Midwestern CPG, AZ c/o 2014

Started by mandydp6
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Who did you ask for your LOR? did you get only two people?
I called pharmCAS and they said they will mail out my application next week. Did you finish the supplemental for Creighton and MWU? 🙂

I asked one pharmacist and one of my science professors. The PharmD has not sent his in yet, and I can't get ahold of him, so I finally just asked another PharmD to do one, as I can't stand the waiting. My school LOR was done very promptly, so just need the professional one.
I am working on MWU, I am really close to just letting the Creighton one slide. It would be very problematic to finish my requireds in the time alotted, and if I am trying for them, I can't accept a MWU position in the fall( were they to offer me one🙄).
They also cost a bit more, and MWU is right down the street, so I think Creighton may have to go. If I had heard of the distance pathway a year ago, I wouldn't be in this bind, but I didn't finding out about them until a month ago .
I had a big test this week, so it has been eating my free time up, but now that it is over I will probably finish my supplemental this weekend.:xf:
 
Who else is interviewing on November 11th? ....A show of hands please....!

Jagpharm, I think we know each other. Did you have Dr. Doyle for Bio 182 ?
If you are who I think you are CONGRATULATIONS !!!

(Well, otherwise as well of course, I just don't know you 😉)
 
Hey guys, I've been looking around here for a while and finally registered. I just received a letter from Midwestern saying I'm on their waiting list. I'm not really sure how those work. What should I be expecting and do I still have a chance to get in?

Asuguy,
I can tell you that they pulled people off the waitlist as late as 2 weeks before the year started this spring. So don't get discouraged. Like Delano said, everyone they offer spots to won't take them, and you have 30 days to decide, so that locks up the spot for a month before they can reoffer.
If you are already on the list, I would assume that puts you very high on it, and therefore most likely to be called.
I don't know, are the wait lists vetted, with more desirable on top and less lower, or is it a function of time the WL decision was made. Any Adcoms want to chime in ??
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, I've been looking around here for a while and finally registered. I just received a letter from Midwestern saying I'm on their waiting list. I'm not really sure how those work. What should I be expecting and do I still have a chance to get in?

Hey asuguy,

What are your stats, experience, EC's, etc? Just like others said, don't lose hope. Look at the previous forums, and you'll see how late in the year things can change at various schools.
 
Hey guys, I've been looking around here for a while and finally registered. I just received a letter from Midwestern saying I'm on their waiting list. I'm not really sure how those work. What should I be expecting and do I still have a chance to get in?


When did you interview?
 
When did you interview?

Yeah, I wasn't clear on whether he was put on the waitlist prior to or after an interview. I haven't heard anyone else on hear say they received hold letters after the interview, it was only after they called that they found out their status. I think the only hold letters that have gone out are pre-interview holds.

Anyway, as pretty much everyone says, you could be removed at any time. I was removed right after my new PCAT scores arrived.
 
Jagpharm, I think we know each other. Did you have Dr. Doyle for Bio 182 ?
If you are who I think you are CONGRATULATIONS !!!

(Well, otherwise as well of course, I just don't know you 😉)

Are you referring to Dr. Doyle at PV? if you are, I had him for micro over the summer!! Probably my favorite class ever taken.
 
Are you referring to Dr. Doyle at PV? if you are, I had him for micro over the summer!! Probably my favorite class ever taken.

Yeah, thats the man. I really enjoy his teaching style. I am doing some lab assisting for his 182 class this fall. He is a fun guy (not to say a fungi...)
 
Yeah, I wasn't clear on whether he was put on the waitlist prior to or after an interview. I haven't heard anyone else on hear say they received hold letters after the interview, it was only after they called that they found out their status. I think the only hold letters that have gone out are pre-interview holds.

Anyway, as pretty much everyone says, you could be removed at any time. I was removed right after my new PCAT scores arrived.
I haven't interviewed yet. This is a pre-interview wait list. Submitted my supplemental app last week. My pcat score is kinda low but my GPA is not bad. And I have 5 years of hospital tech experience including IV room.
 
