You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Michigan State c/o 2022 Applicants!
Started by Vet_Squared80
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats!!!! Can't beat that in state tuition!Well, I am thrilled to have gotten into my IS school today. I will be turning down my OOS Michigan seat this week. Hope it finds its way to those of you on the waitlist! Best to everyone and have a great time in school! 🙂
Thanks guys. Time to go home, wash my face post-cry, and get ready for my summer zoo job interview in two hours. Lordy, the emotions of this year!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From one Houstonian to another - CONGRATS ON TAMU AND GIG EMWell, I am thrilled to have gotten into my IS school today. I will be turning down my OOS Michigan seat this week. Hope it finds its way to those of you on the waitlist! Best to everyone and have a great time in school! 🙂
Got into my IS and just declined my OOS seat. Good luck! 🙂
For those of you waitlisted, they mentioned in the email that they will update the list March 1st. Do you think they will email us or should we email to ask for an update? They said we could check back in March 1st, so I wasn't sure what others took that to mean.
I'm assuming that meant we should reach back out to them just because they didn't initially tell us our ranking without us reaching out to them in the first placeFor those of you waitlisted, they mentioned in the email that they will update the list March 1st. Do you think they will email us or should we email to ask for an update? They said we could check back in March 1st, so I wasn't sure what others took that to mean.
Just got an email. I'm now #83. Not as much movement as I would have liked but it's something. Also, that is just from people removing themselves from the waitlist. Next update is March 13th
Just got an email. I'm now #83. Not as much movement as I would have liked but it's something. Also, that is just from people removing themselves from the waitlist. Next update is March 13th
So this update does not take into account folks who have declined their seat in the class?
No update here yet... waiting anxiously!
So this update does not take into account folks who have declined their seat in the class?
No update here yet... waiting anxiously!
I emailed in order to get my update, I don't think they send out updates unless you ask.
And this is what emma replied with...
"we will update the list again on March 15th. We have not pulled anybody off the waitlist as of yet, the movement is based off of those withdrawing from the waitlist."
I had to email to get mine as well, I only moved one spot. I also asked if they will offer seats before April 15 and they said if they fall below the 37 seats then they will. They sent out 50 offers initially.So this update does not take into account folks who have declined their seat in the class?
No update here yet... waiting anxiously!
Can someone comment on their experience having pets in Lansing? Specifically, I'd really love to know some of the best places to live if you have a dog (large dog-friendly, ideally with nearby off-leash walking trails where he could run around).
I'm also interested to know whether most people take their pets to MSU's Small Animal Clinic for primary care, and if there is a student discount? Thanks!!! 🙂
I'm also interested to know whether most people take their pets to MSU's Small Animal Clinic for primary care, and if there is a student discount? Thanks!!! 🙂
I would hope so the last couple years i believe they took on average about 15 people off the list. I’m in the same boat trying to keep my hopes upDo you think their will be much movement through the waitlist this year? Trying to keep the hope alive.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are you IS or OOS? I feel like the movement for OOS is going to be less than previous years 🙁Do you think their will be much movement through the waitlist this year? Trying to keep the hope alive.
Are you IS or OOS? I feel like the movement for OOS is going to be less than previous years 🙁
Im OOS
Can someone comment on their experience having pets in Lansing? Specifically, I'd really love to know some of the best places to live if you have a dog (large dog-friendly, ideally with nearby off-leash walking trails where he could run around).
I'm also interested to know whether most people take their pets to MSU's Small Animal Clinic for primary care, and if there is a student discount? Thanks!!! 🙂
I lived in Lansing with my pup for many years and we are very excited to move back in June! Lansing is a great city for dogs! Dog friendly bars, restaurant patios, and coffee shops! The MSU campus is wonderful for walking your dog, there are many parks and walking trails but as far as off leash goes... by law dogs must be on leash except when on your own property. I don't really have much to add when it comes to apartments, but I do know Knob Hill in Okemos is large breed friendly and they also have a "dog park". I am renting a duplex that is dog friendly and the other side is available for rent. If you are interested PM me and I could give you more details. I believe the student discount at MSU is 20% but someone will correct me if I am wrong. MSU has a great primary care service but there are many other clinics in the area that are wonderful to work with.
Can anyone recommend what part of Lansing/East Lansing is the best place to look for a place to rent? I began looking at dog-friendly apartments and houses for rent around Lansing and am not quite sure what side of town is the best and which part is better to avoid.
To anyone attending MSU OOS this upcoming year or recently , do you mind sharing why you chose MSU I'd love to hear it 🙂
Can anyone recommend what part of Lansing/East Lansing is the best place to look for a place to rent? I began looking at dog-friendly apartments and houses for rent around Lansing and am not quite sure what side of town is the best and which part is better to avoid.
