Michigan State CHM Hold question...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dd128

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm on hold at MSUCHM (pre letters of recomendation) I was wondering if anyone has any info on whether they'll request my letters or reject me by a certain date. Their email said something about waiting to evaulate me against the larger applicant pool, but that was like two months ago. I'm complete at all my other schools and would like to get this one out of the way one way or another.

Members don't see this ad.

I called and talked to an admissions lady a few weeks ago (I have the same hold as you do). She told me that being put on hold now doesnt really make a difference because of how they do admissions...they only request a portion of letters at a time (from their top-ranked applicants) in order to ease the paper burden on the office. A hold at this stage does not equal a rejection...if they havent asked for them by maybe January, then I will lose all hope.

At our interview, they broke down the numbers like this.

4,000-5,000 secondaries. 1,000 get asked for LORs. 400 get interviews for the 150 seats.

Just because you have not been asked for your LORs yet, doesn't mean that you won't. MSU does things on their own time table.

At our interview, they broke down the numbers like this.

4,000-5,000 secondaries. 1,000 get asked for LORs. 400 get interviews for the 150 seats.

Just because you have not been asked for your LORs yet, doesn't mean that you won't. MSU does things on their own time table.
Ah thanks for the info. That's a pretty small interview group. Obviously the odds were good for the people who got one. Congrats!!