bananabeauxt
Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I am trying to finalize my list of Med Schools before applying. I think particularly I am looking to add some mid-tier med schools to swap out some of the t20 research ones because I haven't done much research. But any sort of advice would be helpful! I am taking a gap year where I am in the midst of trying to get research, and also hopefully some more volunteering and shadowing.
- cGPA: 3.93 and sGPA:3.93
- MCAT: 521, (Chem/Phys, CARS and Psych Soc - 130. Bio - 131)
- State of residence: North Carolina
- Orm: South Asian
- Clinical and shadowing experience: Shadowing - 160+ hours - & Hospital internship w/ patient interaction another 160 hrs
- Research experience: Lab Assistant for 1 year, my SI will be writing me a LoR (about 250 hrs)
- Non-Clincial Volunteering: 130 hrs
- Other extracurricular activities: TA for 2 biology Classes - 200 hrs
I initiated a diversity push in my pre-med organization - leading to mandated implicit bias training and other recruitment changes
Part of my local TEDx conference organizing children for 3 years - I am a low-income student who supported themselves with a Job through college as well
| Georgetown |
| ECU |
| Tufts |
| Wake |
| Keck |
| UNC |
| Boston |
| Hofstra |
| Ucolorado |
| Einstein |
| Dartmouth |
| Emory |
| UVA |
| Ohio State |
| Maimi |
| Rochester |
| Sinai |
| Duke |
| Cornell |
| Northwestern |
| Uchicago |
| Upenn |
| Columbia |
| Wash U |
| NYU |