You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Midwestern Glendale- Entering 2015
Started by pharmaz24
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey everyone, I know I am on a wrong thread but want to know if anyone here also applying to MWU Chicago. ?
i applied MWU Illinois but havent heard back yet
when did you apply? I just setup an account today.i applied MWU Illinois but havent heard back yet
When did you send in your application and how did they notify you? thanks in advance!I'm also signed up for 9/12.
Hi! How many options they did give you for interview dates??
Thanks
Thanks
Hi! How many options they did give you for interview dates??
Thanks
I had two options - 9/12 or 9/26 I think.
2. sept 12 and the 26Hi! How many options they did give you for interview dates??
Thanks
just got invited this morning!have anyone heard anything from mwu illinois?
same here! juss saw the email. had only one option to choose: oct 1just got invited this morning!
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats. when did you apply?just got invited this morning!
Still waiting on my PCAT scores to get to PharmCAS...been 3 weeks and was told it could take up to 6 weeks.
Congrats! What kind of questions did you get? And how long was the interview?
Very generic questions. Nothing special and everything is on SDN interview section!
Interview usually lasts 15-20 minutes for each student, but there will be a lot of waiting.. while other students have interviews.
It was a good experience though and get to know other students as well!
Congrats! What kind of questions did you get? And how long was the interview?
Yeah. The questions were pretty generic, and they seem to have a list of questions that they planned before hand to ask. The interviewers (3 people - a staff, a pharmacist, and a 3rd year student) were all pretty nice. Waiting was definitely long - probably around 1 1/2 - 2 hours or so.
this was for the glendale campus.
and same as what everyone else stated. general questions that you would expect...nothing off the wall. a LOT of down time in the lounge and therefore a lot of time to get your essay completed. people were on their phones, reading books, or mostly just interacting/getting to know the other applicants. overall a good experience. everyone, applicants and staff, were very nice! a lot of coffee, water, juices, snacks. the overall experience makes me want to attend!
and same as what everyone else stated. general questions that you would expect...nothing off the wall. a LOT of down time in the lounge and therefore a lot of time to get your essay completed. people were on their phones, reading books, or mostly just interacting/getting to know the other applicants. overall a good experience. everyone, applicants and staff, were very nice! a lot of coffee, water, juices, snacks. the overall experience makes me want to attend!
this was for the glendale campus.
and same as what everyone else stated. general questions that you would expect...nothing off the wall. a LOT of down time in the lounge and therefore a lot of time to get your essay completed. people were on their phones, reading books, or mostly just interacting/getting to know the other applicants. overall a good experience. everyone, applicants and staff, were very nice! a lot of coffee, water, juices, snacks. the overall experience makes me want to attend!
Are you planning to pay the 1000 deposit? I think our deadline is Oct 3.
Are you planning to pay the 1000 deposit? I think our deadline is Oct 3.
I willl. yeah i hope the deadline is only for the deposit, not the transcripts and stuffs
Yeah. I think it's just for the deposit. There's no way to get transcript in that quickly and they technically haven't called to give us our acceptance yet.I willl. yeah i hope the deadline is only for the deposit, not the transcripts and stuffs
Yeah. I think it's just for the deposit. There's no way to get transcript in that quickly and they technically haven't called to give us our acceptance yet.
haha yeah that's what i thought 😛
are you planning to pay?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Applications are already being accepted?
Does anybody know how many student seats are reserved for transfer students? I'm trying to transfer into Midwestern from my current COP and would like to know. I'm submitting my application next week. I hope I could get an interview.
Does anybody know how many student seats are reserved for transfer students? I'm trying to transfer into Midwestern from my current COP and would like to know. I'm submitting my application next week. I hope I could get an interview.
If I am not wrong , they do accept spring classes? right?
As long as you finish before school starts, you are good 👍
Applications are already being accepted?
Does anybody know how many student seats are reserved for transfer students? I'm trying to transfer into Midwestern from my current COP and would like to know. I'm submitting my application next week. I hope I could get an interview.
yeah first interview was held last week.
I dont know how many seats are reserved for transfer students, but 155 total including transfer + other applicants according to Pharmcas.
It also says that only 2 transfer applicant was accepted last cycle.
It is still early in the cycle. First interview only had 18 applicants (not sure how many got accepted). Plenty of seats left. Good luck!
Also, do you mind telling us why you are trying to transfer to MWU?
'As long as you finish before school starts, you are good 👍
yeah first interview was held last week.
I dont know how many seats are reserved for transfer students, but 155 total including transfer + other applicants according to Pharmcas.
It also says that only 2 transfer applicant was accepted last cycle.
It is still early in the cycle. First interview only had 18 applicants (not sure how many got accepted). Plenty of seats left. Good luck!
