Midwestern-Arizona Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Yes, I did but I don't think it matters whether you got that email or not. The point is you got an interview and that's a good thing.
Thats weird I haven't seen anyone get one for the interview, only the portal indicated that and then confirmation email after. What did the email say?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Thats weird I haven't seen anyone get one for the interview, only the portal indicated that and then confirmation email after. What did the email say?
Yes this is exactly my experience!

Here you go.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 4.20.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 4.20.32 PM.png
    387.8 KB · Views: 207
Members don't see this ad :)

I'm thinking it might be because I'm an international student. It might explain.

I'm thinking it might be because I'm an international student. It might explain.
That may have something to do with it - I'm going to wait it out and see if one ever comes. I think as long as I've got that scheduled and the confirmation from the scheduling it should be ok. Thank you for helping!!!

That may have something to do with it - I'm going to wait it out and see if one ever comes. I think as long as I've got that scheduled and the confirmation from the scheduling it should be ok. Thank you for helping!!!
I’m not an international student and I didn’t get one. Maybe we are fine if we scheduled it?

I’m not an international student and I didn’t get one. Maybe we are fine if we scheduled it?
That's what I'm thinking, especially since @ktran15's email has that little blurb about the international students at the bottom. Either way, I believe we'll be fine since we have scheduled the interview! :) I'm happy for y'all and will keep ya updated if any email does ever come!

Interview #1
School:
Midwestern AZ
Notification date: 8/5/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Colorado
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/18
Application complete date: 7/8
Undergraduate GPA (overall, science): 3.2, 2.9
Masters GPA (overall, science): 3.47, 3.47
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/18/21/22/NA
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/20

Interview #2
School:
Midwestern University
Notification date: 8/5/20
Residency: UT
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/19/2020
Application complete date: 6/24/20
GPA (science, overall): 3.20, 3.35
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/20/19/19/none
Interview date: 10/20/20
Method of interview: Virtual
Looks like we have the same interview date! :)

Just checked portal to see if I got invitation, and I was able to set the date! Didnt get email notification yet though

Reactions: 1 users
Interview #1
School: Midwestern AZ
Notification date: 8/12/2020
Residency: CA
Application complete date: 8/8/2020
GPA (science, overall): 3.33 sGPA, 3.47 oGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/22/25/23/No
Dates available OR your interview date: 1/12 through 1/28/2021

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone, I just received an interview invitation to MWU AZ, however, the only dates available are in January which is post December. Did anyone face the same problem?

Hey everyone, I just received an interview invitation to MWU AZ, however, the only dates available are in January which is post December. Did anyone face the same problem?
first come, first serve... started in September and as more people get interviews, the available dates will be later and later

Did anyone else not get an email but only received the invite through the portal?

Did anyone else not get an email but only received the invite through the portal?

Me still. I did get a confirmation email after I scheduled my interview, though! Just nothing initially still.

Me still. I did get a confirmation email after I scheduled my interview, though! Just nothing initially still.
Same. Wondering if that's fine as long as it showed up on portal and we got confirmation email!

Same. Wondering if that's fine as long as it showed up on portal and we got confirmation email!
I’m thinking it’s okay tbh. It would be different if it didn’t show up on the portal, you know?

If my interview dates are from January, does that mean I'm on the secondary interview list?

Anyone able to click on the "interview information" tab on the MWU portal and see info or is it empty?

Interview #1
Notification date: 8/18/2020
Residency: IL
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/09
Application complete date: 08/12
GPA (science, overall): 3.72 science, 3.80 overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/21/21/19/QR is 14.
Dates available OR your interview date:Beginning 01/25/2021

Interview #1
Notification date: 8/12/2020
Residency: CA
Application complete date: 8/8/2020
GPA (science, overall): 3.33 sGPA, 3.47 oGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/22/25/23/No
Dates available OR your interview date: 1/12 through 1/28/2021
Man... we really have to wait till next year!!! IM already super doper excited to get the interview done tomorrow haha!

Anyone able to click on the "interview information" tab on the MWU portal and see info or is it empty?

I am hoping they send us more info on the interview soon. Anyone else interviewing on Sep 8th?

Interview #2
School:
MWU - Glendale
Notification date: 8/4/20
Method of notification: None - had to check my portal
Residency: MO
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/16/20
Application complete date: 6/25/20
GPA (science, overall): 3.66, 3.88
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/20/21/None
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/8/20

Is it bad that the only available interview dates are in January 2021? It seems like everyone is interviewing in September and November.

Is it bad that the only available interview dates are in January 2021? It seems like everyone is interviewing in September and November.
Do you know how many interviews they send out each year?

I’ve been wondering the same thing. Any stats on this?

I have heard they typically interview around 600 or half of those who apply with qualifying stats. Not sure how accurate this is.

I got my invite the first day so there were multiple dates open. A student there told me they sent out around 300 interviews in a very short amount of time. This is probably why they filled up so fast. On the bright side, Midwestern is known to accept people on the spot or within very short notice for their post December interviews.

I got my invite the first day so there were multiple dates open. A student there told me they sent out around 300 interviews in a very short amount of time. This is probably why they filled up so fast. On the bright side, Midwestern is known to accept people on the spot or within very short notice for their post December interviews.
So does that mean the chances of getting accepted is statistically low for post-December interviews?

So does that mean the chances of getting accepted is statistically low for post-December interviews?

Good question. I really have no idea but it seems like a lot of people were accepted post December last year. I have a feeling since the school is so expensive that there is a fair portion of acceptances that get rejected because of people with multiple acceptances deciding on other programs, like their state schools.

I submitted my supp. application Monday and I got an email yesterday from the dean regarding my application but he said it was all good. I was surprised to hear back so soon, especially considering it was the dean.
Did you put anything for the last question "Is there any additional information that you would like Midwestern University to have that is not included in the AADSAS application?"? I'm not quite sure what they mean by this.

Did you put anything for the last question "Is there any additional information that you would like Midwestern University to have that is not included in the AADSAS application?"? I'm not quite sure what they mean by this.
I didn’t put anything for that

did you have anything that needed to be explained or no?
No, I didn’t. I had all my info in my AADSAS one, I think I just put N/A. But if you have something else community service related I’d for sure add that in there.

I can confirm 600 interviews are issued each year. MWU has an acceptance rate of 50% of those interviewed. It does not matter whether it’s pre or post Dec. Some may be placed on a waitlist though and let the cycle shake out whether those accepted will take their seat or pass on it before getting an acceptance.

Fun story: I remember a person in the cycle ahead of mine who got her acceptance one week before orientation and said if she can get there in time, she has a seat. She quit her job, bought a flight cross country, classmates helped give her a place to stay and help her locate people looking for roommates, and let her borrow things until she could get the rest of her belongings moved down. It’s a crazy scenario but this demonstrates it can happen up until school starts.

Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone gotten the specific link/schedule for their interview yet?

Anyone got a re-schedule date email? I made mine much sooner!!

Interview #1
School:
Midwestern AZ
Notification date: 8/5/2020
Residency:
UT
Application complete date:
7/21//2020
GPA (science, overall): 3.9 sGPA, 3.87 oGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26/24/24/23/no
Dates available OR your interview date: 11/5/2020

Hi guys,
Did anyone get an interview here from the waitlist? Thanks!

How long did it take them to receive your DAT scores? My scores were posted last week and automatically were sent to them, but it has yet to update on my portal
The same thing happened to me. I just emailed them to make sure they received it and once I did that my adsas was updated :)