MD/DO School List Help (3.84 cGPA/507 MCAT)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

it2dr

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Race: White (Male)

cGPA: 3.84 / sGPA: 3.79

MCAT: 507 (127/126/126/128) <-- took in 2017, retaking June 5, 2020

State: TX

Undergrad: UT Austin

Major: B.A. Geology

Research Experience: 2200+ hours

Clinical Experience: 800 hours in an underserved clinic

Shadowing Experience: 60 hours at a hospital in internal medicine, 60 hours in a family medicine clinic

Clinical Volunteering: 250 hours providing hospice care

I applied while still in undergrad for the 2018 entering class and received 3 II's, but was not accepted. After I graduated, I ended up working for a top management consulting firm for almost 2 years. I recently left that job to study for the MCAT and commit 100% of my time to applications.

I am applying to all of the Texas schools, but I need help with the out of state MD and DO school list (based on my current MCAT score, hopefully the new one is higher!) I am not shooting for any "top-tier" schools, I just want a good education and to become a family medicine doctor.
 
You could try these AMCAS schools:
TCU-UNT
Oakland Beaumont
NOVA MD
Seton Hall
Quinnipiac
Tulane
Loma Linda (if you fit their mission)
You are competitive for all DO schools. Include your Texas schools: TCOM, UIWSOM and Sam Houston State.