Also, do you mind telling us why you are trying to transfer to MWU?
Health reasons. I thought putting a leaving a medical leave of absence would help me, but no. I'm originally from AZ and my school is in UT. My health insurance is not covered there, so specialists and medications where just getting too expensive. Eventually, it all caught up to me. Funny enough, the school I was in is also 3 years.
Last edited:
So roseman, and do they not offer a student insurance plan?
They did and I had it. I was lucky if it paid one of my medications for one month (the medication I am using is name brand only and luckily for me the manufacturer extended their patent). It is just school insurance (just like all other school insurances, it will cover so much and just for the bare minimum).
Hello everyone!
I'm new here on SDN but I've been a lurker for quite sometime. I wanna thank everyone for all their contributions to this thread because it's been so helpful for me. I just confirmed my interview for Oct. 3rd, which is 2 weeks away!
Can any of you guys provide any specifics on the sort of questions they will be asking during the interview? I'm already starting to freak out!
I'm new here on SDN but I've been a lurker for quite sometime. I wanna thank everyone for all their contributions to this thread because it's been so helpful for me. I just confirmed my interview for Oct. 3rd, which is 2 weeks away!
Can any of you guys provide any specifics on the sort of questions they will be asking during the interview? I'm already starting to freak out!
Hello everyone!
I'm new here on SDN but I've been a lurker for quite sometime. I wanna thank everyone for all their contributions to this thread because it's been so helpful for me. I just confirmed my interview for Oct. 3rd, which is 2 weeks away!
Can any of you guys provide any specifics on the sort of questions they will be asking during the interview? I'm already starting to freak out!
http://schools.studentdoctor.net/schools/?view=pharmacy
i hope this helps. find the school, click on the numbers next to school.
It will tell you pretty much everything about the interview and possible questions.
Thanks!!http://schools.studentdoctor.net/schools/?view=pharmacy
i hope this helps. find the school, click on the numbers next to school.
It will tell you pretty much everything about the interview and possible questions.
Question Iam almost done with my application for Midwestern University in AZ, but I notice almost every applied to more then one school. Does that better you chances of getting into a school because I only planned on applying to Midwestern University in AZ to save money. ;(
Question Iam almost done with my application for Midwestern University in AZ, but I notice almost every applied to more then one school. Does that better you chances of getting into a school because I only planned on applying to Midwestern University in AZ to save money. ;(
It is up to you. But you still need to consider the worst case scenario.
What if you do not get accepted? waste of money, time and waste of opportunity for you. You need to wait until next year, still not guaranteed that you will get accepted MWU next year.
What if you got interview invites, but do not get accepted? waste of money even more, cost of traveling + motels etc.. and still waste of your time and opportunity.
You need to have some kind of back up.
I did not apply 20 schools because i have a lot of money. I spent 1k+ money because I thought it is worth it, than re-applying next cycle.
Midwestern's my top pick but I still applied to 3 other schools. I think I have a pretty good chance of getting in, but the thought of having to go through the application process again and putting off school for a year kinda freaks me out. The other schools are my back up plan, I contemplated the same thing when I was applying but I only want to have to apply once. That's just me but the decisions up to you. I just submitted my app and just found out you can always add other schools if you decide to.Question Iam almost done with my application for Midwestern University in AZ, but I notice almost every applied to more then one school. Does that better you chances of getting into a school because I only planned on applying to Midwestern University in AZ to save money. ;(
Just confirmed my interview for Oct 3!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me too! I just booked a room at Drury Inn. Flying in from CA Thursday night!Just confirmed my interview for Oct 3!
I'm still waiting for my application to be verified, but does anyone know what Midwestern's supplemental essay is? I thought I saw someone post somewhere that there wasn't one. If there is what is the prompt?
Thanks and congrats to you guys already accepted! Do you think you'll end up going there?
Thanks and congrats to you guys already accepted! Do you think you'll end up going there?
I'm still waiting for my application to be verified, but does anyone know what Midwestern's supplemental essay is? I thought I saw someone post somewhere that there wasn't one. If there is what is the prompt?
Thanks and congrats to you guys already accepted! Do you think you'll end up going there?
No supplmental 🙂
After they receive your pharmcas, you will receive e-mails that they received your application and they also ask you to create midwestern account.
You can check your status there, like what is missing and scheduling an interview etc...
I have not receive interview invitation e-mail, but when I checked the MWU portal, it says i need to schedule an interview.
So after you submit yours and create your account, frequently check the status on MWU portal.
I really liked MWU.
After I get accepted, I pretty much withdrew interviews for other backup schools.
If i do not get into my top choice, I will definitely choose MWU glendale 🙂
GOODLUCK!
Similar threads
- Locked
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 7
- Views
- 6K
