Midwestern-Arizona Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Ladm8

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Class of 2025 official thread!

Based on previous years, typically most admission offers are made by the end of December of the year prior to matriculation, so lets get this started!

Link to SDN interview prep
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)
Link to MWU-AZ Class of 2024 thread
Link to MWU-AZ Class of 2023 thread
Link to MWU-AZ Class of 2022 thread
Link to current weather in Glendale (spoiler alert - it's probably hot!)

Admission Requirements:
Letters of Recommendation:
  • Submit two letters of recommendation, one must be from either a pre-dental advisory committee or a science professor.
  • The other, preferentially, should be from either someone with a DO/MD, DDS/DMD degree and/or someone who can testify to the integrity and ethical standards of the applicant
Science courses (semester credit hours/quarter credit hours):
  • Biology with lab (8/12), General chemistry with lab (8/12), Organic chemistry with lab (4/6), Anatomy (3/4), Microbiology (3/4), Physics (8/12), Physiology (3/4), Biochemistry (3/4), English comp/technical writing (6/9)
  • No grade lower than C will be accepted for any prerequisite course. A grade of C– will not be accepted.
Dental Aptitude Test (DAT)
  • Scores in the area of 20 or higher are desired for the Academic Average, Reading Comprehension, and Perceptual Ability sections

Some fast facts:
Class Size: 143
Average BCP-GPA for c/o 2023 3.41
Board Statistics for Class of 2019:
ADEX first time pass rate 98.9%
WREB first time pass rate Clinical Board Exams 96.5%
NDBE Part I Pass Rate 92.2%
NDBE Part II Pass Rate 95%
ADEX/WREB/NDBE Pass Rate by Graduation Day 100%

Feel free to ask any questions and best of luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-04 at 8.23.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-04 at 8.23.31 PM.png
    169.8 KB · Views: 266
Well, I just heard back and got waitlisted for an interview!
I suppose it is early on in the cycle, so not all hope is lost, right? I can't tell whether or not to feel discouraged about it lol.

For reference (in case anyone is wondering about timing) I submitted AADSAS 17th, verified 19th, MWU began reviewing 27th

Good Luck Everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got waitlisted for interview as well. Has anybody been invited for interview?

Reactions: 1 users
Is it bad that I waited until today to submit my aadsas application? I applied to other programs late
June but decided that I wanted to apply here as well.

Is it bad that I waited until today to submit my aadsas application? I applied to other programs late
June but decided that I wanted to apply here as well.
Ur fine with those stats.

What are your stats? My downfall is that I got a 14 on QR... just happened to have a bad day in that section and I could and should have done much better..

Well that 14 warrants your retake, but since its late in the cycle to retake DAT, I would hope they wont weigh the QR much (since QR is the least weighed section for the adcoms).

My stats are 3.36gpa, 26AA, 26TS, 30PAT

Reactions: 1 user
Well that 14 warrants your retake, but since its late in the cycle to retake DAT, I would hope they wont weigh the QR much (since QR is the least weighed section for the adcoms).

My stats are 3.36gpa, 26AA, 26TS, 30PAT

Well, that makes me feel a lot better knowing you got waitlisted with those stats!
I was pretty worried my gpa was dragging me down (though its low for a good reason)... Still seeing all y'alls conversation about this is reassuring regardless of whether I get that interview in the end or not!

My stats are: 3.15 cGPA, 3.58 bcpGPA, 24AA, 21TS, 30RC, 23PAT

As always, Good Luck to everyone and I hope we all get those interviews soon!

What are your stats? My downfall is that I got a 14 on QR... just happened to have a bad day in that section and I could and should have done much better..
Don't retake the DAT. MWU doesn't care about QR score. I got a 15 on that section and know about 4 other classmates who got the same or 14 on QR.

Don't retake the DAT. MWU doesn't care about QR score. I got a 15 on that section and know about 4 other classmates who got the same or 14 on QR.
That’s good to hear! Honestly I’m in my first gap year and since majority of interviews are virtual, I figured I’d be saving $$$ in traveling expenses so I applied to 18 programs.. pretty spendy but I just wanna get accepted lol

I got waitlisted for interview as well. Has anybody been invited for interview?
I also just got an email saying this and it’s not something I’ve heard of. Confused as to if it’s good or bad

I just got an email that I’ve been waitlisted for an interview, I’ve seen a few other people post about this as well. I haven’t heard of this and I have no idea if it’s a good or bad thing, but has come very shortly after they said they started reviewing my application. Any insight on how this has played out in previous years?

I received an email just barely saying that my application has been put on hold pending updated DAT, letters of recommendation, and updated coursework. I'm confused since I have them completed and submitted, and no other school has reached out and said I was missing them. Anyone else experience this?

