Midwestern-Arizona Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Anyone know if Midwestern's interviews are opened or closed file?

I believe they are closed file with the possibility that they have read your personal statement.

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted my application and a week later I got an interview invite. I just now watched the virtual tour of the campus and it is beautiful. Midwestern is definitely the school I want to be a part of!

Reactions: 1 user
did anyone have their interview yesterday that is willing to lmk how it went or give me some advice? i have my interview next week on 9/15 but i know they started their interview process yesterday.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have not. My interview is Sep 8th so hoping to hear from them soon.
Hi there,

How did the interview go?
What was the overall format?

Stressful or pretty laid back?

Mine is coming up soon...

Hope it went well for you!

Hi there,

How did the interview go?
What was the overall format?

Stressful or pretty laid back?

Mine is coming up soon...

Hope it went well for you!
the interview was pretty relaxed! 2 faculty, 1 D2 student. i felt a little intimidated at first but the student being a part of the panel really helped. there were a few scenario questions but mostly questions about yourself and details about what led you up to this point. good luck!! :)

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
the interview was pretty relaxed! 2 faculty, 1 D2 student. i felt a little intimidated at first but the student being a part of the panel really helped. there were a few scenario questions but mostly questions about yourself and details about what led you up to this point. good luck!! :)
Scenarios like ethical questions? Was it an open-file interview? Are you going to be with group of students during the interview? Like I mean you will have 10 people listening to your answers?

Scenarios like ethical questions? Was it an open-file interview? Are you going to be with group of students during the interview? Like I mean you will have 10 people listening to your answers?
yeah basically along the lines of "what would you do if xyz happened", like if you were a manager/head of a company! mine seemed like it was closed-file, it felt like they were just getting to know me :) the other students will go into a breakout room when you do your interview so it's only you with the interviewers.

• Care
yeah basically along the lines of "what would you do if xyz happened", like if you were a manager/head of a company! mine seemed like it was closed-file, it felt like they were just getting to know me :) the other students will go into a breakout room when you do your interview so it's only you with the interviewers.
How long was the interview between you and the interviewers? I’m anxious about having the interview being 3 hours and running out of topics :( And I also I don’t want to be controlling the conversation because I’m assuming they won’t like me for that. Is this a good thing to do?

I have a question about the question when it comes to patients who can’t afford care.. if it is your private practice, are you legally able to donate the time and resources to that patient or no? basically can you work for free if it’s your own practice?

How long was the interview between you and the interviewers? I’m anxious about having the interview being 3 hours and running out of topics :( And I also I don’t want to be controlling the conversation because I’m assuming they won’t like me for that. Is this a good thing to do?
my interview slot was 45 min! the last few minutes you kind of guide the interview by asking questions, and the time went by super fast. after all the interviews are done you get to talk with both of the D2's to ask questions.

• Care
my interview slot was 45 min! the last few minutes you kind of guide the interview by asking questions, and the time went by super fast. after all the interviews are done you get to talk with both of the D2's to ask questions.
you're awesome and helpful! I need to learn to stress less haha. Seriously thank you, I genuinely hope they accept you!!

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Sept 30th!! im nervous for you haha!! But I feel like the sooner it comes the more pumped up and excited I become!
I totally feel you haha! I promise you once the first one is over you feel more relaxed for the others. I don’t feel completely horrified now that I’ve got the first one over with, but of course it’s natural to still be nervous (which I totally am!) youve got this :) wishing you the best of luck!

• Care
I totally feel you haha! I promise you once the first one is over you feel more relaxed for the others. I don’t feel completely horrified now that I’ve got the first one over with, but of course it’s natural to still be nervous (which I totally am!) youve got this :) wishing you the best of luck!
Good for you! I know you will have a great convo with faculty with that positive confidence. I'm looking forward to hearing back from you after the interview. Despite the high tuition cost, Arizona is one of my number #1 university to attend. Good luck!@!!!

Good for you! I know you will have a great convo with faculty with that positive confidence. I'm looking forward to hearing back from you after the interview. Despite the high tuition cost, Arizona is one of my number #1 university to attend. Good luck!@!!!
Omg how sweet :,) THANK YOU! I will for sure PM you sometime after my interview to fill you in on how the day went :)

• Care
I keep seeing people fill out a suppplemental application and I never had to do that???
I applied and got notified 8/18 for an invitation for an interview (I submitted 8/11).
I had it today and it definitely is a different experience being virtually interviewed. I heard past years there was an essay and they didn't offer me one this year... should I be worried??

here's some stats and I'm happy to share anything else.
Interview #1
School: Midwestern AZ
Notification date: 8/18/20
Method of notification: Email
Residency: AZ
Application complete date: 8/10/20
GPA (science, overall): 4.0 for both
PCAT: composite 93; bio 93, chem 70, reading 92, math 95, writing 3 (mean 2.5)
Dates available OR your interview date: today
Method of interview: Virtual

I keep seeing people fill out a suppplemental application and I never had to do that???
I applied and got notified 8/18 for an invitation for an interview (I submitted 8/11).
I had it today and it definitely is a different experience being virtually interviewed. I heard past years there was an essay and they didn't offer me one this year... should I be worried??

Interview #1
You may be on the wrong thread? I'm assuming you're a pharmacy applicant since you took the PCAT. This thread is for the dental school.

Reactions: 2 users

Interview #1
I was quite shocked that Midwestern accepts PCAT scores for dental schooll haha. Wrong forum bud :)

Hi guys! I received an interview invite this morning from Midwestern, but the earliest available interview dates were all the way in FEBRUARY!! Is that weird? All of the other schools I've received interviews from were scheduled in September or October. I emailed them asking if I was doing something wrong, but has anyone gotten an invite recently and had the same problem? Thanks!

