-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Memes of Podiatry
Started by GreenHousePub
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Good luck to young podiatrists in California. The market is about to become even more saturated.
Many jobs, including some offered by PE-backed groups like Balance Health, pay $150k in one of the highest tax and highest cost of living states in the country.
Some young podiatrists end up living with their parents or roommates just to make it work in the Bay Area.
Meanwhile, the average home price in the Bay Area is around $1.25 million. 100k is low income.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The Fire Marshall inspected my office today. He was very nice. Was armed which brought to mind the terrible movie "15 minutes" which I'm giving my age away by revealing I saw in theaters.
At the beginning of the inspection I asked him "are you the guy who arrests people for arson" and he immediately said "yeah, you aren't going to burn this building down are you?"
Then I failed the damn exam because the batteries were all corroded and burnt out in my exit sign lights. The building had been inspected by so many people - an inspector, my liability insurance company etc and no one had pressed the Exit sign test button to see if the lights turn on when the power goes off.
Had to buy a bunch of $10 lead acid batteries. I will have to talk to my landlord about this oversight! #IamTheLandlord
At the beginning of the inspection I asked him "are you the guy who arrests people for arson" and he immediately said "yeah, you aren't going to burn this building down are you?"
Then I failed the damn exam because the batteries were all corroded and burnt out in my exit sign lights. The building had been inspected by so many people - an inspector, my liability insurance company etc and no one had pressed the Exit sign test button to see if the lights turn on when the power goes off.
Had to buy a bunch of $10 lead acid batteries. I will have to talk to my landlord about this oversight! #IamTheLandlord
lol, I had a patient teach me how to dose fluconazole. I needed to give her antibiotics and she said she normally needs a few tabs of fluconazole to prevent yeast infections. She had no medical training, just a layperson asking me for drugs.
We could interview all 3 at the same time:
Topics: Memes, PE, Schools, Students, Boards, SDN personalities, etc.
I respectfully decline on behalf of the SDN committee.View attachment 420147
We could interview all 3 at the same time:
Topics: Memes, PE, Schools, Students, Boards, SDN personalities, etc.
Adam has a podcast COI and is currently away on official lobster business.
Retro is unavailable... too busy converting RVUs into BTC.
Heybrother remains eligible pending Fire Marshal clearance.
Update: Air Bud, DPM, 2024 MOTY champ, is unavailable due to thought leadership obligations.
Last edited:
I am also busy that day.I respectfully decline on behalf of the SDN committee.
Adam has a podcast COI and is currently away on official lobster business.
Retro is unavailable... too busy converting RVUs into BTC.
Heybrother remains eligible pending Fire Marshal clearance. Emotional support clearance is also TBD.
Picked up 3 new patients over lunch.
I also had a patient ask me for fluconazole when I prescribed antibiotics once so now I always ask females if they need it and surprisingly quite a few have said yes. Now I get to act and sound like I’m a real doctor 0.5% of the time.
D
deleted1235332
Feel like it’s a grey area on prescribing it for that but depends on the state maybe too.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1235332
Actual apma Instagram post
D
deleted1235332
Going to have to spore test the whole office now
Welcome to the good life.....where you can pick up the phone and patients are hella rude to you because they think you're just front office staff but they don't realize you're the foot doc they're about to see in a bit.View attachment 420172
Picked up 3 new patients over lunch.
In fairness, professional societies and higher education in general arr about stealing from students/members, and I believe part of vision 2015 was about achieving parity in that regard.
Ridiculous. You all love pontificating in the vacuum of SDN. Not really interested in having any discussion. The mods ought to clean this up!In fairness, professional societies and higher education in general arr about stealing from students/members, and I believe part of vision 2015 was about achieving parity in that regard.
No, you are the one being ridiculous. It's impossible to pontificate in a vacuum. Sound requires a medium to travel.You all love pontificating in the vacuum of SDN. Not really interested in having any discussion. The mods ought to clean this up!
Ridiculous. You all love pontificating in the vacuum of SDN. Not really interested in having any discussion. The mods ought to clean this up!
Gentlemen please. This is the podiatric residents & physicians forum, where professionalism is allegedly taken very seriously.No, you are the one being ridiculous. It's impossible to pontificate in a vacuum. Sound requires a medium to travel.
Let’s keep the pontification CPME compliant before someone writes another strongly worded essay about us.
The lies need to stop. 100% misleading ad
APMA salary surveys is below “average annual salary of $446,060.*”
D
deleted1235332
This should be illegal….. holy crap
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’d usually meme this... but DMU is a solid school so I’ll be boring here.
$446k is the ACFAS Fellow average. ACFAS Fellows are certified by ABFAS. That’s a board certified surgical subset, not avg DPM income or avg new grad outcome.
They’re technically not wrong if they’re using ACFAS data. The number isn’t fake. The framing is the problem.
Paging @SDN_APMA_BOD
How is SDN a vacuum when anyone is open to join the conversation, versus a podcast where the guest is handpicked by the host without any sort of interaction outside of that? Most people would agree that a podcast is more of a vacuum than an open message board.Ridiculous. You all love pontificating in the vacuum of SDN. Not really interested in having any discussion. The mods ought to clean this up!
D
deleted1235332
That’s not accurate regardless. It’s pure propaganda. It’s over double what the marit data showsI’d usually meme this... but DMU is a solid school so I’ll be boring here.
$446k is the ACFAS Fellow average. ACFAS Fellows are certified by ABFAS. That’s a board certified surgical subset, not avg DPM income or avg new grad outcome.
They’re technically not wrong if they’re using ACFAS data. The number isn’t fake. The framing is the problem.
Paging @SDN_APMA_BOD
I'll say this one more time. Someone really needs to dissect the ACFAS 2025 survey.
I get the skepticism. ACFAS and Marit are looking at different groups.That’s not accurate regardless. It’s pure propaganda. It’s over double what the marit data shows
ACFAS data is an ABFAS certified Fellow sample. Marit is broader and separates general podiatry from foot & ankle surgery.
Agreed. That 2025 jump is definitely interesting.I'll say this one more time. Someone really needs to dissect the ACFAS 2025 survey.
View attachment 420242
769 Fellow responses is a solid sample, so I’m more curious what changed between 2021 and 2025.
Last edited:
D
deleted1235332
Sounds like a job for @sdupre_apmaI'll say this one more time. Someone really needs to dissect the ACFAS 2025 survey.
View attachment 420242
Oh noooo!
***First use of this meme in the meme thread***!!!
Then you'll be out $1925...
Liking because that was a decent anime....with actual character development if you watched far enough
That's some amazing/disgusting attention to detail, but I do need to see the Private Equity card.
That has a stunning resemblance to Guillermo from What We Do In The Shadows. Highly recommended, super funny. I’ll see if I can find a way to meme it up
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sendin_Toes_2market
Full Member
Attachments
Last edited:
lol the ABFAS punchline at the bottom almost made me spill my mt dew
Bruh - podiatrists are commons, not mythic rares at all
Since we're bringing back Podiatry: the Gathering, here's on of my faves from page 20 of the meme thread.
My podiatry magic cards start here: Memes of Podiatry
My podiatry magic cards start here: Memes of Podiatry