Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Midwestern CPG, AZ c/o 2014
Started by mandydp6
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Wow that was fast! Just got the phone call... I'm in! 🙂
Wow that was fast! Just got the phone call... I'm in! 🙂
OMG that is amazingly fast !
You must be the candidate they have been waiting for.
Congrats !!
👍👍👍
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sounds like all desert to me.![]()
Why yes, it is. And the desert is beautiful !!!
Wow that was fast! Just got the phone call... I'm in! 🙂
Way to go!
Better than Texas!!!![]()
Why yes, it is. And the desert is beautiful !!!
👎thumbdown👎thumbdown
Wow that was fast! Just got the phone call... I'm in! 🙂
Congrats lauradiddle!!!



Will add you to the roll call for this school. I also encourage those who have already been accepted to let me know so you can get added as well.
:/ they mailed my pharmcas application a week ago and i still haven't heard from MWU, yet.
I guess I might not get an interview invite, cause it seems like they reply fast once they received the application. 🙁
They only respond quick with interview invited I think. If your stats are on the lower side you may be on hold in which you would receive a letter, but that takes longer.
I got an interview invite! I have a crazy schedule so I'm going the last day available 12/16.
Congrats! What other dates in December are available?
They only respond quick with interview invited I think. If your stats are on the lower side you may be on hold in which you would receive a letter, but that takes longer.
oh okay, probably that is the reason why I have not received an interview invite. 🙁 How long did it take you when you found out that your application was on hold before?
oh okay, probably that is the reason why I have not received an interview invite. 🙁 How long did it take you when you found out that your application was on hold before?
Well I guess I received the letter about a week after but that's keeping in mind that 1) it was back in August when the applicant pool probably wasn't near as big as it is now, and 2) I basically live next door.
I would think you should still hear something by the end of this week maybe? If not, you can always call 🙂
Hey everyone, if anyone is still waiting, the october scores are available.
I am so sad. One of my scores really dropped down, even though I had a net increase of 1 pt in my composite.
ARRRGGGHGHGHG
I am so sad. One of my scores really dropped down, even though I had a net increase of 1 pt in my composite.
ARRRGGGHGHGHG

Hey everyone, if anyone is still waiting, the october scores are available.
I am so sad. One of my scores really dropped down, even though I had a net increase of 1 pt in my composite.
ARRRGGGHGHGHG![]()
Oh, how I feel your pain!!! I can honestly say that one of the things that made me most happy when I found out I was accepted was that I would NEVER have to deal with that dumb ass exam again!! UGHHH worst experience ever.
I don't know what your composite is, but I do know that people have already been accepted this year with composite scores around 60.
EDIT: UMMMM I just went to the PCAT forum and read what your composite is. And I would like to say that you are one of the many people who really amaze me (and by amaze me, I really mean get under my skin!), complaining about an 85 composite! Seriously...
Sorry that wasn't nice, but you just brought back memories of the August test with people saying "OMG, I got a 98 composite! Will my low score in math make me not get accepted???" YES! IT WILL! OBVIOUSLY!
Ok, done venting...
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I contacted the admissions office yesterday again since I still haven't heard from them and my application is on hold.
I made a 60 on the PCAT the first time around, so maybe that score isn't good enough anymore this late in the game.
I went down a couple point on the composite for the October test so I think my chances with this school are done. 🙁
I got an invite for the Downer's Grove school....so maybe I'll have some luck there.
I have a 3.3 on my undergrad and a 3.7 on prereq's after my degree.
I made a 60 on the PCAT the first time around, so maybe that score isn't good enough anymore this late in the game.
I went down a couple point on the composite for the October test so I think my chances with this school are done. 🙁
I got an invite for the Downer's Grove school....so maybe I'll have some luck there.
I have a 3.3 on my undergrad and a 3.7 on prereq's after my degree.
Do you have pharmacy experience? Your stats are pretty good. Apply to a few other schools, I am sure you will get some invites.
I contacted the admissions office yesterday again since I still haven't heard from them and my application is on hold.
I made a 60 on the PCAT the first time around, so maybe that score isn't good enough anymore this late in the game.
I went down a couple point on the composite for the October test so I think my chances with this school are done. 🙁
I got an invite for the Downer's Grove school....so maybe I'll have some luck there.
I have a 3.3 on my undergrad and a 3.7 on prereq's after my degree.
Oh, how I feel your pain!!! I can honestly say that one of the things that made me most happy when I found out I was accepted was that I would NEVER have to deal with that dumb ass exam again!! UGHHH worst experience ever.
I don't know what your composite is, but I do know that people have already been accepted this year with composite scores around 60.
EDIT: UMMMM I just went to the PCAT forum and read what your composite is. And I would like to say that you are one of the many people who really amaze me (and by amaze me, I really mean get under my skin!), complaining about an 85 composite! Seriously...
Sorry that wasn't nice, but you just brought back memories of the August test with people saying "OMG, I got a 98 composite! Will my low score in math make me not get accepted???" YES! IT WILL! OBVIOUSLY!
Ok, done venting...
Sorry Mandy, I am sincere though. My math was really truly wretched, and I had heard the were "concerned" with scores below 50. Well, my QA score was well below 50 so I was really worried. Plus no undergrad degree, etc. I think it is probably better to have a lower composite but show as a well rounded candidate, then to have freakishly high scores in one area, and *****ically low scores in another, YKWIM?
HOWEVER ,
I just got my interview invite !!!!

