Medical Device Reps vs med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedicineMike

MS4
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been a long time lurker on this board and have learned quite a bit. I've done a search and have a question for the residents/attendings etc.

Knowing what you know now, if you were a 26 year old non-trad with a choice between med school and medical device sales, which route would you take?

I know med device sales can be pretty lucrative and a very good job opportunity. It gets you in the OR working with physicians with the latest surgical equipment etc. Would you want ~150-200k in debt and not make money for until you were 34, or work in medical sales and make a decent living?

Members don't see this ad.

It's not a question of money, but of passion. Passion could more readily be defined as the motivation that wakes you every morning and helps you look forward to a new day.

Do what you enjoy more.

Are you asking whether I'd choose to be a sales rep compared to a physician?

I made that decision before I applied to medical school. Sales reps make a little bit of money, but they are at the beck and call of people they are trying to sell things to. And if their company isn't doing well...they are out of a job.

No thanks. Sales is for some people. I'm not one of them, but I do make a good doctor.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you asking whether I'd choose to be a sales rep compared to a physician?

I made that decision before I applied to medical school. Sales reps make a little bit of money, but they are at the beck and call of people they are trying to sell things to. And if their company isn't doing well...they are out of a job.

No thanks. Sales is for some people. I'm not one of them, but I do make a good doctor.

Im saying if you were 26 and had an option, would you forgo 8 years of your youth to pursue medicine, or have a lucrative career in which you get to enjoy your young years?

Im saying if you were 26 and had an option, would you forgo 8 years of your youth to pursue medicine, or have a lucrative career in which you get to enjoy your young years?

I'm saying that is similar to choosing between going to law school or going to medical school (or getting an MBA). Very different professions with almost nothing in common other than perhaps the location in which they are working.

People that become anesthesiologists generally don't debate becoming a sales rep. Their career choice is being an ER doc or a surgeon or whatever else floats their boat.

And I wouldn't call being a sales rep a "lucrative career". It has the potential for having a decent paycheck, but not that big.

Reactions: 1 users
And I wouldn't call being a sales rep a "lucrative career". It has the potential for having a decent paycheck, but not that big.
I hate to break this to you, but many device salesmen are making more than the surgeons using the equipment. In fact, most the device reps I know start at 250, and go up from there based on sales. I know quite a few making around 500. They work hard though. They are on the road mon-friday, they show up early for surgery. They are the surgeons beeotches. but they make bank. and its a lot easier than making money in medicine.

What can I say, some people are better-suited for being a sales rep than others... :D

businessexy2.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Please don't take this the wrong way, but when all is said and done, if you have to ask this question, then the better answer is for you to pursue the career in medical device sales for many reasons.

I doubt "many" are even breaking 150. Maybe the small subset of friends you know are doing this well, but they are the MINORITY and are probably less than 5% of all salesmen.

Majority of people go into medicine for money (even if they dont admit it) and are now pissed their future earning potential doesnt look so great. However, its still one of the few professions that offers a nearly guaranteed >150k salary if you are willing to relocate. You will always have a job unless you are a huge douche.

SDN is great!! Its the only website where every profession from plumbers to the guy that mows my grass makes more than physicians. Why, bc some random guy just like me says so.

To the guy who posted this thread, SDN is the last place I would ask for any type of advice. Go ask as many 50 year old dudes who are device salesmen what they think.

I hate to break this to you, but many device salesmen are making more than the surgeons using the equipment. In fact, most the device reps I know start at 250, and go up from there based on sales. I know quite a few making around 500. They work hard though. They are on the road mon-friday, they show up early for surgery. They are the surgeons beeotches. but they make bank. and its a lot easier than making money in medicine.

Reactions: 1 user
Yep. Sorry to brake the news for you. Medicine is not for you.

Through and through, balls to bones. That's how you know, my friend.

Most sales reps earn a good paycheck, but it's not as cush/lucrative as the OP makes it seem like. You travel all the time, always on the go and when you get to where you're suppose to go, you just stand over in the corner of the OR and play on the phone for a few hours for 1, maybe 2 ?'s...sometimes none.

If you get married and have kids, good luck explaining to the fam why you're always on the road. Most of my friends who have had sales rep jobs (pharmaceuticals, medical devices, ortho sales, etc) have all quit b/c it got old, real fast. If they lasted long, they were all downsized or have changed jobs every 1 to 2 years.

