Michigan State c/o 2027 Applicants

Started by BeanDVM
Tags Tags
vet c/o 2027
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Still Waiting Office Tv GIF by The Office

Me every time I check my email
 
Hi all! Congrats on getting your applications in. I wanted to introduce myself as a 1st year at MSU CVM c/o 2026. I was a 1st time applicant, applying OOS. Let me know if you have any questions!
 
Hi all! Congrats on getting your applications in. I wanted to introduce myself as a 1st year at MSU CVM c/o 2026. I was a 1st time applicant, applying OOS. Let me know if you have any questions!
Hi! Thanks for reaching out. Can you tell me more about the application timeline that you experienced for your applications. At MSU but also at other colleges as well. I'm thinking I should here back any (hopefully) acceptance by around mid-feburary... would you think that's a good timeline? Did you hear back from anyone later than that?

Were your interviews in-person or online for Michigan State?

As an OOS student, did you receive any scholarship support at Michigan? Is there any for OOS? Can you change your residency once you start school there. Thanks!
 
Hi! Thanks for reaching out. Can you tell me more about the application timeline that you experienced for your applications. At MSU but also at other colleges as well. I'm thinking I should here back any (hopefully) acceptance by around mid-feburary... would you think that's a good timeline? Did you hear back from anyone later than that?

Were your interviews in-person or online for Michigan State?

As an OOS student, did you receive any scholarship support at Michigan? Is there any for OOS? Can you change your residency once you start school there. Thanks!
There were no interviews last year for MSU. And you can not change your residency
 
I'm really hoping we all have an update by tomorrow. I heard back from them around 2:30pm for the past two application cycles and on 11/17 last year. I'm starting to get really anxious because the next couple months will be when a lot of schools send out updates😬
What type of update did you hear? Like an interview decision or just a general update about the selection process?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just visibly tensed seeing an email from my doctor’a office because I thought it was MSU 🥴
 
For whatever reason I felt compelled to re-read what I submitted as my personal statement because certainly that would help with my anxiety and I feel nauseous. 10/10 don’t recommend.
I felt the same whenever I thought back on my answers in my SGU interview and I ended up being accepted!! Our anxiety will make us think we did way worse than we actually did
 
Idk how to feel about this because family time will distract me but if it’s bad news and I have to keep telling people and talking about it that won’t be fun even though my fam will make me feel better
Being around your support system definitely helps, but don’t be afraid to ask for a little bit of alone time if you need that as well. This is my third application cycle, and I’ve gotten rejected while home for the holidays before and it has been nice to have family and other distractions, but that being said — it’s okay to feel sad, or angry, or frustrated or whatever. Admissions are hell, and the process stinks, and I don’t believe it says anything about yourself as a veterinary professional or the veterinarian you will be one day! But here’s hoping we all get some good news 🤞🏼🥰
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, guys! Current IS second year at State. I’ll be lurking around the forum some if anyone has any questions about the program, school, etc as you wait for decisions, so don’t hesitate to reach out!

Best of luck to everyone! 🙂
Hi, I have a couple questions. Do you mind if I message you?
 
Well, at least we got AN update...
"If you progress to the next phase, virtual multi mini-interviews, you will receive an invitation via email mid-December for in-state applicants and mid-January for out-of-state applicants. Interviews will take place in late January through February."
 
Well, at least we got AN update...
"If you progress to the next phase, virtual multi mini-interviews, you will receive an invitation via email mid-December for in-state applicants and mid-January for out-of-state applicants. Interviews will take place in late January through February."
That’s less time for interviews than they quoted before. I can’t tell if that’s good or bad news
 
As a current student, my understanding is that the new 100% pre-req requirement did not significantly cut down the number of applicants and admissions is quite short staffed. Patience will be key, good luck everyone! Stay busy with other things to pass time and have a happy Thanksgiving!
 
Hi! Thanks for reaching out. Can you tell me more about the application timeline that you experienced for your applications. At MSU but also at other colleges as well. I'm thinking I should here back any (hopefully) acceptance by around mid-feburary... would you think that's a good timeline? Did you hear back from anyone later than that?

Were your interviews in-person or online for Michigan State?

As an OOS student, did you receive any scholarship support at Michigan? Is there any for OOS? Can you change your residency once you start school there. Thanks!
Hi! I am so sorry I didn't get back to you in a timely manner. I got engaged so my mind has been busy! It seems like someone else answered your questions but please reach back out if you have anything else!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don’t believe that other schools are rushing through their application selections. It’s just become more competitive these last couple years.
Yeah. Which is highly unfortunate for those applying.
Purdue said this is the biggest and most competitive pool they've ever had.
 
I don’t believe that other schools are rushing through their application selections. It’s just become more competitive these last couple years.
I’m referring more to schools that stuck to a deadline, then had to change their admission process because they didn’t have the staffing/ time to look at applicants in more depth or schools not offering file reviews when that’s something they traditionally offered applicants in the past.