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an email just barely saying that my application has been put on hold pending updated DAT, letters of recommendation, and updated coursework. I'm confused since I have them completed and submitted, and no other school has reached out and said I was missing them. Anyone else experience this?

Yikes! What does it say on your AADSAS status? Did you also log back into the MWU application portal? Might be worth checking there too.

I would email/call them (sooner rather than later) explain the email and confirm that they actually have all your materials. I think this is one of those times where emailing admissions right away wouldn’t be frowned upon.

Good luck!

I just got an email that I’ve been waitlisted for an interview, I’ve seen a few other people post about this as well. I haven’t heard of this and I have no idea if it’s a good or bad thing, but has come very shortly after they said they started reviewing my application. Any insight on how this has played out in previous years?

ROFL none of us have any idea about anything with these applications (at least I don’t haha)

In all seriousness though, from what I have gathered obsessively going through previous application cycle threads is that MWU likes to manage applicants by placing them on a waitlist, and that a good proportion of them get invited to interviews (correct me if I am wrong anyone).

I wonder if because of COVID they’re just putting people they potentially want to interview on hold more so this year?

Either way, At the very least MWU finds enough merit in your application to hold onto it! Better than getting it immediately tossed out right?

Hopefully we all get interviews soon!
Good luck everyone!!

Historically, MWU admissions will make a decision to accept or reject your application pretty quickly. So it doesn’t come as any surprise that you get one of these responses within a day that your application goes under review. Nobody is receiving an actual interview date yet - so be sure to log into the portal every day and check if you can schedule a date yet. You might not get informed of when that will be.

Did y'all who got waitlisted for interviews get invited to fill out the secondary application? or was this after filling out their secondary?

This was after filling out the secondary!
I don’t think they consider the application complete and review it until the secondary is complete.

Hope that helps!

Interview #1
School:
Midwestern AZ
Notification date: 8/4/2020
Method of notification: Portal
Residency: UT
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/16
Application complete date: 7/3
GPA (science, overall): 3.86 sGPA, 3.87 oGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26/26/26/19
Dates available OR your interview date: Starting 9/8 through mid November
Method of interview: Virtual

Reactions: 2 users
Interview #1
School:
Midwestern AZ
Residency: TX
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/18
Application complete date: 6/26
GPA (science, overall): 3.50 overall; 3.33 science
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/24/26/ no
Your interview date: 09/08

Last edited:
Interview #2
School:
Midwestern AZ
Notification date:
8/4/2020
Method of notification:
Portal
Residency:
New York
AADSAS mail-out date:
7/2
Application complete date:
7/2
Undergraduate GPA (overall, science):
3.19, 2.6
Post-Bacc GPA (overall, science):
3.88, 3.88
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):
25/24/24/25/none
Dates available OR your interview date:
9/8

I also got an invite from Midwesten AZ through their portal today! No email yet; invited through portal. The portal does say that a conformation email will be sent to the email I provided. I'm over the moon right now :)

Last edited:
I also got an invite from Midwesten AZ through their portal today! No email yet; invited through portal. The portal does say that a conformation email will be sent to the email I provided. I'm over the moon right now :)

Holy moly. Just checked my portal and got the interview. I never know if you don't post on SDN. My heart is pumping now!!!

Holy moly. Just checked my portal and got the interview. I never know if you don't post on SDN. My heart is pumping now!!!
I felt the same!!! Today I was feeling down about no interviews yet and I saw a few posts back about how someone checked the portal and I was like well I guess I'll give it a shot.... AH SO HAPPY :) Congrats to you!

Congratulations everyone! That's awesome!

Just out of curiosity, were any of you that got interview invitations by chance waitlisted?

I still have yet to hear but I'm hopeful:xf:

Last edited:
I felt the same!!! Today I was feeling down about no interviews yet and I saw a few posts back about how someone checked the portal and I was like well I guess I'll give it a shot.... AH SO HAPPY :) Congrats to you!

I know right. The waiting time is so frustrating. Plus, I'm an international student so I'm super worried that I might not get any interview. But I did it! Congrats to you, too!! We might be future classmates aha

I know right. The waiting time is so frustrating. Plus, I'm an international student so I'm super worried that I might not get any interview. But I did it! Congrats to you, too!! We might be future classmates aha
WOW!! That's awesome that you're international! Arizona is such a pretty place - totally rooting for you!!!! :)

Those that got interviews to MWU-AZ, did u receive a waitlist email for interviews and when did you apply? This information would be greatly appreciated for many of us that have applied there.

Those that got interviews to MWU-AZ, did u receive a waitlist email for interviews and when did you apply? This information would be greatly appreciated for many of us that have applied there.