I personally love the east side of campus, I spent all 4 years of undergrad on the east side. I moved to the southwest side this past year and will be staying there because i love my duplex and i don’t want to move again [emoji23]. If you could move my duplex to the east side I’d love it even more. I like the east side cause it’s closer to Fee Hall and CVM. I also like going to okemos for shopping and getting food more than i like going to Lansing because it’s easier to get around! If you want feel free to Pm me!!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
who has accepted their oos spot or are most people waiting until April
yea , email this morning, still not a lot of movement, I have only moved up 2 spots since the last updateHas anyone heard regarding their updated position on the waitlist?![]()
Sameyea , email this morning, still not a lot of movement, I have only moved up 2 spots since the last update
I accepted my OOS seat last month after getting my acceptence. Good luck to all of those who are still on the waitlist. I really hope it starts moving people up. 🙂who has accepted their oos spot or are most people waiting until April
I moved up one spot from the last time when I moved up one....no offers from the waitlist yet
Correct me if I'm wrong anyone, but I thought they said during the interview that they were going to give out 30 OOS offers initially because last year they over-accepted too many applicants for the 37 seats. That would explain why they lowered the number of initial OOS acceptances this year.I'm 47 on the waitlist and I'm really curious if that will be a spot that will be good enough to get in, or what. And I'm so bummed because last year they said they gave 100 OOS offers, which means that if this was last year, I would have already been accepted. I'm also wondering why they decided to only offer 50 initial offers this year. I was curious what caused that changed.
they gave 50 oos offers this year, i'm positive.Correct me if I'm wrong anyone, but I thought they said during the interview that they were going to give out 30 OOS offers initially because last year they over-accepted too many applicants for the 37 seats. That would explain why they lowered the number of initial OOS acceptances this year.
Got'cha! I hope the waitlist moves up enough to get you in! 🙂they gave 50 oos offers this year, i'm positive.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They said 30 OOS during interviewsCorrect me if I'm wrong anyone, but I thought they said during the interview that they were going to give out 30 OOS offers initially because last year they over-accepted too many applicants for the 37 seats. That would explain why they lowered the number of initial OOS acceptances this year.
They said 30 OOS during interviews
I asked Emma if she thought there would be movement before the deadline and this was her response. She said they sent out 50 initial.
Attachments
Have they called anyone off the waitlist or are they waiting until the April deadline?
Emma said they will call them off when it goes below the 37 so I guess it hasn’t yet? I posted the screen shot of that email aboveHave they called anyone off the waitlist or are they waiting until the April deadline?
Vote for MSU guys! They are trying to win a new ultrasound
BCF Technology North America
BCF Technology North America
Just got the registration email with class list! So excited!
Me too @StayingPositive2017! 
Do we know how the classes are structured/laid out?
Do we know how the classes are structured/laid out?
I know they talked about it, but I've forgotten. Was it 2-3 week blocks? Hmm...Me too @StayingPositive2017!
Do we know how the classes are structured/laid out?
I think it might be 2-4 week blocks based on body systems. I only went to one presentation on the new curriculum, so I'm not completely sure.I know they talked about it, but I've forgotten. Was it 2-3 week blocks? Hmm...
I only went to one presentation on the new curriculum, so I'm not completely sure.
I went to 3 and I'm still not completely sure. 😛
Me too @StayingPositive2017!
Do we know how the classes are structured/laid out?
It appears as though they are 3 week courses with the exception of One Health I, Veterinary Doctoring I and Vet Career Practice Management-- those three courses run the entire semester.
Makes sense!It appears as though they are 3 week courses with the exception of One Health I, Veterinary Doctoring I and Vet Career Practice Management-- those three courses run the entire semester.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Finnick said they used their stethoscope first year so there is thatDoes anyone know if there is a list of required equipment, clothing, etc. that students must have?
Does anyone know if there is a list of required equipment, clothing, etc. that students must have?
I was told that late spring/ early summer they will send us a detailed list of items we need for our first year. Because our curriculum is different then previous years, they are working to compile what is necessary for us BUT a stethoscope is a definite 🙂
And P.S. if you are currently working at a clinic... talk to your boss bc I was able to purchase my stethoscope through our supplier and saved about $80!
Good idea! My work just gave everyone new stethoscopes last month, so I already have one! 🙂I was told that late spring/ early summer they will send us a detailed list of items we need for our first year. Because our curriculum is different then previous years, they are working to compile what is necessary for us BUT a stethoscope is a definite 🙂
And P.S. if you are currently working at a clinic... talk to your boss bc I was able to purchase my stethoscope through our supplier and saved about $80!
Last edited:
We actually have a supply sale that we (the students) run. You can get mostly everything you'd need from it, including stethoscopes. For some reason the prices for stethoscopes didn't get included last year so not many people ordered them, but the supplier we get them from usually does really good discounts.I was told that late spring/ early summer they will send us a detailed list of items we need for our first year. Because our curriculum is different then previous years, they are working to compile what is necessary for us BUT a stethoscope is a definite 🙂
And P.S. if you are currently working at a clinic... talk to your boss bc I was able to purchase my stethoscope through our supplier and saved about $80!
Definitely expect this to get sent out sometime during the summer. (we're all currently dying running from test to test so I don't think anything is going to progress on this front until after finals)
