Michigan State c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Last year I didn’t hear back until December 17th, so it could still be a little while. The wait is killing me
Are you IS or OOS? I am OOS and heard back from them last year on November 17th and the year before that on November 5th

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I was so sure we'd hear back last week. Hopefully this week is the week!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Still Waiting Office Tv GIF by The Office

Me every time I check my email

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Hi all! Congrats on getting your applications in. I wanted to introduce myself as a 1st year at MSU CVM c/o 2026. I was a 1st time applicant, applying OOS. Let me know if you have any questions!

Hi all! Congrats on getting your applications in. I wanted to introduce myself as a 1st year at MSU CVM c/o 2026. I was a 1st time applicant, applying OOS. Let me know if you have any questions!
Hi! Thanks for reaching out. Can you tell me more about the application timeline that you experienced for your applications. At MSU but also at other colleges as well. I'm thinking I should here back any (hopefully) acceptance by around mid-feburary... would you think that's a good timeline? Did you hear back from anyone later than that?

Were your interviews in-person or online for Michigan State?

As an OOS student, did you receive any scholarship support at Michigan? Is there any for OOS? Can you change your residency once you start school there. Thanks!

Hi! Thanks for reaching out. Can you tell me more about the application timeline that you experienced for your applications. At MSU but also at other colleges as well. I'm thinking I should here back any (hopefully) acceptance by around mid-feburary... would you think that's a good timeline? Did you hear back from anyone later than that?

As an OOS student, did you receive any scholarship support at Michigan? Is there any for OOS? Can you change your residency once you start school there. Thanks!
There were no interviews last year for MSU. And you can not change your residency

I'm really hoping we all have an update by tomorrow. I heard back from them around 2:30pm for the past two application cycles and on 11/17 last year. I'm starting to get really anxious because the next couple months will be when a lot of schools send out updates😬

Reactions: 2 users
I'm really hoping we all have an update by tomorrow. I heard back from them around 2:30pm for the past two application cycles and on 11/17 last year. I'm starting to get really anxious because the next couple months will be when a lot of schools send out updates😬
What type of update did you hear? Like an interview decision or just a general update about the selection process?

What type of update did you hear? Like an interview decision or just a general update about the selection process?
Last year it was an update about interview decisions

Reactions: 1 users
Last year, it was confirmation that you passed the academic portion and would be invited to some sort of seminar since they didn't do interviews.

Last year, it was confirmation that you passed the academic portion and would be invited to some sort of seminar since they didn't do interviews.
Thank you! I’m a first time applicant so I’m very new to the whole process

Members don't see this ad :)
since class of 2026 heard back on November 17th last year....hopefully today is our day

I just visibly tensed seeing an email from my doctor’a office because I thought it was MSU 🥴

For whatever reason I felt compelled to re-read what I submitted as my personal statement because certainly that would help with my anxiety and I feel nauseous. 10/10 don’t recommend.

• Care
For whatever reason I felt compelled to re-read what I submitted as my personal statement because certainly that would help with my anxiety and I feel nauseous. 10/10 don’t recommend.
I felt the same whenever I thought back on my answers in my SGU interview and I ended up being accepted!! Our anxiety will make us think we did way worse than we actually did

Welp, it's already past 2:30, but i'm still hoping we might hear back today since it's still early. If not then it could really be any day now lol

MSU has really had me updating my email all day since the end of October

• Haha
Welp, it's already past 2:30, but i'm still hoping we might hear back today since it's still early. If not then it could really be any day now lol
I was really trying to manifest it for today... they are going to keep us on our toes until Thanksgiving lol

KSU, Mizzou, and (hopefully?) MSU all sending out interview invites next week...
If they're trying to stop my heart, it's working.

Reactions: 5 users
Bonus points if we're all on vacation/visiting family when they send out decisions affecting the rest of our lives 😬

Reactions: 4 users
Bonus points if we're all on vacation/visiting family when they send out decisions affecting the rest of our lives 😬
Idk how to feel about this because family time will distract me but if it’s bad news and I have to keep telling people and talking about it that won’t be fun even though my fam will make me feel better

• Care
Idk how to feel about this because family time will distract me but if it’s bad news and I have to keep telling people and talking about it that won’t be fun even though my fam will make me feel better
Being around your support system definitely helps, but don’t be afraid to ask for a little bit of alone time if you need that as well. This is my third application cycle, and I’ve gotten rejected while home for the holidays before and it has been nice to have family and other distractions, but that being said — it’s okay to feel sad, or angry, or frustrated or whatever. Admissions are hell, and the process stinks, and I don’t believe it says anything about yourself as a veterinary professional or the veterinarian you will be one day! But here’s hoping we all get some good news 🤞🏼🥰

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Looks like we won't be hearing anything this week :shrug:

Someone in the APVMA Facebook page posted that they emailed Michigan and they said they will be sending out general info next week but still nothing applicant specific. Not sure how accurate that is though, as things can always be delayed.

Hey, guys! Current IS second year at State. I’ll be lurking around the forum some if anyone has any questions about the program, school, etc as you wait for decisions, so don’t hesitate to reach out!

Best of luck to everyone! :)
Hi, I have a couple questions. Do you mind if I message you?

Well, at least we got AN update...
"If you progress to the next phase, virtual multi mini-interviews, you will receive an invitation via email mid-December for in-state applicants and mid-January for out-of-state applicants. Interviews will take place in late January through February."

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Okay but did anybody else think immediate rejection with the “thank you for applying” LOL I had to force myself to read the rest of it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users
They said you’re getting a Christmas present this year from us lol

• Haha
Well, at least we got AN update...
"If you progress to the next phase, virtual multi mini-interviews, you will receive an invitation via email mid-December for in-state applicants and mid-January for out-of-state applicants. Interviews will take place in late January through February."
That’s less time for interviews than they quoted before. I can’t tell if that’s good or bad news

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
As a current student, my understanding is that the new 100% pre-req requirement did not significantly cut down the number of applicants and admissions is quite short staffed. Patience will be key, good luck everyone! Stay busy with other things to pass time and have a happy Thanksgiving!

Reactions: 11 users

Hi! I am so sorry I didn't get back to you in a timely manner. I got engaged so my mind has been busy! It seems like someone else answered your questions but please reach back out if you have anything else!

Did any in state get an interview invite yet? They said mid December so I figured it would be sometime soon

I don’t believe so. I heard rumors there’s a chance of another delay though
I’d rather have a delay than have them rush and not take a good look at all the applications like other schools

I’d rather have a delay than have them rush and not take a good look at all the applications like other schools
I don’t believe that other schools are rushing through their application selections. It’s just become more competitive these last couple years.

I don’t believe that other schools are rushing through their application selections. It’s just become more competitive these last couple years.
Yeah. Which is highly unfortunate for those applying.
Purdue said this is the biggest and most competitive pool they've ever had.

I’m referring more to schools that stuck to a deadline, then had to change their admission process because they didn’t have the staffing/ time to look at applicants in more depth or schools not offering file reviews when that’s something they traditionally offered applicants in the past.

The email has to be today like it can’t not be today the whole university closes tomorrow through the new year. Fingers crossed