MDapplicant.com profiles = bragging

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm just posting in this thread so people have a chance to look at my sterling numbers.

Please click on the link below. Thank you.

|
|
|
|
V

Members don't see this ad.

principessa said:
What are you talking about? People with her stats can afford to take these kinds of chances. Although not applying to her state school is gutsy, I would have been fine not applying to my state school and so would a lot of other people. She doesn't have to waste her time and money applying to places she doesn't want to attend, and she doesn't need you to tell her she's making a mistake.

Relax, he's just giving her an advice. His advice is the one your premed advisor would give. ;) Btw, I wish a good luck to everyone here. :)

MabdulD said:
I'm just posting in this thread so people have a chance to look at my sterling numbers.

|
|
|
|
V

Man that sucks. What happened???

Good luck the next time around :luck:

Treg

Members don't see this ad :)
Treg said:
Man that sucks. What happened???

Good luck the next time around :luck:

Treg

I give you props for your amazing improvement. I wish you the best. :thumbup:

principessa said:
For those who feel bad looking at someone else's mdapplicant profile or seeing someone get a secondary or interview invite that you don't get - you're just going to have to get used to it. Starting in October there will be threads popping up for people who have been accepted at schools that you have not been accepted at. We all have to learn to deal with disappointment because it is a fact of life for every single one of us, from the 3.0, 25's to the 4.0, 42's. There will always be someone doing better than you, and the sooner you get used to that idea, the happier you'll be in the long run.

That's true that it is life and people have to accept it...but remember, this is a first time thing for some people and it's something that will be discouraging at first to see interview invites and acceptances whether it's a fact of life or not. Just be a little compassionate about the anxious pre-meds who are just wanting to get in. It's alright for us to be a little nervous and to express our fears and then accept it whether we get the interview invite/acceptance or not. Isn't that what SDN is all about?

Unfortunately, I'm applying only to Texas schools and I won't find out until Feb 1, 2005 at 12:01 a.m. It's going to be hard seeing everybody excited and waiting for that day....makes me think I should have applied out of state. Oh well! Good luck to all and I hope we all get some kind of good news no matter when it comes!

Jessica :)

MabdulD said:

|
|
|
|
V

How the hell did you manage to not get in...no offense, but you must have the personality of a rock, or something was up.

10minutes said:
I give you props for your amazing improvement. I wish you the best. :thumbup:

Thanks--I suffered for nearly three months and was rewarded :)

Treg

OK that is tooo funny :laugh:

Originally Posted by tgerwuds
I gave in.
welcome to the dark side, please stay a while... :smuggrin:

tgerwuds said:
I gave in.

Dang, the way you were going on I thought yours stats would be 3.2/24 or something, not 3.9/33....

DrThom said:
Dang, the way you were going on I thought yours stats would be 3.2/24 or something, not 3.9/33....

No kidding...christ, I am still worst on here.

Originally Posted by adamj61
awww, don't worry about it. being the worst on SDN is like being the poorest millionaire on the block--does it really matter?? :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Superdevil-

You have a 4.0 BCPM and a 3.97 overall-which class did you in if it wasn't a science one? Just curious

(see, aren't these things useful???) :laugh:

Treg

Originally Posted by Treg
Hey Superdevil-

You have a 4.0 BCPM and a 3.97 overall-which class did you in if it wasn't a science one? Just curious
hahaha...yeah, i actually *attend* my science classes! :laugh:

i got a B in my "comparative non-western religions" class (SNOOZE).

aren't those profiles a blast! :thumbup: :D

adamj61 said:

Obviously you haven't seen my link....LOL! :) I had a bad day I guess, but the best I could get on practice test was in the low 30s anyway. Oh well, I'll still hope for the best this year...it's not like I'm applying to Ivy Leagues.

:)
Jessica

Wow, you guys all have such stellar ECs... I feel really defective in comparison. :( I have a few, but they're not rip-roaring or anything...

superdevil said:
hahaha...yeah, i actually *attend* my science classes! :laugh:

i got a B in my "comparative non-western religions" class (SNOOZE).

aren't those profiles a blast! :thumbup: :D

That's funny :)

I bet you will get asked about once or twice this interview season, just wait!

:D
Treg

I gave in to peer pressure.

Dude, I bet you have the best MCAT score in Pittsburgh!

