Michigan State c/o 2026 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I thought that was our day to decide?

View attachment 350598
Ignore the “no enrollment deposit required” that’s from a random school when I searched it 😂
It’s kind of the deadline for everything in a way? Realistically, school’s should let applicants know before April 15th, but that doesn’t always happen. For applicants, it’s the official deadline for decisions— for school’s, it’s almost like an unofficial deadline of sorts, with most schools letting applicants know on or before April 15th.
 
I know at least one school I applied to said that they will let us know April 1st (yikes), so unfortunately Im not sure schools need to let us know by March 15.
I hope we know our decisions soon!!
It’s kind of the deadline for everything in a way? Realistically, school’s should let applicants know before April 15th, but that doesn’t always happen. For applicants, it’s the official deadline for decisions— for school’s, it’s almost like an unofficial deadline of sorts, with most schools letting applicants know on or before April 15th.
Maybe the March 15 was a specific school’s goal in the past 🤷🏼‍♀️ That was also two cycles ago
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’ve checked the “2026 selected applicants” page on MSU’s website every once and a while since they posted it back in January. I refreshed the page today and the information on the page (like orientation dates, offer contingencies) is different from the last time I checked on Friday. Good sign that they’re sending emails soon maybe? (I found it originally by googling ‘msu cvm 2026’)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The deposits go back into your tuition or you’ll get them refunded. It sucks og, of course. It’s $500 IS and $1000 OOS to secure your spot.

Also, can confirm those phone calls are for current students to answer any questions offered applicants may have while making decisions!

ETA: I know the date is obviously off from last year, so this could be too, but the acceptances/waitlists went out around 4:30pm.
 
I prob will for Ohio if I do get a Michigan acceptance. But at the same time I’ll think about it if I do end up having more than one offer, since Ohio is my one acceptance now.
I would for Ohio too but they rejected me (only bc they do resident after a year) which is nice 🙃 but congrats on it being a possibility! I’m greatful to any school that gives me a chance.
 
Yikes that would stink! I’m going to remain optimistic and keep my fingers crossed for accuracy in a previous post saying that admissions had informed them it would be no later than Feb 25th. Admissions also stated during the virtual webinar that we would be informed by the end of February.
 
Yikes that would stink! I’m going to remain optimistic and keep my fingers crossed for accuracy in a previous post saying that admissions had informed them it would be no later than Feb 25th. Admissions also stated during the virtual webinar that we would be informed by the end of February.
The end-end of February? Or the begining-end.
Maybe the middle end? 😬😬
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad