Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks so much ! Will keep you posted!Good luck Jagpharm and Lauradiddle, and anyone else I missed who has there interview this week !!
😍

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Thanks so much ! Will keep you posted!Good luck Jagpharm and Lauradiddle, and anyone else I missed who has there interview this week !!
😍

Good luck Jagpharm and Lauradiddle, and anyone else I missed who has there interview this week !!
😍
Is anyone going to interview on 11/18?

Great school, wonderful faculty. c/o class of 2009.
Tuition is a little too high though.
I'll be there the 18th! 🙂
me too! 😀 haha i've been waiting for awhile, i got the invitation on oct 8th. so happy to finally getting closer.![]()
The school wants the final transcripts from every college institution u have ever attended to be sent to Midwestern directly. I believe they stated this at the interview welcome speech.
Hey Amanda, did you by any chance found out if we still have to submit our final transcripts to PharmCAS or if we could just mail them directly to Midwestern yet?
Yeah that's not what she asked. We're wondering if we will still need to update Pharmcas during the academic update window in ADDITION to sending to Midwestern.
My understanding is that once you e-submit your PharmCAS, they will not accept any changes or "updates" to your application. Think about how long it took them to verify all your grades the first time. I'm 99.9% sure that once you are accepted, you are to send all information to Midwestern directly with no need to contact PharmCAS any further, which I believe is what pharmddreams was saying. Plus it says nothing about sending transcripts to PharmCAS anywhere in the matriculation agreement, only that they must be submitted to the Office of Admissions. Hope that helps somewhat, but you can still call if you want to be 100% sure instead of 99.9% sure. 😉
PharmCAS opens up applications after fall semester specifically for the purpose of applicants updating their grades and their "planned" coursework (if the have any) for spring. It is called the "Academic Update Window", and the dates for this window are given on the website. If they didn't have this window, it would be obvious that we didn't need to send anything further to them.
Nina and Kevin, I called...the lady in admissions said we don't need to send anything further to PharmCAS as long as we send our fall transcripts to Midwestern instead 🙂
Wow, I didn't even know that you could update your coursework like that, Amanda. Shows how much I know, LOL! Thanks for calling--I guess we can kiss the wonderfully frustrating, rip-off institution that is PharmCAS goodbye, as much as it saddens me! 😛



PharmCAS opens up applications after fall semester specifically for the purpose of applicants updating their grades and their "planned" coursework (if the have any) for spring. It is called the "Academic Update Window", and the dates for this window are given on the website. If they didn't have this window, it would be obvious that we didn't need to send anything further to them.
Nina and Kevin, I called...the lady in admissions said we don't need to send anything further to PharmCAS as long as we send our fall transcripts to Midwestern instead 🙂
Thanks for checking Amanda! I haven't been on here for a while! It's been so refreshing to attach names and faces through the facebook group.
Jaysid! CONGRATULATIONS! I told you that you had nothing to worry about.
Congratulations to all those that just got accepted. I am genuinely excited for everyone. Put down those deposits and join us on Facebook! Or else.
Congratz JaySid! Hope to see you in June! Make an account and post on here all you lurkers. =)
Thanks pharmddreams and yeah Mandy I'm waiting on UoP, that's my top school then MWU. I got into my number 2 so I'm happy haha. It's looking more and more likely that I'm coming to Glendale though 😀
Thanks pharmddreams and yeah Mandy I'm waiting on UoP, that's my top school then MWU. I got into my number 2 so I'm happy haha. It's looking more and more likely that I'm coming to Glendale though 😀
I paid my deposit so I'll be attending in june unless some unforeseeable event or disaster prevents me from doing so .
Unlike you other cool kids, I don't have a facebook so I can't join your facebook group, but I can be with you guys in spirit 🙂👍
I know, I love it!
So far, I know the following users were accepted but not sure if attending:
JaySid
wannaBpharmD
heatheld
lazysnake25
mochocco
VICH5070
redundant
mschmid3
nekoshotgun
pharmddreams
wendy912
Yes, I really just took the time to look at the past 6 pages to find everyone!
If any of you guys/gals are attending, join us on the book!!!
Edit: I just saw your post JaySid - so you're a "maybe" 🙂 I had you confused with Jenny before (sorry, knowing people only by usernames is hard!) It is you that is still waiting on UoP, right?

Congratz JaySid! Hope to see you in June! Make an account and post on here all you lurkers. =)
Thanks for gathering that info Amanda; I just pmed everyone on that list congratulating them and asking if they would be joining. I'm tired 😴+![]()
Haha I'm excited too. I guess I will see you two during the interview. I heard that Thursday interviews had less people than Friday interviews ( my said when she interviewed it was like thurs: 13 people and fri: 30 people).
Hope something terrible happens at UoP so you will come to MWU. jk. half kidding.
I'll make a profile for you hahaha
Haha... If I hear from them, it won't be anytime soon, I've been put on hold.
PharmCAS opens up applications after fall semester specifically for the purpose of applicants updating their grades and their "planned" coursework (if the have any) for spring. It is called the "Academic Update Window", and the dates for this window are given on the website. If they didn't have this window, it would be obvious that we didn't need to send anything further to them.
Nina and Kevin, I called...the lady in admissions said we don't need to send anything further to PharmCAS as long as we send our fall transcripts to Midwestern instead 🙂
Oh I'm sorry Jay...I've heard holds won't hear back till like March... Brutal 🙁
Plus side, you have us!
Yeah I'm going to be re-reviewed in January/February and then a decision will be made for an interview or not. So I'm pretty sure I'm coming to Glendale 😀
Nah, holds still have a good shot. The waiting will suck, but you still have a good shot...plus, you're gettin your damn Masters there - how could they tell you no?!?
That's another thing... because Midwestern starts in June, I may not finish my Masters because most people defend during the summer and it looks like I'm going to be one of those people, hopefully that doesn't have any bearing on MWU for me 😕
I'm getting my Masters in Biology, specifically Anatomy/Physiology of the larynx in frogs.
Amanda by defend, I mean write up a thesis and then present it to the bio department and have them approve or deny it based on my defense. Hopefully it won't matter for MWU because I don't think I will be able to finish by June. I had a timeline of late July/early August to defend.
And yeah I really loved MWU and the campus, so I'm glad to be going there. 😀
HAHA got it! Thanks for clarifying! I knew it was some Masters lingo 🙂
Haha yeah, but I'm hoping it won't be a problem because I don't think I have time to finish now 😕
So how did the interviews go for our candidates this week ?
\I know JagPharm said her experience was pretty positive.
Lauradiddle ? Anyone else ?
🙂
/ I hate having to go to the second page to find our thread 😛
So how did the interviews go for our candidates this week ?
\I know JagPharm said her experience was pretty positive.
Lauradiddle ?
You'll have time...cuz you'll get in to UoP and have till August!
Sorry, didn't mean to nag 🙂Sorry, I've been a little busy since I got back.
I thought that the interview went well. They didn't throw any weird curveball questions at our group. To prepare I looked over the questions they had on the interview feedback section of SDN, and that helped tremendously.
I'd never been to the Phoenix area before (aside from a layover at the airport a few years ago), but I fell in love with it. It's so pretty! I wish I had more time to spend exploring it a little more. The school is really nice as well. Honestly, I think I could be really happy going there, and I love that it's a three year program. I just wish it weren't so expensive. I'm glad I flew out and did it though. Even if I don't get in, it was still a good experience.
Sorry, didn't mean to nag 🙂
Glad to hear of your appreciation for our beautiful state. A lot of folks don't "get" it. I bet you came in and out and didn't even have time to see the really beautiful places. Good luck !
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.