Sorry Mandy, I am sincere though. My math was really truly wretched, and I had heard the were "concerned" with scores below 50. Well, my QA score was well below 50 so I was really worried. Plus no undergrad degree, etc. I think it is probably better to have a lower composite but show as a well rounded candidate, then to have freakishly high scores in one area, and *****ically low scores in another, YKWIM?
HOWEVER ,
I just got my interview invite !!!!
![]()
Congratulations! You got it 👍
Sorry Mandy, I am sincere though. My math was really truly wretched, and I had heard the were "concerned" with scores below 50. Well, my QA score was well below 50 so I was really worried. Plus no undergrad degree, etc. I think it is probably better to have a lower composite but show as a well rounded candidate, then to have freakishly high scores in one area, and *****ically low scores in another, YKWIM?
HOWEVER ,
I just got my interview invite !!!!
![]()
Eh, if you ask me, composite is all that matters. Who the heck am I though?
But clearly, I'm kinda right if you got the invite!!! Lol
Congrats, what date??
I just got my interview invite !!!!
Congratulations!! All the very best for Friday!!👍👍👍
Oh, how I feel your pain!!! I can honestly say that one of the things that made me most happy when I found out I was accepted was that I would NEVER have to deal with that dumb ass exam again!! UGHHH worst experience ever.
I don't know what your composite is, but I do know that people have already been accepted this year with composite scores around 60.
EDIT: UMMMM I just went to the PCAT forum and read what your composite is. And I would like to say that you are one of the many people who really amaze me (and by amaze me, I really mean get under my skin!), complaining about an 85 composite! Seriously...
Sorry that wasn't nice, but you just brought back memories of the August test with people saying "OMG, I got a 98 composite! Will my low score in math make me not get accepted???" YES! IT WILL! OBVIOUSLY!
Ok, done venting...
Well someone is pretty PO'd.
Mandy you crack me up.
Congratulations! You got it 👍
Eh, if you ask me, composite is all that matters. Who the heck am I though?
But clearly, I'm kinda right if you got the invite!!! Lol
Congrats, what date??
I just got my interview invite !!!!
Congratulations!! All the very best for Friday!!👍👍👍
All the best to all the interviewees for tomorrow and day after tomorrow!👍
Thanks everybody! I am so excited. I chose this friday since they still had spaces, and I figured I would be a basket case the longer I waited.
I think they still have interviews open though most of December as well.
Anyone else going to be there friday with me ?![]()
Eh, if you ask me, composite is all that matters. Who the heck am I though?
I think it is. There's no way my 55 in chemistry was to my benefit. 😳
I think it is. There's no way my 55 in chemistry was to my benefit. 😳
I met with an admissions counselor in the spring to review my plan and make sure there wasn't anything missing. We talked about the PCAT at that time and she stated they "viewed any sub 50 scores with concern". So this is the reason I freaked when I got some sub 50's. Meh. If I had known the didn't worry that much about it I could have saved 150$ and a whole lot of anxiety and just not retaken the dang thing.
Live and learn