Medicine and sales...2 different ballgames.

CJ

this is exactly what i like to hear! Ive been 100% pro medicine since I started and already applied June 1st. I had one of those weird weekends (1st one in over so far in my journey) where I wondered if I was doing the right thing. A buddy of mine offered me a reference if I was looking into it, which is where all of this came from. However, I like to see how most physicians would rather be in medicine vs any other career.

It is only natural for me to have one of these mental breakdowns thinking about the next 8 years of my "youth" thrown out the window. This is good motivation to keep my eye on the prize though

It is only natural for me to have one of these mental breakdowns thinking about the next 8 years of my "youth" thrown out the window. This is good motivation to keep my eye on the prize though

I've never understood this mentality. I have probably had more fun in med school than undergrad...well, almost....

Basic sciences were tough, but rewarding. 3rd year was a handful, but I still found time to work out and spend time with friends.

Once you start working as an attending, it will be more like real work...whereas school is more flexible and variable. If anything, the daily grind of a job is throwing out people's youth.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've never understood this mentality. I have probably had more fun in med school than undergrad...well, almost....

Basic sciences were tough, but rewarding. 3rd year was a handful, but I still found time to work out and spend time with friends.

Once you start working as an attending, it will be more like real work...whereas school is more flexible and variable. If anything, the daily grind of a job is throwing out people's youth.

Well, I think as a non-trad at 26 going to med school, vs. a regular student at 22 going, it is a little different. All of my friends from undergrad live in different places and work and make money and have time to play on nights and wknds. It's hard to stay focused...

Well, I think as a non-trad at 26 going to med school, vs. a regular student at 22 going, it is a little different. All of my friends from undergrad live in different places and work and make money and have time to play on nights and wknds. It's hard to stay focused...

Med school is about delayed gratification. If you want to buy a house, a nice car, or a fancy watch in the next 5 years or if you want to be able to spend significant amounts of time in fancy clubs, med school's probably not for you.

However, if you manage your time well, you'll still have time for a social life in med school. But it will be a budget-conscious social life.

Things like a house, car, and nicer watch become more doable in residency. Social time becomes more limited as your hours are dictated to you.

I love medicine. Yes there are bad parts about it, but there are bad parts for every job out there.

I find medicine to be noble, fun, and intellectually stimulating. Would I do it all over again? Absolutely.

This whole business about how your 'youth' is gone, is a bunch of nonsense. You can still socialize, as long as you are responsible and can manage your time.

5 years ago I knew a 30 year old real estate agent making $30,000/month.

Today she is "reinventing" herself in a new career, not making $30,000/month.

I like this. I guess the grass is always greener. At my age though, it is easy to get caught up. Do I want to go to clubs and do that whole scene? NO! Do I want to have a weekend get-away in the hamptons with 15 of my closest friends? Yes.

The aforementioned is just an example, but I like how most of the responses are on this thread. Keeps me my eye on the prize.

I like this. I guess the grass is always greener. At my age though, it is easy to get caught up. Do I want to go to clubs and do that whole scene? NO! Do I want to have a weekend get-away in the hamptons with 15 of my closest friends? Yes.

The aforementioned is just an example, but I like how most of the responses are on this thread. Keeps me my eye on the prize.

At your age? You are 26. I had multiple medical school classmates in their mid 40s. Almost 1/3 of my medical school class was > 5 years out from college when they started.

Regarding a weekend in the Hamptons, it really depends on 2 things. 1) Do you want to stay in the swankest place there or are you willing to chill at a slightly cheaper place? 2) Are you wanting to go at the drop of a hat, or are you talking about planning something out a month or two in advance?

If you're willing to stay at a cheaper place and you're willing to plan ahead, a weekend isn't really all that tough to swing, even in med school. And as for (2), a lot of jobs (including a med device salesman) may book you on the weekends as well, so it's not like you could do it then either.

At your age? You are 26. I had multiple medical school classmates in their mid 40s. Almost 1/3 of my medical school class was > 5 years out from college when they started.

Please name your MED SCHOOL! Or PM me tout de suite! I'd like to add it to my school list. Would be nice not to be the oldest in my class at 37... : )

D712

Regarding a weekend in the Hamptons, it really depends on 2 things. 1) Do you want to stay in the swankest place there or are you willing to chill at a slightly cheaper place? 2) Are you wanting to go at the drop of a hat, or are you talking about planning something out a month or two in advance?