They didn't send out any email yet. I just knew I got an interview from their portal application. I think I finished my application, including the supplemental, around mid-July.

I completed the supplemental (and paid the fee) the last part of June. I submitted my actual application the first day it was able to be submitted.

They didn't send out any email yet. I just knew I got an interview from their portal application. I think I finished my application, including the supplemental, around mid-July.
thank you for letting us know <3, and best of luck with your interview

I completed the supplemental (and paid the fee) the last part of June. I submitted my actual application the first day it was able to be submitted.
Oh okay, and did you receive any email after submitting your supplemental as well?

Oh okay, and did you receive any email after submitting your supplemental as well?
Yes, I got one that said everything was complete. After that, I haven’t heard anything except for the portal

Congratulations everyone! That's awesome!

Just out of curiosity, were any of you that got interview invitations by chance waitlisted?

I still have yet to hear but I'm hopeful:xf:
No, I was not waitlisted. Didn’t receive an email from MWU AZ except for initially getting access to the portal

Interview #1
beyond happy!!!!
School: Midwestern AZ
Residency: FL
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/10
Application complete date: 07/27
GPA (science, overall): 3.77 overall; 3.66 science
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/21/19/ yes QR (16)
Dates available OR your interview date: Starting 09/10 through mid November
Your interview date: 09/10

Interview #1 (AH!)
Residency: TN
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/16
Application complete date: 06/24
GPA (science, overall): 3.80 science, 3.88 overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/18/23/QR is 16.
Dates available OR your interview date: Beginning 09/10 through mid November

Last edited:
Interview #1
Residency: SC
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/29
Application complete date: 7/17
GPA (science, overall): 3.90 science, 3.92 overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/20/19/18/QR is 16.
Dates available OR your interview date:Beginning 09/10 through mid November

I submitted 07/10 and last week I got an email about my app being complete and ready for review. I did not receive any email about being waitlisted. I know the waiting time is hard, but the cycle just started.
Good luck everybody!!

Interview #2
School:
Midwestern AZ
Residency: Florida
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/16
Application complete date: 6/16
GPA (overall, science): 3.72, 3.68
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/23/21/30/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/15/2020 through mid November
Method of Interview: Virtual

Interview #1
Residency: ND
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/26
Application complete date: 7/06
GPA (science, overall): 3.76 science, 3.78 overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/22/20/18/QR is 14.
Dates available OR your interview date:Beginning 09/10 through mid November

Interview #1
School:
Midwestern AZ
Residency: AR
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/1
Application complete date: 7/15
GPA (science, overall): 3.75 sGPA, 3.59 oGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26/28/27/23/ none below 17

how much is the tuition? I see everyone commenting on the price tag but I saw that it is 80K? Is that right? I feel like the majority of private programs are around that if not more?

80K sounds about right for most private programs. Based on the estimates the schools list, when you add up the fees and pencil in living expenses you generally land somewhere around 100-110K a year.
Here is a link to MWU-AZ tuition information!

I wish you all the best of luck with your interviews!!

Last edited:
Interview #1
School:
Midwestern AZ
Notification date: 8/5/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: TX
Application complete date:
6/26/2020
GPA (science, overall): 3.57 sGPA, 2.98 oGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/23/22/20/No
Dates available OR your interview date: Not yet set

80K sounds about right for most private programs. Based on the estimates the schools list, when you add up the fees and pencil in living expenses you generally land somewhere around 100-110K a year.
Here is a link to MWU-AZ tuition information!

I wish you all the best of luck with your interviews!!
Haha got a pm from another fellow SDNer. Got a breakdown of the budget and its around 130k.. lots of tuition and fees

Interview #1
School:
MWU - Glendale
Notification date: 8/4/20
Residency: Utah
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/22/20
Application complete date: 6/26/20
GPA (science, overall): 3.64, 3.18
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/23/20/23/None
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/6/20

Interview #2
School:
Midwestern University
Notification date: 8/5/20
Residency: UT
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/19/2020
Application complete date: 6/24/20
GPA (science, overall): 3.20, 3.35
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/20/19/19/none
Interview date: 10/20/20

Has anyone who has gotten an interview through their portal still have not received an email? I haven't and was wondering if I was the only one.
I did schedule my interview on the portal (for the last part of Sept) and received a confirmation email after that, just no email initially stating anything.

Has anyone who has gotten an interview through their portal still have not received an email? I haven't and was wondering if I was the only one.
I did schedule my interview on the portal (for the last part of Sept) and received a confirmation email after that, just no email initially stating anything.
There is no email initially, only after choosing interview. The invites were portal only

You got one before actually scheduling the interview?

Yes, I did but I don't think it matters whether you got that email or not. The point is you got an interview and that's a good thing.