I met with an admissions counselor in the spring to review my plan and make sure there wasn't anything missing. We talked about the PCAT at that time and she stated they "viewed any sub 50 scores with concern". So this is the reason I freaked when I got some sub 50's. Meh. If I had known the didn't worry that much about it I could have saved 150$ and a whole lot of anxiety and just not retaken the dang thing.
Live and learn![]()
Ok, well then I understand your concern. But to make you more at ease, I had more than one subscore lower than a 50 🙂
Ok, well then I understand your concern. But to make you more at ease, I had more than one subscore lower than a 50 🙂
Well, that is reassuring.
Hey Amanda, am I correct in thinking you work a a lovely hospital off 56th street ?
Well, that is reassuring.
Hey Amanda, am I correct in thinking you work a a lovely hospital off 56th street ?
Mayo? Nope, I work at the VA hospital off 7th st...a far cry from "lovely" but it's been great for me 🙂
So did you pick a date to interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mayo? Nope, I work at the VA hospital off 7th st...a far cry from "lovely" but it's been great for me 🙂
So did you pick a date to interview?
Wow- I wonder where I got that from. Must have been someone else on the boards. I have a couple folks I worked with who are at Mayo now and I was going to ask you to pass on a "hi".... Nevermind...
Are you thinking of doing a residency at the VA when you are done with school? Would you get special consideration for having worked there? That could be pretty cool.🙂
I picked Friday. The day after tomorrow.

So tomorrow, I need to pick up a new blouse and shoes. And go to school. And lunch with a friend. And entertain my mum in the evening. The time is going to fly by, and then I will have a new thing to obsess over.
I don't know if it will be good or bad that I am working all weekend. Less time to brood anyway.

Wow- I wonder where I got that from. Must have been someone else on the boards. I have a couple folks I worked with who are at Mayo now and I was going to ask you to pass on a "hi".... Nevermind...
Are you thinking of doing a residency at the VA when you are done with school? Would you get special consideration for having worked there? That could be pretty cool.🙂
I picked Friday. The day after tomorrow.
So tomorrow, I need to pick up a new blouse and shoes. And go to school. And lunch with a friend. And entertain my mum in the evening. The time is going to fly by, and then I will have a new thing to obsess over.
I don't know if it will be good or bad that I am working all weekend. Less time to brood anyway.![]()
Oh hell ya!!! No time like the present! That's kinda what I did. When I got the invite I picked the closest date I could which happened to be less than a week away. No point in delaying the process!!!
Good luck! I really hope today's and tomorrow's interviews find out soon like last weeks! Or even like that one from October when they found out the same day! That was insane.
I hope my pal ASUGRL is knocking 'em dead in the interview right now!
I am actually applying for some scholarships through the military right now, which if I get them, I will go back into the service after graduation. They're very competitive though so I'm not too optimistic. If I don't get one of them, I'm totally undecided what I want to do after graduation - applying for a residency at the VA is certainly an option though.
Rxlea, another SDN user who was accepted into the UofA last year works at Mayo, maybe that's where you got that from?
packing for my interview tomorrow! I was just wondering, should I bring an interview portfolio? I have a nice black one from my alma mater
Yes, a portfolio will be perfect! I didn't want to bring a purse, however some females at my interview did, so I think it is just whatever you're more comfy with 🙂
Yes, a portfolio will be perfect! I didn't want to bring a purse, however some females at my interview did, so I think it is just whatever you're more comfy with 🙂
I love the idea of taking a portfolio instead, but where the heck would I put my keys and stuff ??
Dang womens suits, no real pockets.
packing for my interview tomorrow! I was just wondering, should I bring an interview portfolio? I have a nice black one from my alma mater
Woo Hoo ! Are you going friday as well? Its nice to hear someone else from here will be there friday.
See you there !
Oh hell ya!!! No time like the present! That's kinda what I did. When I got the invite I picked the closest date I could which happened to be less than a week away. No point in delaying the process!!!
Good luck! I really hope today's and tomorrow's interviews find out soon like last weeks! Or even like that one from October when they found out the same day! That was insane.
I hope my pal ASUGRL is knocking 'em dead in the interview right now!
I am actually applying for some scholarships through the military right now, which if I get them, I will go back into the service after graduation. They're very competitive though so I'm not too optimistic. If I don't get one of them, I'm totally undecided what I want to do after graduation - applying for a residency at the VA is certainly an option though.
Rxlea, another SDN user who was accepted into the UofA last year works at Mayo, maybe that's where you got that from?
If you were thinking of re-upping, did you look at http://www.usuhs.mil/ or do they not have a pharmacy school? My brother went there, pretty nice to get an MD w/o any student loans.
Anyway, I bet you will have lots of choices. I am toying with a residency if I could get one here in PXH. I don't mind the low pay for a year, but I don't think I could move somewhere to take it...
Yeah, cart, horse, etc....
I think Rxlea is who I was thinking of. Another person in my mind catagorized as "very well informed" 🙂 so good company, etc.
If you were thinking of re-upping, did you look at http://www.usuhs.mil/ or do they not have a pharmacy school? My brother went there, pretty nice to get an MD w/o any student loans.
Anyway, I bet you will have lots of choices. I am toying with a residency if I could get one here in PXH. I don't mind the low pay for a year, but I don't think I could move somewhere to take it...
Yeah, cart, horse, etc....
I think Rxlea is who I was thinking of. Another person in my mind catagorized as "very well informed" 🙂 so good company, etc.
No they don't have a pharmacy school.
I just removed my car key and alarm remote from my key ring and put them in a pocket in the portfolio. Other than that, there's not really anything else you need to bring in. I brought my ID, my resume, and some blank paper and a pen, and didn't need any of it.
Paid my deposit, looks like I'm going all the way with this PharmD business. Anyone need a roommate for next year? lol
Paid my deposit, looks like I'm going all the way with this PharmD business. Anyone need a roommate for next year? lol
Congrats noodles ! Good luck on the room mate search.
Good luck to everyone tomorrow! The interview today was pretty awesome, and all of the students that came to talk to us rocked! The ladies that did my interview were all great, and they really made me feel more at ease..I was a nervous wreck, but everyone there makes it a really calming experience..and I could not have done any of this without my girl Amanda so any advice she has posted, USE IT! 👍
Happy Birthday Miss Amanda! 🙂
Happy Birthday Miss Amanda! 🙂
Good luck to everyone tomorrow! The interview today was pretty awesome, and all of the students that came to talk to us rocked! The ladies that did my interview were all great, and they really made me feel more at ease..I was a nervous wreck, but everyone there makes it a really calming experience..and I could not have done any of this without my girl Amanda so any advice she has posted, USE IT! 👍
Happy Birthday Miss Amanda! 🙂
Thanks for the feedback Asugrl ! I am alternately excited and nervous about tomorrow.
I forgot about Amanda's birthday, HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!