If you're willing to stay at a cheaper place and you're willing to plan ahead, a weekend isn't really all that tough to swing, even in med school. And as for (2), a lot of jobs (including a med device salesman) may book you on the weekends as well, so it's not like you could do it then either.

What about during residency?

Please name your MED SCHOOL! Or PM me tout de suite! I'd like to add it to my school list. Would be nice not to be the oldest in my class at 37... : )

D712

D -

Not sure how far you're willing to move, but you would have barely broken the "Top 10 Oldest" in my class at Stony Brook in Long Island NY. VERY non-trad friendly.

dc

I don't know why you think that being 26 is really "non traditional"? You're going to be about 4 years older than 3/4 the class, around the same age as the other quarter and younger than the handful real "non traditional" students that will be in their mid to late 30's after spending many years in another career (military, device sales, engineering, research, etc). Taking a few years off before school to work, try another career, travel, party, etc is very common. You are very much a traditional medical student entering at 26 vs 22. I partied in medical school nearly as hard as in undergrad, and I was no slouch there either! Work hard and, most importantly, efficiently and you will have all the time in the world for extra curricular activities. :thumbup: You won't have the $$ that your working stiff buddies have unless you had a great job for the last few years and saved up. If you can live with the delayed gratification, you'll be fine. When you're done, celebrate with an M3 and the knowledge that you have one of the most secure jobs in the world. I took a couple years off to travel and to get involved with a new start up company. I'm glad I got out when I did to pursue medicine.

What about during residency?

Well, money-wise, residents usually start in the low 40's and finish (depending on residency length) in the upper 40's. I think fellows make in the low 50's. (Residents or attendings: call me out if I'm off base here.) So, in terms of swank places, residents probably don't earn enough to rent out that 8-bedroom castle by the beach, unless they're doing it with a good number of other folks.

Time-wise, you're even more limited as a resident. In med school, certain rotations will push you to your 80 hours (or break it since there are no rules against students working more than 80 hours [not like residents don't break it occasionally as well]). But in general, med school doesn't keep you consistently close to working 80 hrs./wk. (From my talking with plenty of med students.)

So, yeah, don't expect to be able to take any given weekend off. Again, you can probably plan ahead and take vacation, or perhaps on a Friday you can take a weekend away when you know you'll be off. But the blanket statement, "I want every weekend off in case I want to do something." is unrealistic in medicine. And kinda unrealistic in any real job as well.

I think this would be a scary time to be >40, starting med school, staring down the barrel of $200K+ in loans and perhaps 10 years of full-time practice (and probably NOT in a high-paying specialty ... 'old' nontrads tend to self-select out of those residencies) before age really starts to slow you down.

I don't doubt that a lot of the reps do very well however I find it very hard to believe that many start out at 250K and then making over half a million dollars a year. I find it surprising that these reps are flat out telling you what they are making every year. My personal opinion is that whatever numbers they are giving you are wholly unsubstantiated.

You are a beeotch as you stated and have to kiss a lot of butt.

So they work M-F and show up early - what is so hard about this???:cool:

It does not matter how old you are.
Some people are not salesmen. Some are not doctors.
That's it.

D -

Not sure how far you're willing to move, but you would have barely broken the "Top 10 Oldest" in my class at Stony Brook in Long Island NY. VERY non-trad friendly.

dc

Thanks BigDan,

Stony Brook would be a move back "home", I spent my first five years of life there. I have good memories of the area. I also had a brief interaction with Dr. Gallagher (who I think has a creative writer hiding inside of him) so maybe I'll add it to list! I'm a Florida app, so, we'll see. All. I. Need. Is. ONE

Thanks!
D712

I think this would be a scary time to be >40, starting med school, staring down the barrel of $200K+ in loans and perhaps 10 years of full-time practice (and probably NOT in a high-paying specialty ... 'old' nontrads tend to self-select out of those residencies) before age really starts to slow you down.

why do you think this is?

Was teaching an MS3 past two weeks. He's 39. He'll be 44 when he's done with anesthesia residency. Still got at least a good 20+ years of work in him after finishing.

Like others have said, you are far from old and non-trad.