I haven't interviewed yet. This is a pre-interview wait list. Submitted my supplemental app last week. My pcat score is kinda low but my GPA is not bad. And I have 5 years of hospital tech experience including IV room.

Yeah, I thought it was pre-interview. Well, I don't know what you mean by "kinda low" but as I mentioned before, I was put on hold with my January PCAT scores, and it wasn't until my August scores came in that I received an interview. If you re-took the PCAT in October and are waiting on new scores, then I would venture to say you would get an interview invitation as soon as those new scores come in, provided they're better.
Maybe as the cycle progresses they will start interviewing those with lower numbers...not sure.
 
Yeah, thats the man. I really enjoy his teaching style. I am doing some lab assisting for his 182 class this fall. He is a fun guy (not to say a fungi...)

I liked him too...mostly because he didn't take **** from anyone. I really respected the fact that he would kick students out of class for talking or texting during class. I wish more professors acted like that!
 
I liked him too...mostly because he didn't take **** from anyone. I really respected the fact that he would kick students out of class for talking or texting during class. I wish more professors acted like that!

Couldn't agree more.. 👍👍
 
I'm still anxiously waiting on any kind of decision about an interview or hold. They have had all of my data for a few weeks and have not offered an interview and have not put my application on hold. I followed up with them and they said my application is still under review..........it seems like everyone else is hearing one way or another very quickly.
 
I'm still anxiously waiting on any kind of decision about an interview or hold. They have had all of my data for a few weeks and have not offered an interview and have not put my application on hold. I followed up with them and they said my application is still under review..........it seems like everyone else is hearing one way or another very quickly.

When did you turn in your supp?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just found out that I was accepted via the portal! Check your accepted student checklist if you interviewed on 10/21 or 10/22 guys!
 
Jagpharm, I think we know each other. Did you have Dr. Doyle for Bio 182 ?
If you are who I think you are CONGRATULATIONS !!!

(Well, otherwise as well of course, I just don't know you 😉)

Well of course we know each other pharmassist! 😀 Never thought it could be YOU!! Are you in the process of filling out your supplementary app.?
 
Well of course we know each other pharmassist! 😀 Never thought it could be YOU!! Are you in the process of filling out your supplementary app.?

Yep! That is my main project for this weekend. Hopefully once I do that I will get an interview too. Good luck on the 21th !
 
The 19th for Glendale and about three weeks before that for Chicago.
Ohh... maybe you should contact the admissions office. I sent in my supplementary on November 3 and got an invitation email today. From the other posts on SDN it seems like CPG responds back fairly quickly.
 
Ladies and Gents:
Delano took the time to make a roll call for the classes of 2014 and 2015 so if you've been accepted, feel free to send him a message so you can be added to the list!!
 
I just checked the online portal too... I'm in 😀 Congrats to everyone who just got in too.
 
The Pharm.D. program at the Chicago campus is 4 years, and the one at Glendale is only 3 years. But I have no idea what the tuition at Chicago is.

Hey guys, I was on the "Is this outrageous?" thread, and they were saying the Midwestern is calculated for 4 years? I thought our program was 3 years, so wouldn't it be tuition x 3?

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=774561

Unless Chicago is different... but that I'm not sure of.

Our tuition is kinda high isn't it? $41,000 eesh.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, I was on the "Is this outrageous?" thread, and they were saying the Midwestern is calculated for 4 years? I thought our program was 3 years, so wouldn't it be tuition x 3?

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=774561

Unless Chicago is different... but that I'm not sure of.

Our tuition is kinda high isn't it? $41,000 eesh.

Hah! :laugh: I was all set to correct the OP on that thread about the 3 year thing for CPG, when i slowed down long enough to check the CPC site and realized they are indeed 4 years. Curious they have a 3 year program and a 4 year program. I didn't bother posting after I realized my mistake.
And yeah, i think 41000/year is pretty sick but at least it is only for 3 years.
 