Interview #3
Notification date: 9/22/2020
Residency: NC
Application complete date: 08/06 (took DAT 07/24 but it took them that long to verify scores)
GPA (overall, science): 3.59 / 3.64
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/21/22/26/none
Dates available OR your interview date: February 9th 2021 was the earliest available....
Method of Interview: Virtual

Hi guys! I received an interview invite this morning from Midwestern, but the earliest available interview dates were all the way in FEBRUARY!! Is that weird? All of the other schools I've received interviews from were scheduled in September or October. I emailed them asking if I was doing something wrong, but has anyone gotten an invite recently and had the same problem? Thanks!

Interview #3
School:
Midwestern AZ
Notification date: 9/22/2020
Residency: NC
Application complete date: 08/06 (took DAT 07/24 but it took them that long to verify scores)
GPA (overall, science): 3.59 / 3.64
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/21/22/26/none
Dates available OR your interview date: February 9th 2021 was the earliest available....

No it's not weird at all. It's because they interview a lot of people. The interviews started from this September until Feb or March

Interview #1
School:
Midwestern AZ
Notification date: 9/26/2020
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 9/4
Application complete date: 9/22
GPA (science, overall): 3.67 overall; 3.62 science
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/21/18/ no
Dates available OR your interview date: Feb 15th

Interview #1
Notification date: 8/13/20
Residency: California :)
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/6/20
Application complete date: 8/11/20
GPA (overall, science): 3.70 / 3.76 / 4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26 / 25 / 20 / 30 / NONE
Dates available OR your interview date: 1/7/20

I received an email from midwestern yesterday about their 2 year biomedical sciences masters program. Do y’all think this is a soft rejection or just a generic promotional email?

I received an email from midwestern yesterday about their 2 year biomedical sciences masters program. Do y’all think this is a soft rejection or just a generic promotional email?
I got it too.. just today tho

For those who’ve already interviewed, how far in advance did you receive your zoom links? Thanks!

Has anyone who got waitlisted for interview got an interview yet?

Almost no one is turning down interviews this year because they are all virtual and you don’t have to spend money traveling. That being said, I would assume that a lot of people will have multiple offers and there will be more waitlist movement this year too. I would expect a lot of movement come December and January, but also who knows I could be completely wrong.

Reactions: 8 users
I got waitlisted for an interview early on and got invited to interview on Oct. 1st! The available options were January and February dates.

Reactions: 3 users
Interview #1
Notification date: 8/5/20
Residency: California
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/23/20
Application complete date: 7/16/20
GPA (overall, science): 3.20 / 3.38
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25 / 23 / 20 / 30 / NONE
Dates available OR your interview date: 11/30/20

Hi guys! If I was waitlisted for an interview on 10/29, do you think I should send a letter of interest before or after December 15th?Thanks in advance 😊

Hi guys! If I was waitlisted for an interview on 10/29, do you think I should send a letter of interest before or after December 15th?Thanks in advance 😊
I guess you are gonna get an interview without sending a letter of interest. MW is famous for its huge move on waitlist and with considering that all people has accepted their interviewes this year, they probably need to interviw all the waitlisted people.

Welcome to the Class of 2025 official thread!

Based on previous years, typically most admission offers are made by the end of December of the year prior to matriculation, so lets get this started!

Link to SDN interview prep
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)
Link to MWU-AZ Class of 2024 thread
Link to MWU-AZ Class of 2023 thread
Link to MWU-AZ Class of 2022 thread
Link to current weather in Glendale (spoiler alert - it's probably hot!)

Admission Requirements:
Letters of Recommendation:
  • Submit two letters of recommendation, one must be from either a pre-dental advisory committee or a science professor.
  • The other, preferentially, should be from either someone with a DO/MD, DDS/DMD degree and/or someone who can testify to the integrity and ethical standards of the applicant
Science courses (semester credit hours/quarter credit hours):
  • Biology with lab (8/12), General chemistry with lab (8/12), Organic chemistry with lab (4/6), Anatomy (3/4), Microbiology (3/4), Physics (8/12), Physiology (3/4), Biochemistry (3/4), English comp/technical writing (6/9)
  • No grade lower than C will be accepted for any prerequisite course. A grade of C– will not be accepted.
Dental Aptitude Test (DAT)
  • Scores in the area of 20 or higher are desired for the Academic Average, Reading Comprehension, and Perceptual Ability sections

Some fast facts:
Class Size: 143
Average BCP-GPA for c/o 2023 3.41
Board Statistics for Class of 2019:
ADEX first time pass rate 98.9%
WREB first time pass rate Clinical Board Exams 96.5%
NDBE Part I Pass Rate 92.2%
NDBE Part II Pass Rate 95%
ADEX/WREB/NDBE Pass Rate by Graduation Day 100%

Feel free to ask any questions and best of luck!
Is the BCP gpa the most important GPA for this school?

For those that have already been interviewed, does anyone know when we should hear back?

Has anyone else here been invited for an interview but there aren't any times yet to sign up on their website portal?

Has anyone else here been invited for an interview but there aren't any times yet to sign up on their website portal?
That happened to me! It took a few weeks and I kept checking the website, but they actually email to notify you when more dates open up and you can log on to the portal to schedule.

I heard Midwestern has sent out rejection letters, is that true

Has anyone who has interviewed been rejected here?

I'm just asking to make sure we're on the same boat 😂 please dont take this seriously