Non-traditional was the woman in my class who went to medical school after her son and daughter-in-law finished medical school.

why do you think this is?

Those residencies are
  • longer ... a few years making $50K instead of $150K+, and watching interest pile up on student loans matters if you're older, have kids, etc.
  • more physically demanding, both hours and intensity. 45 isn't "too old" to be a surgery resident but you'll pay a far higher price for the privilege than a 28 year old.
  • often biased against older applicants, even if they say they're not.

Surfer is 100% spot on.

I shadow a doctor who is really honest with me. He told me sales reps make more than spinal surgeons (i was watching in spine surgery). I called BS, he took me to another room and introduced me to another doc and asked him the same question and he answered the same right away. @ another hospital everyone was telling me not to go into medicine and to be a rep for pace makers and stents instead haha. Think about it, a stent costs ~20,000. I saw a procedure where they put in 5! Great day for the reps...they are on commission. I have spoken to some sales reps myself since

Last edited:
Surfer is 100% spot on.

I shadow a doctor who is really honest with me. He told me sales reps make more than spinal surgeons (i was watching in spine surgery). I called BS, he took me to another room and introduced me to another doc and asked him the same question and he answered the same right away. @ another hospital everyone was telling me not to go into medicine and to be a rep for pace makers and stents instead haha. Think about it, a stent costs ~20,000. I saw a procedure where they put in 5! Great day for the reps...they are on commission. I have spoken to some sales reps myself since
I don't think that you have any idea how much a good PP spine surgeon can make. Think Ferrari.

I don't think that you have any idea how much a good PP spine surgeon can make. Think Ferrari.
you are both right. in fact i know a spine surgeon with a ferrari. but reps do very very well. the reps that i know personally all do better than most physicians.

If I can make 7 figures without performing sexual acts on the surgeons or selling them recreational drugs on the side, I'll be the first to say that I went into the wrong field. I am a very good friend of a medical device regional sales manager who's products cost >$30,000 each. They are also the clear market leader in the field. He is paid on commission, in part. I absolutely, positively, unquestionably make more than he does, and his job and income is at risk if the numbers go down. Surgeon or 2 move away one year, that's his problem, no sales quota no bonus. It doesn't get adjusted down. I know that because I am a stockholder and get the annual report. The salaries of all the top paid employees are in there. The only ones making more than me, stock options included, are the executive team, and most of them are not making that much more.
Maybe some ortho pimps are ballers. Good for them. I would rather clean pools and smoke up than use a laser pointer to show the circulator which screw to get next in the new set.:laugh:

If I can make 7 figures without performing sexual acts on the surgeons or selling them recreational drugs on the side, I'll be the first to say that I went into the wrong field. I am a very good friend of a medical device regional sales manager who's products cost >$30,000 each. They are also the clear market leader in the field. He is paid on commission, in part. I absolutely, positively, unquestionably make more than he does, and his job and income is at risk if the numbers go down. Surgeon or 2 move away one year, that's his problem, no sales quota no bonus. It doesn't get adjusted down. I know that because I am a stockholder and get the annual report. The salaries of all the top paid employees are in there. The only ones making more than me, stock options included, are the executive team, and most of them are not making that much more.
Maybe some ortho pimps are ballers. Good for them. I would rather clean pools and smoke up than use a laser pointer to show the circulator which screw to get next in the new set.:laugh:

That's the major rub with sales. You're VERY much reliant (unless you literally have the market cornered which never lasts long these days) on other people. Sure, this could be said of any profession (we all answer to someone), but for sure some more than others. And sales is such a field.

cf

That's the major rub with sales. You're VERY much reliant (unless you literally have the market cornered which never lasts long these days) on other people. Sure, this could be said of any profession (we all answer to someone), but for sure some more than others. And sales is such a field.

cf

It's funny - our jobs are undeniably stressful. But I think I would absolutely crack under the different kind of stress device reps live with, utterly dependent upon others' purchasing and operating habits, at risk to whatever some competing company's hottie-of-the-week throws in to sweeten their deal ... all the while knowing that my bank is going to want that mortgage payment whether or not I make my quota.

I have been a long time lurker on this board and have learned quite a bit. I've done a search and have a question for the residents/attendings etc.

Knowing what you know now, if you were a 26 year old non-trad with a choice between med school and medical device sales, which route would you take?