Good luck to everyone tomorrow! The interview today was pretty awesome, and all of the students that came to talk to us rocked! The ladies that did my interview were all great, and they really made me feel more at ease..I was a nervous wreck, but everyone there makes it a really calming experience..and I could not have done any of this without my girl Amanda so any advice she has posted, USE IT! 👍
Happy Birthday Miss Amanda! 🙂
Awwww best birthday present EVER!!!
Thanks Liz 🙂 🙂 🙂
I'm so glad everything thing went smoothly, you're in like flynn, I know it!
Thanks for the feedback Asugrl ! I am alternately excited and nervous about tomorrow.
I forgot about Amanda's birthday, HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!![]()
Thanks a lot! Very nice of you 🙂
Best of luck tomorrow!!! I hope it goes really well so we can add you to the Facebook page!!
Well, all is said and done.
Interview was good, I think.
I met lizp, she is a nice girl.
Hopefully we will get some word sooner rather than later. They did say they probably won't make any decisions for a week or two.
Glad it's all done.
🙂
Interview was good, I think.
I met lizp, she is a nice girl.
Hopefully we will get some word sooner rather than later. They did say they probably won't make any decisions for a week or two.
Glad it's all done.
🙂
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, all is said and done.
Interview was good, I think.
I met lizp, she is a nice girl.
Hopefully we will get some word sooner rather than later. They did say they probably won't make any decisions for a week or two.
Glad it's all done.
🙂
Glad it went well! Will be awaiting your status updates...hope it's sooner rather than later too!
Well, all is said and done.
Interview was good, I think.
I met lizp, she is a nice girl.
Hopefully we will get some word sooner rather than later. They did say they probably won't make any decisions for a week or two.
Glad it's all done.
🙂
Great to know that your interview went well!
You must be feeling so relieved now!! 🙂 Good luck!
See you around on campus!Great to know that your interview went well!You must be feeling so relieved now!! 🙂 Good luck!
See you around on campus!
Jagpharm did you hear anything this week?
Jagpharm did you hear anything this week?
They said they would meet in two weeks to make a decision. So by next week, maybe....they will decide!!🙂
So I decided not to deposit today. I know I'm passing a great opportunity to study with awesome people like you guys but FL is more a place I want to go. Wish everyone a success in pharm school and in the future. Good luck to those who are waiting for a response from the school 🙂
Similar threads
- Locked
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 4K