I've browsed that site, and it's amazing what some of those guys accomplished. Gives something for a pre-med to aim for, I guess.

Treg said:
That's funny :)

I bet you will get asked about once or twice this interview season, just wait!

:D
Treg

In reference to "Treg":

With an MCAT score like that and a petty doctorate degree, I would just hope for some DO schools. Sorry, maybe dental school?? Or, how about PA school?? Just keep your hopes up!!

I guess I would jump off a cliff if everyone else did.

slackerjock said:
3.84 IVY (4.00 scale)
35: 10v 13p 12b (45)

ECs mostly boring, but could possibly spin them in an intersting way.
2nd author in Nature article, 1st author in another obscure one.

What is IVY??

SFAJess said:
Obviously you haven't seen my link....LOL! :) I had a bad day I guess, but the best I could get on practice test was in the low 30s anyway. Oh well, I'll still hope for the best this year...it's not like I'm applying to Ivy Leagues.

:)
Jessica

You are going to get in to texas...that score is still competitive with good ec's

tgerwuds said:
In reference to "Treg":

With an MCAT score like that and a petty doctorate degree, I would just hope for some DO schools. Sorry, maybe dental school?? Or, how about PA school?? Just keep your hopes up!!

Hey, if you are interested in getting a PhD, they sell them at a few places online for pretty cheap. I just clicked one of those links in I got in email, filled out an online form, and poof I had a PhD just like that. You can too!

:cool:

Treg

IndyZX said:
You can say what you want, but it has helped me on numerous occasions as an organizational tool, though I didn't say that was the only reason i use it. Also, I think we have established that some anonymous strangers do care. Try reading through the thread, and please read through all my previous posts if you wish. See if you can find any evidence of me being a braggart, who uses SDN to give himself an ego boost.

And to your last point insisting that my consideration has been false: Well, people with high stats are applicants, too, and I believe that it will prove to be helpful in the future to them. I'm guessing that the group doesn't include you, but I'm really not here to appeal to you.

If you look to the older MDA profiles, you'll see that there are very, very few profiles of high stats applicants from UT who applied to out-of-state schools. I really didn't know what to expect. I hope I can help someone with what I've gone through.

In my book it is still bragging :rolleyes: but yea good luck to you anyway. I also just graduated from UT. And I know plenty of my friends who got in out of state. I don't think you should worry about it.

haha...."I'm guessing that the group doesn't include you"...geez again proving my point. No one cares about stats once you actually get into med school so perhaps I am in your group and perhaps not. And how is it helpful to others? Everyone knows if you get high stats you are in...!! Regardless that type of arrogant attitude annoys me.

Dont criticize me. I worked my ass off for a decade getting good stats. I earned it.

bump bump. this thread is just funny.

Treg said:
Hey, if you are interested in getting a PhD, they sell them at a few places online for pretty cheap. I just clicked one of those links in I got in email, filled out an online form, and poof I had a PhD just like that. You can too!

:cool:

Treg

Interesting [rubbing my non-existen beard]...

I think you will be one of the few MD/PhD's to do it the "hardcore" way.

why are peoples stats on this site so re-damn-diculous?

SpiderBill said:
why are peoples stats on this site so re-damn-diculous?

cuz those are the only people comfortable with saying their stats... and that causes avg people like me to get intimidated

tgerwuds said:
Interesting [rubbing my non-existen beard]...

I think you will be one of the few MD/PhD's to do it the "hardcore" way.

Yes, some people call me a glutton for punishment.

:laugh:

Treg

I have joined the dark side.

hey blz,

your profile says you're applying for fall 2006? are you applying this year and then seeking a defferal?

superdevil said:
hey blz,

your profile says you're applying for fall 2006? are you applying this year and then seeking a defferal?

LOL oops. im applying for 2005

FIXED.

human beings are born to show off. It is in our blood.

What is the point of good looking, if you can not show off?

What is the point of being rich, if you can not show off?

What is the point of attending Harvard or Yale, if you can not show off?

What is the point of getting 40 on the MCAT, 3.8+ gpa and get into top ten medical schools, if you can not show off?

We all do it.

Originally Posted by hy2026
What is the point of good looking, if you can not show off?
that sounds like something from Zoolander :laugh:

superdevil said:
that sounds like something from Zoolander :laugh:

Well, I did take my MCAT prep course at the Derek Zoolander Center for Kids Who Can't Read So Good