I know med device sales can be pretty lucrative and a very good job opportunity. It gets you in the OR working with physicians with the latest surgical equipment etc. Would you want ~150-200k in debt and not make money for until you were 34, or work in medical sales and make a decent living?

Financially, I think the sales rep route will be close to (if not above) the Medical route, taking the debt and delayed success into account if you choose Medicine. Have you been offered a job as a medical sales rep? They're very competitive.

These jobs are night and day different. If you like selling things and do it well, you should probably stay in sales. Remember, you may think you love Medicine, but there is no way to tell at this stage. There is no way to tell until your 3rd year of Med School at the soonest.

Sales is a much safer choice than Medicine. Once you have some sales experience under your belt, you'll probably have reasonable employment prospects even if you get canned.

If you like Sales now, ask yourself if you can see yourself doing it for a long time. One problem with sales is that, although it pays well, it doesn't position people well for work outside the sales/marketing fields.

I can't emphasize enough that what you think of Medicine now (how much you'll love or hate being a Physician) literally means nothing. You may hate it now and turn out loving or the reverse. Just keep that in mind. What I mean by that is, if you enter the Medical field, you're entering it on the assumption that you'll enjoy being a Physician (and make a good one). There's nothing you can really do to make it a more safe bet.

I think there is a lot of misinformation being propagated here.

stents don't cost $20K.

pacer/aicds don't cost $25K.

I think the OP is not ready for the practicing of medicine. Money is not a the deciding factor. I think you should go and sell some total joints. That is your calling in life.

Those residencies are
  • longer ... a few years making $50K instead of $150K+, and watching interest pile up on student loans matters if you're older, have kids, etc.
  • more physically demanding, both hours and intensity. 45 isn't "too old" to be a surgery resident but you'll pay a far higher price for the privilege than a 28 year old.
  • often biased against older applicants, even if they say they're not.
All part of the reasons that at 41 I am in AA school and not med school...

Haha I might be a little late with this post but I thought I would chime in since I've been doing medical device sales for about 7 years now and have worked for 3 different companies. I sold stents/angioplasty balloons for 3 years (and no, most of them are not 20k, but maybe around 2k a stent, although many patients did need multiple stents in a single procedure), I sold spine products (cages, screws, etc), and I sold skin substitutes to plastic surgeons.

1. You are correct about the income being extraordinarly high, even for "average" reps, although it used to be a lot higher 7-10 years ago. Just like docs, reps are getting paid less too.
2. They are very selective in their hiring, and it's not easy to break into the industry to begin with. They seek out extremely competitive individuals to say the least..and I'd say the best of the best of salesreps in general.
3. Reps are constantly jumping around from company to company, thus there is ZERO job stability.
4. My friends who are reps absolutely hate their jobs, myself included.
5. Watching a doctor do all the work and being their little bitch absolutely sucks as well. Lots of driving, lots of corporate bs, brain dead sales trainings and sleezy tactics to get docs to buy stuff.
6. There is absolutely zero future in this industry, unless you are planning on working your way up in a company, you might as well say good bye to your big pay checks 3-5 years from now because the pricing of these products is being driven down further and further by hospitals which ultimately means less $$ in the rep's pocket. My guess is a few years from now this job will turn into a pharma-like job where reps are getting paid 70-90k max. Except maybe for the spine reps/pacer reps, since they are actually "needed" in surgeries.
7. I'm in my late 20s now and realizing that although medical device is still great income for the time being and has helped me accomplish many of my financial goals..I have this nagging feeling that maybe I went down the wrong path and should have continued on to medical school.
8. So to all you future docs on here..you made the right choice; a fulfilling/stable career versus a brain dead one..take your pick! And you get to help people out too..instead of being that annoying rep around the corner trying to get 30 seconds with a doc to show him your new product. Once you guys start seeing the reps coming around ore and more often you will be really glad you didn't go down that path. Trust me on that. ;)

My sister worked as a medical sales rep for almost 10 years before she became completely fed up with the field and switched careers. Although she had an excellent salary ($100K-$200K annually, depending on the job), the nature of the work truly sucked. She was ALWAYS on the road, in many instances driving 4-6 hours to meet with a particular surgeon god knows where. In addition, she was always bitching about the sales quotas. Every month, she had to undergo some kind of review with her manager to discuss her productivity and whether she was meeting some arbitrary sales goal for the month. She also complained about the fact that she always felt like she was annoying the physicians when she tried to sell things to them. Plus, many of the surgeons in her area were complete douchebags.

