Michigan State c/o 2022 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i just officially accepted my OOS seat, Blessings to God!! looking for some nice places to stay in the Lansing area any opinions!!!
Congrats and welcome!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
i just officially accepted my OOS seat, Blessings to God!! looking for some nice places to stay in the Lansing area any opinions!!!

Welcome!! You will get added to the Facebook page for our class in the next week or so and there’s a housing document with other vet students (all 4 years) looking for roommates. There’s also a few conversations on the page about apartments in the area. Congrats!!

Anyone receive any kind of a packet? I see online there is now info about required vaccines, health insurance, etc, but has anyone received booklists or things to buy for class next year? I'm starting to see other school threads (like illinois) discussing these items...

Anyone receive any kind of a packet? I see online there is now info about required vaccines, health insurance, etc, but has anyone received booklists or things to buy for class next year? I'm starting to see other school threads (like illinois) discussing these items...

I haven’t received anything. I also have not received the hard copy of my acceptance letter. Any other accepted waitlisters receive their letters?

I haven’t received anything. I also have not received the hard copy of my acceptance letter. Any other accepted waitlisters receive their letters?
I received an acceptance letter in the mail maybe 1-2 weeks after I got the acceptance email back in December (so not waitlisted). It was just a one page letter saying the same thing as the email but on letterhead etc.

Where did you find this info? I can't seem to find it...

The only thing I got in the mail so far was my acceptance letter about a month ago. I got my acceptance email 2/14 (best Valentine's Day ever!).

Where did you find this info? I can't seem to find it...

The only thing I got in the mail so far was my acceptance letter about a month ago. I got my acceptance email 2/14 (best Valentine's Day ever!).
4: Medical Information
click on the numbers to see different pages. its more obvious on mobile browser

Thanks! Do you when we have to get all of our vaccines done? I got my Tetanus vaccine done at the end of 2016, can't remember when I got my TB vaccine last, and have not gotten the Rabies vaccine yet.
They make time for you during the first semester to get rabies done, and the student insurance should cover the series now with no problems.

Thanks! Do you when we have to get all of our vaccines done? I got my Tetanus vaccine done at the end of 2016, can't remember when I got my TB vaccine last, and have not gotten the Rabies vaccine yet.
not sure its really a TB vaccine? the form you have to submit says its the TB test and it has to be done in august? your TDap is good for 10 years i believe

not sure its really a TB vaccine? the form you have to submit says its the TB test and it has to be done in august? your TDap is good for 10 years i believe
You're right. It's the TB test. I wonder when everything is due. It says they'll have a rabies vaccine and TB test clinic during the first semester. I wish I wasn't scared of needles for myself. :(

Members don't see this ad :)

They will release more information regarding books and supplies in early summer. Things are pushed back a little due to finalizing the new curriculum (which might bring about changes in materials depending on the professor)

4: Medical Information
click on the numbers to see different pages. its more obvious on mobile browser

Thanks for this! I followed the trail of links to the place you're supposed to report vaccines to and discovered that Rabies titers are free to students through their office. Pretty excited about that since I just had my rabies series last summer for an internship with bats. Now all I need is an updated TB test and Tetanus shot.

Reactions: 1 users
On Monday, I was up to number 15 on the OOS waitlist. I started at 81.

Question for current MSU students:

Do you get a student discount on veterinary services at the vet school? Reason being, my 3 year old pup will need regular visits to the oncology department for a high-grade MCT (grade III). :(

Question for current MSU students:

Do you get a student discount on veterinary services at the vet school? Reason being, my 3 year old pup will need regular visits to the oncology department for a high-grade MCT (grade III). :(
I believe it's 20% off. @wallydo can probably speak about the oncology department directly

I believe it's 20% off. @wallydo can probably speak about the oncology department directly

Yes, 20% for students. He was also insured 90% and they worked with me to submit invoices to insurance company and then make payments to them. We have a wonderful oncology department that was always accommodating. I just lost my dog that was treated for extraskeletal osteosarcoma the last 5 months. I’m very sorry you are going through this with your dog.

Hello! I found a really great deal for rent but I need someone else to sign the lease also as my roommate. 525 a month, very quiet and 10 minute drive to campus. The CATA also stops there. I'm super picky, so when I say nice, it is really nice. Is there anywhere I could post to look for a roommate?? If anyone knows anyone who would like to rent with me please let me know!

Hello! I found a really great deal for rent but I need someone else to sign the lease also as my roommate. 525 a month, very quiet and 10 minute drive to campus. The CATA also stops there. I'm super picky, so when I say nice, it is really nice. Is there anywhere I could post to look for a roommate?? If anyone knows anyone who would like to rent with me please let me know!
are you an accepted student? the facebook group has a housing document for this purpose

Has anyone been called off the waitlist since the class filled? I tried contacting them but I have not got a response.

they’ve only called two people off the waitlist
Hello!

I was just called off the OOS waitlist today (I'm so happy I'm cry)!

I was trying to find the Facebook accepted page, could anyone post the link?
Thanks so much

Hello!

Thanks so much

Congratulations!!! Welcome to the class of 2022! I am pretty certain that they will add you to the Facebook page once you have all of your paperwork and your deposit in. Anyone else feel free to correct me if I’m remembering that incorrectly!

Congratulations!!! Welcome to the class of 2022! I am pretty certain that they will add you to the Facebook page once you have all of your paperwork and your deposit in. Anyone else feel free to correct me if I’m remembering that incorrectly!
Dogtorwannabe is correct, once they've got your deposit they'll let you in the FB group. I got a "talking to" for posting the link to the FB group on here before. They didn't want to get flooded with requests from waitlists people I think .

Hello!

Thanks so much

Congrats! May I ask what number you were (most recently) on the OOS waitlist?

Thank you so much! I'm elated to be here! I did get the facebook invite and am currently creepin on my future classmates :p

If anybody felt so inclined to drop, I would be very appreciative! I am currently #1 on the OOS waitlist.

Hey guys! I started off as #5 on the IS waitlist and just got the call! I'm so excited and nervous and panicked since orientation is next week!

Reactions: 3 users
I'm here to answer questions! SDN was so helpful for me when I was applying. I hope I can be helpful to this years applicants. Good luck to all of you!

Hi, I realize this thread was for 2022 applicants, but I was wondering if anyone here encountered the optional supplemental question below. If so, should I only answer this question if I have gone through significant personal hardship in my life? Is the goal they refer to veterinary school or anything? Thank you for any insight you can provide.

"If you have encountered any personal challenges or hardships in pursuit of your goals please describe how you have overcome these challenges or hardships. This essay is optional. 1500 characters "

Hi, I realize this thread was for 2022 applicants, but I was wondering if anyone here encountered the optional supplemental question below. If so, should I only answer this question if I have gone through significant personal hardship in my life? Is the goal they refer to veterinary school or anything? Thank you for any insight you can provide.

"If you have encountered any personal challenges or hardships in pursuit of your goals please describe how you have overcome these challenges or hardships. This essay is optional. 1500 characters "

I was a little confused about this too... since I’m writing and explanation statement i felt it is a little redundant. I’m debating if I should write a new essay or leave it blank