-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Memes of Podiatry
Started by GreenHousePub
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Who else is old enough to remember APMA Vinson 2015 and the “pathway to parity”? Now it’s 2026 and it still hasn’t happened.
ACGME is finally willing to have a conversation, but APMA and CPME are closing the door. A lot of the old guard in podiatry seem more focused on maintaining power and control over the profession than actually pushing it forward, especially if it risks changing the current model of cheap podiatry associates for PE groups and cheap labor in residency/fellowship.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You brought up a good point. I think ACGME being open to the conversation is a compliment to the older generation. They pushed podiatry far enough for this conversation to even be possible.Who else is old enough to remember APMA Vinson 2015 and the “pathway to parity”? Now it’s 2026 and it still hasn’t happened.
ACGME is finally willing to have a conversation, but APMA and CPME are closing the door. A lot of the old guard in podiatry seem more focused on maintaining power and control over the profession than actually pushing it forward, especially if it risks changing the current model of cheap podiatry associates for PE groups and cheap labor in residency/fellowship.
This scene in RoTJ always gets me. Not exactly breaking the bank on costume design.
Great summary! I have been over 35 years, same old crapWho else is old enough to remember APMA Vinson 2015 and the “pathway to parity”? Now it’s 2026 and it still hasn’t happened.
ACGME is finally willing to have a conversation, but APMA and CPME are closing the door. A lot of the old guard in podiatry seem more focused on maintaining power and control over the profession than actually pushing it forward, especially if it risks changing the current model of cheap podiatry associates for PE groups and cheap labor in residency/fellowship.
I was going to do the dancing old man, but its more a relief. Now I can feed my children.
It's been a while since I've commented on the art of meming, so here we go;
Firstly, you don't need to say "this field is trash" because we can see a picture of the trash. The picture itself communicates the idea. Show us, don't tell us. You could recaption this to be "looking for a podiatry job" or "trying to find a non-toenail patient on my schedule" or maybe even "podiatry school admissions counselors reviewing applicants" if you want to be really provacative. (And it's his meme not mine so no one get mad at me for suggesting anything with those possible captions.) This forces the observer to think about your meme. This way you convey a complex idea using just a picture.
Secondly, there's a difference between meming and outright complaining. No, becoming a podiatrist is generally not the greatest decision any of us have made in our lives, but it's our lot in life, make the best of it.
It's a play on words I'm conveying here, but thanks for the suggestions. It's a meme for this post. I just need to be more creative next time.It's been a while since I've commented on the art of meming, so here we go;
Firstly, you don't need to say "this field is trash" because we can see a picture of the trash. The picture itself communicates the idea. Show us, don't tell us. You could recaption this to be "looking for a podiatry job" or "trying to find a non-toenail patient on my schedule" or maybe even "podiatry school admissions counselors reviewing applicants" if you want to be really provacative. (And it's his meme not mine so no one get mad at me for suggesting anything with those possible captions.) This forces the observer to think about your meme. This way you convey a complex idea using just a picture.
Secondly, there's a difference between meming and outright complaining. No, becoming a podiatrist is generally not the greatest decision any of us have made in our lives, but it's our lot in life, make the best of it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is a subject of amusement to me because my wife said the same thing to me the first time I showed her some memes I made. Too many words. Let the picture tell the story. I'm personally terrible at it which is I why I get a laugh when adamsmasher likes a meme I make with almost no words. I know he's trying to convey his austerity approval. Also, he said the same thing to me awhile back.It's a play on words I'm conveying here, but thanks for the suggestions. It's a meme for this post. I just need to be more creative next time.
Consider that in my meme above I originally had the word "trash" in front of balance prevention service, but I removed it because the picture clearly shows what I think of it. In fact, you could argue that I didn't even need to name the service because we all know reps push promotional junk.
Finally… a podiatry podcast with peer review from a golden retriever.
Yes, it has too many words. That’s because it’s not a meme. It’s a pilot episode.
Last edited:
Bay 14? More like a chair in hallway for podiatry lol.
This has got to be rage bait. You don't need to type out "teaching how to meme" because you can see from the picture the person is teaching how to meme. You don't need to use text to explain what the picture is!
Also I am a lobster not a human
Even though some of the words were superfluous I think we really need to give some respect to the small details ie. calling it Podiatry Lecture Hall B. The students all had their phones on their desks - that's really well done. Now, a podiatry would never sit in the front row...
Inspired by this SNL skit.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This has got to be rage bait.
I mean this entirely as a joke - just a call back to Sam Altman's recent, painful questioning on the stand. Thanks for what you do here.
- Molo: “Are you completely trustworthy?”
- Altman: “I believe so.”
- Molo: “But you don't know whether you're completely trustworthy?”
- Altman: “I'll just amend my answer to yes.”
- Molo: “Do you always tell the truth?”
- Altman: “I'm sure there is some time in my life where I have not.”
- Molo: “Have you misled people with whom you do business?”
- Altman: “I do not think so.”
- Molo: “Are you a person who tells people things because you believe that's what they want to hear, whether they're true or not?”
- Altman: “No.”
- Molo: “You've repeatedly been called a liar by people you've done business with, right?”
- Altman: “I've heard people say that.”
Gross, but adamsmasher will approve of your brevity.
Oh hey, feet
May the words in your memes be as numerous as the podiatry schools across the landGross, but adamsmasher will approve of your brevity.
E: more schools and more students
Let’s be real. We’re not banking V21C on SF69ers taking USMLE.E: more schools and more students
ABFAS and ABPM would prob merge before going under ABMS.
And the deans would go LCME right after burning down their schools and opening two more.
So that leaves the answer everyone keeps pretending isn’t sitting there.
let's try to keep these witty and not vulgar. Larry David is what we should be aiming for, not Andrew Dice Clay!!!
let's try to keep these witty and not vulgar. Larry David is what we should be aiming for, not Andrew Dice Clay!!!
I dunno, we had a soaking meme last year that was MOTY finalist. Also, anyone who dismembers people for money should not be offended by vulgarity.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ParNoMoney
Full Member
Sometimes the truth isn't prettylet's try to keep these witty and not vulgar. Larry David is what we should be aiming for, not Andrew Dice Clay!!!
"...he's at his new craphole practice."
-said the hospital pod.