She ended up changing careers. She's a nurse by training and now she teaches patients about a variety of therapies. She makes less money than she did as a sales rep, but she's MUCH HAPPIER.

It just goes to show you that money isn't everything.

If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't pursue either career option. I would go to dental school.

You still get the satisfaction of helping people in dentistry. You get to do a bunch of procedures all day long, which is awesome if you enjoy working with your hands. The outcomes from your interventions are generally quite good (i.e., the failure rate is quite low). You can start your own practice if you want. The requisite training, although rigorous, is much shorter when compared to medicine. In addition, the medicolegal aspects of dentistry are relatively favorable: the average dentist has a MUCH LOWER RISK of being sued when compared to the average physician. What's more, the job security and compensation are outstanding in dentistry.

In fact, when you factor in the average hours worked per week, dentists are among the highest paid professionals in the U.S., in many cases exceeding the compensation for physicians. The average general dentist works approximately 32 hours/week. The average net income (before taxes) for a general dentist who owns a practice is approximately $210,000. That translates into an hourly income of roughly $130/hr. Not bad for a 4 year postgraduate degree! The average anesthesiologist works 55-60 hours per week and earns approximately $360,000 per year, which equates to $148/hr.

Does the extra $18/hr justify the additional 4-5 years of training and markedly increased risk of a lawsuit? Probably not.

Do yourself a favor: become a dentist. It truly is a sweet gig. My dad has nothing but positive things to say about his long career in dentistry. Great money, happy patients, very reasonable hours.

Medicine, on the other hand... :cool:

Dude,

Being a sales rep would suck BALZ! They change jobs (companies) every3 to 4 years. Why is that? Because they love their job so much?

I can't believe people always ask the question on here if they should go into medicine.

The resounding answer should always be - Hell NO...become a dentist, maybe then do oral surgery or some type of dental fellowship. There is no other correct answer.

Unrelated note - just saw THE AVENGERS in 3D - freakin' awesome.

What kind of cash were you bringing down?

Someone here mentioned sales rep beating out spinal surgeons in compensation.

I just don't see that happening.

Haha I might be a little late with this post but I thought I would chime in since I've been doing medical device sales for about 7 years now and have worked for 3 different companies. I sold stents/angioplasty balloons for 3 years (and no, most of them are not 20k, but maybe around 2k a stent, although many patients did need multiple stents in a single procedure), I sold spine products (cages, screws, etc), and I sold skin substitutes to plastic surgeons.

1. You are correct about the income being extraordinarly high, even for "average" reps, although it used to be a lot higher 7-10 years ago. Just like docs, reps are getting paid less too.
2. They are very selective in their hiring, and it's not easy to break into the industry to begin with. They seek out extremely competitive individuals to say the least..and I'd say the best of the best of salesreps in general.
3. Reps are constantly jumping around from company to company, thus there is ZERO job stability.
4. My friends who are reps absolutely hate their jobs, myself included.
5. Watching a doctor do all the work and being their little bitch absolutely sucks as well. Lots of driving, lots of corporate bs, brain dead sales trainings and sleezy tactics to get docs to buy stuff.
6. There is absolutely zero future in this industry, unless you are planning on working your way up in a company, you might as well say good bye to your big pay checks 3-5 years from now because the pricing of these products is being driven down further and further by hospitals which ultimately means less $$ in the rep's pocket. My guess is a few years from now this job will turn into a pharma-like job where reps are getting paid 70-90k max. Except maybe for the spine reps/pacer reps, since they are actually "needed" in surgeries.
7. I'm in my late 20s now and realizing that although medical device is still great income for the time being and has helped me accomplish many of my financial goals..I have this nagging feeling that maybe I went down the wrong path and should have continued on to medical school.
8. So to all you future docs on here..you made the right choice; a fulfilling/stable career versus a brain dead one..take your pick! And you get to help people out too..instead of being that annoying rep around the corner trying to get 30 seconds with a doc to show him your new product. Once you guys start seeing the reps coming around ore and more often you will be really glad you didn't go down that path. Trust me on that. ;)