Michigan State c/o 2026 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi guys! I was just wondering if anybody knew when most people got pulled off of the waitlist last year? I’m #49 and am hoping to get pulled off! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m #1 on the list… I haven’t heard anything but if I do, I’ll let you know, I have a feeling it’s filled:/
I decided to call them, and no it’s not filled! She said they will call more off after this wave of offers expires, so May 2nd. She said they are getting normal movement on the waitlist, not sure what that means and that they are on track to fill the class by mid-may.

Reactions: 1 users
I decided to call them, and no it’s not filled! She said they will call more off after this wave of offers expires, so May 2nd. She said they are getting normal movement on the waitlist, not sure what that means and that they are on track to fill the class by mid-may.
I’d assume normal movement just means that the waitlist is moving similarly to how it has in the past— with the IS waitlist moving a little, and the OOS moving a lot.

And as a reminder, the class may fill up in the next few weeks, but sometimes life happens and those who may have originally accepted their spots are now forced to decline them, and the class opens a little bit again and they’ll be a smidge more movement.

Reactions: 2 users

Omg, thank you so much for sharing this! Makes me feel a lot more hopeful!

This was the highlight of my day. Thank you thank you thank you

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! Does anyone know when we’ll get financial aid information? I want to start figuring out the loans as soon as possible so I don’t have to worry about it right before school 😵‍💫

For those who have accepted and are admitted, can anyone confirm that we have not received a NetID or anything necessary for an email account? Just want to make sure I’m not missing anything! Thanks!!

Is anyone on the waitlist under 101 who will be declining their seat? Or will everyone be accepting if offered?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you accepting your position? If you don’t mind me asking!
Sorry for the late response, but I accepted my seat. However, I am deferring for medical reasons, so my seat for this year will be available.

Sorry for the late response, but I accepted my seat. However, I am deferring for medical reasons, so my seat for this year will be available.
No worries! I’m hoping all is well for you! And congratulations again for being accepted! Hopefully I will see you next year!! 🤞🏼

Has anyone heard anything about online orientation? I remember hearing something about it starting in mid-May.

Has anyone heard anything about online orientation? I remember hearing something about it starting in mid-May.
We should be getting more info any day now. Yeah they said mid to late may. The online orientation is asynchronous /at our own pace.

Anyone else really hoping we would have heard about the next round of waitlist pulls by now? :/

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone else really hoping we would have heard about the next round of waitlist pulls by now? :/
In the email I got it said next email update would be the 16th. I guess that’s when they’ll make updates after people have time to accept or decline their seats that were pulled

If you're #1, I wouldn't worry. It's still early in the game and the out of state waitlist historically moves quite a bit.

The Facebook group currently has 95 people in it… a few are upperclassmen helping with moderating and whatnot, but how likely is the waitlist to go past 10 on the OOS list with this upcoming update?

Anyone know when the May virtual orientation is happening?

The Facebook group currently has 95 people in it… a few are upperclassmen helping with moderating and whatnot, but how likely is the waitlist to go past 10 on the OOS list with this upcoming update?
Do you know when the update would be? I spoke to admissions the week of April 16th and she said they’d send an update before May 16th but it’s almost that time haha

• Wow
Do you know when the update would be? I spoke to admissions the week of April 16th and she said they’d send an update before May 16th but it’s almost that time haha

If they said before May 16th, expect May 17th lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I have no idea! I've tried to call and email this week and got no answer :/ I saw someone else mention an update before May 16th too!

For those who have accepted and are admitted, can anyone confirm that we have not received a NetID or anything necessary for an email account? Just want to make sure I’m not missing anything! Thanks!!
Yeah i havent heard ANYTHING. Its making me anxious because I NEED THE INFO!!! I need to know how much financial aid I’ll get so that I can start signing my lease !!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anybody know if the waitlist is still moving?

• Sad
I was just pulled off the waitlist an hour ago! Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear, I’m rooting for you all ❤️

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Just got off the waitlist! Sent me an email at 6am PST, which is weird timing, lol, but I’m not complaining! Went from #28 OOS -> #27 OOS -> #4 OOS -> off the waitlist this morning. Too early for it to sink in, but hope the rest of you are hearing good news too!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
I just called admissions to check my waitlist number and I’m #18. I was #27 on April 18th so I’m a little worried at how little it has moved. She did say the class isn’t quite full yet and that we’ll be getting an update next week.

I just called admissions to check my waitlist number and I’m #18. I was #27 on April 18th so I’m a little worried at how little it has moved. She did say the class isn’t quite full yet and that we’ll be getting an update next week.
Are you in state or out of state?

Has anyone completed the online orientation yet? What did it cover (in general)?

Has anyone completed the online orientation yet? What did it cover (in general)?
A good chunk of the online orientation is not open until June. There are a few things like the supplies list/book list that are open to view and a few other forms that are not due till like August.

I will call tomorrow and ask
Yeah that’s very weird, I’d try calling! I’ve called twice for updates because I’m too impatient to wait a month for an email haha what number were you the last?

My last update was over a week ago. I’m not sure either, :/. Will they be sending us updates every week?

My last update was over a week ago. I’m not sure either, :/. Will they be sending us updates every week?
Did you try calling? I don’t think it’ll be weekly though. Probably will stick to every month like they have been doing, but also not sure:/

Yh & the lady also said we can call them weekly and ask for an update on our number if we’re too eager