From my understanding, cost-wise both programs are similar. Chicago's tuition is around $31K a year for four years. Glendale's tuition is $41K for three years.
 
For anyone wondering, I just received my "official" letter of acceptance in the mail. Good thing I was notified via other means because the letter states I need to pay the deposit by November 5th, which would've been a little late now!
:laugh:
 
For anyone wondering, I just received my "official" letter of acceptance in the mail. Good thing I was notified via other means because the letter states I need to pay the deposit by November 5th, which would've been a little late now!
:laugh:

wow! that's surprisingly late. I received my letter last week and it was dated Oct 25th. Good thing we have the internet, I now weep for good ol trusty snail mail :laugh:
 
Well, I submitted my supplemental. Now I can really start biting my nails.😱

Hey, did anyone who still has courses to finish get an interview ?
I am worried they may put my application on the back burner until I have a grade in Organic chemistry.
 
For anyone wondering, I just received my "official" letter of acceptance in the mail. Good thing I was notified via other means because the letter states I need to pay the deposit by November 5th, which would've been a little late now!
:laugh:

Wow, that's crazy, Amanda! Good thing I haven't been holding my breath for mine! To those newly accepted, CONGRATS & feel free to join the CPG Class of 2014 Facebook group. Just search for "Midwestern CPG, AZ c/o 2014" and one of the administrators will add you when you submit a request. We only have 7 people so far, so don't be shy!! 😉
 
Well, I submitted my supplemental. Now I can really start biting my nails.😱

Hey, did anyone who still has courses to finish get an interview ?
I am worried they may put my application on the back burner until I have a grade in Organic chemistry.

Yup, I'm still taking Physics and Statistics. They're completely fine with unfinished courses as long as they will be finished prior to June.

Good Luck, hopefully you'll still make one of the November interviews!!!!!

I get excited again when each interview comes up because I'm anxious to know who's going to be joining me in June!
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE NEXT WEEK!!! :xf::xf:
 
Wow, that's crazy, Amanda! Good thing I haven't been holding my breath for mine! To those newly accepted, CONGRATS & feel free to join the CPG Class of 2014 Facebook group. Just search for "Midwestern CPG, AZ c/o 2014" and one of the administrators will add you when you submit a request. We only have 7 people so far, so don't be shy!! 😉

I know, right? It only took 3 1/2 weeks! The weird thing is it was dated for the 14th which was the day after they called. Clearly, it couldn't have taken 23 days to mail something to someone 20 minutes away!
Whatevs...I'm happy I have a letter now - it adds to my excitement!
 
Yup, I'm still taking Physics and Statistics. They're completely fine with unfinished courses as long as they will be finished prior to June.

Good Luck, hopefully you'll still make one of the November interviews!!!!!

I get excited again when each interview comes up because I'm anxious to know who's going to be joining me in June!
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE NEXT WEEK!!! :xf::xf:

Ah, thats a relief . Thanks Amanda!

🙂
 
I just paid my down payment!!

You did??! I thought you were waiting on UoP?? Or are you just gonna pay it to be safe? Either way...YAYYY!!!
If you want to be cool, you will join our facebook page :laugh:
Congrats again!

EDIT: Snap! I just realized I think you may be Jenny...so you already joined 🙂
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oops you beat me to it woman! SOOOO EXCITED for you girl!!!!

Me too!!!!! Then we'll get to wait together some more after the interview..I'll be sending updates during p-chem while you're in physics every 15 minutes...lol

I can't wait! :xf:
 
Well, I submitted my supplemental. Now I can really start biting my nails.😱

Hey, did anyone who still has courses to finish get an interview ?
I am worried they may put my application on the back burner until I have a grade in Organic chemistry.

All the very best to you pharmassist!👍👍