Michigan Resident School List, Thoughts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

femmegoblue

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
3.19 uGPA U of Michigan, 3.9 GPA @ Wayne State BMS program (all core science), 502 MCAT

Applying almost all DO except for my IS MD's. I left off all the schools I have gleaned are very regionally selective, as well as coastal Touro's and CCOM. Very strong desire for primary care/underserved/rural med.

ATSU-KCOM
ATSU-SOMA
AZCOM
DMU-COM
KCU-COM
LECOM
LECOM-B
MSUCOM
NSU-COM
PCOM
PCOM-GA
VCOM all three
Western U COMP
ACOM
CUSOM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
WCUCOM
NYIT-Arkansas
Touro-Nevada
New Arkansas COM
 
Western U Comp had an %81 IS bias for the class of 2019, plus it's highly competitive because Cali lol. If you left out CCOM then AZCOM should be taken out too, they both love high MCAT scores (508+). I also think that PCOM-GA is regionally selective, primarily GA and southern states.
 
Western U Comp had an %81 IS bias for the class of 2019, plus it's highly competitive because Cali lol. If you left out CCOM then AZCOM should be taken out too, they both love high MCAT scores (508+). I also think that PCOM-GA is regionally selective, primarily GA and southern states.
Thank you for the input!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@OrdinaryDO Well, usually for profit schools are a lot less regulated in where their money goes and the salaries of their administration often go unchecked. Also, I guess I want to be sure that any excess money the school has is going back into the school, its curriculum, facilities and its students, not its investors. Obviously they can turn out high quality physicians, but it's more of a personal/moral thing. Who knows, I may end up throwing BCOM and RVU anyway.
 
@OrdinaryDO Well, usually for profit schools are a lot less regulated in where their money goes and the salaries of their administration often go unchecked. Also, I guess I want to be sure that any excess money the school has is going back into the school, its curriculum, facilities and its students, not its investors. Obviously they can turn out high quality physicians, but it's more of a personal/moral thing. Who knows, I may end up throwing BCOM and RVU anyway.
That can definitely be true if the school handles it like that, but for the most part I believe as long as the tuition isn't sky high and the education is good then I am okay wherever the money goes. But, it's whatever makes you happy! 🙂
 
Make an admissions appointment with a counselor at MSUCOM (it is really helpful) and apply early!

Sent from my VS985 4G using SDN mobile
 
That can definitely be true if the school handles it like that, but for the most part I believe as long as the tuition isn't sky high and the education is good then I am okay wherever the money goes. But, it's whatever makes you happy! 🙂

All tuitions are sky high nowadays
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad