100 hours of clinical volunteering before applying. When you apply consider all of these schools:
Your 3 NJ state schools
Seton Hall (if they open for 2018)
Quinnipiac
Vermont
Albany
New York Medical College
Penn State
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
GW
Georgetown
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Medical College Wisconsin
Creighton
Tulane
Also apply to at least 6 DO schools and include Rowan. You may need a DO LOR for some schools.