Midwestern Glendale- Entering 2015

Started by pharmaz24
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No supplmental 🙂
After they receive your pharmcas, you will receive e-mails that they received your application and they also ask you to create midwestern account.
You can check your status there, like what is missing and scheduling an interview etc...
I have not receive interview invitation e-mail, but when I checked the MWU portal, it says i need to schedule an interview.
So after you submit yours and create your account, frequently check the status on MWU portal.

I really liked MWU.
After I get accepted, I pretty much withdrew interviews for other backup schools.
If i do not get into my top choice, I will definitely choose MWU glendale 🙂

GOODLUCK!


Cool, thanks a lot! 🙂
 
No supplmental 🙂
After they receive your pharmcas, you will receive e-mails that they received your application and they also ask you to create midwestern account.
You can check your status there, like what is missing and scheduling an interview etc...
I have not receive interview invitation e-mail, but when I checked the MWU portal, it says i need to schedule an interview.
So after you submit yours and create your account, frequently check the status on MWU portal.

I really liked MWU.
After I get accepted, I pretty much withdrew interviews for other backup schools.
If i do not get into my top choice, I will definitely choose MWU glendale 🙂

GOODLUCK!
Hey Kies! You've been so active and helpful on these boards, it's really helped a lot so thank you!

I have my interview this Friday and was wondering if you have any helpful advice for me? Should I just be honest? Should I try to impress them? What do you think they are looking for? I've reviewed the possible questions but if you have any personal insight please let me know. It would be much appreciated!
 
Hey Kies! You've been so active and helpful on these boards, it's really helped a lot so thank you!

I have my interview this Friday and was wondering if you have any helpful advice for me? Should I just be honest? Should I try to impress them? What do you think they are looking for? I've reviewed the possible questions but if you have any personal insight please let me know. It would be much appreciated!



To be honest with you, I prepared my answers based on SDN interview section. My questions were all there.
On the interview date, I think one person said the interviewers have like a sheet of paper with questions and they just randomly select questions to ask.
I was very nervous since it was my first interview ever, so i did not see that but yeah.. All the possible questions are on the SDN interview section so make sure to prepare for all the answers. (http://schools.studentdoctor.net/school/mwu-cpg/survey/29)

I tried to impress them lol but i was honest too since I just prepared my answers based on my work experiences, schools, and volunteers..etc

One thing i liked about the interview was.. it was just question and answer type of interview.
I see many people prefer like conversational type of interviews, but on my interview, it was like they ask me a question, I answer then they ask me the next question that is not related to the previous one. Since I prepped my interview it was easier for me this way. lol

I really liked the school and the faculty members. Overall very impressed.
(i actually turned down other backup school interviews after I made deposit)
I hope this helped, Goodluck! :claps:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To be honest with you, I prepared my answers based on SDN interview section. My questions were all there.
On the interview date, I think one person said the interviewers have like a sheet of paper with questions and they just randomly select questions to ask.
I was very nervous since it was my first interview ever, so i did not see that but yeah.. All the possible questions are on the SDN interview section so make sure to prepare for all the answers. (http://schools.studentdoctor.net/school/mwu-cpg/survey/29)

I tried to impress them lol but i was honest too since I just prepared my answers based on my work experiences, schools, and volunteers..etc

One thing i liked about the interview was.. it was just question and answer type of interview.
I see many people prefer like conversational type of interviews, but on my interview, it was like they ask me a question, I answer then they ask me the next question that is not related to the previous one. Since I prepped my interview it was easier for me this way. lol

I really liked the school and the faculty members. Overall very impressed.
(i actually turned down other backup school interviews after I made deposit)
I hope this helped, Goodluck! :claps:
Thank you!
 
To be honest with you, I prepared my answers based on SDN interview section. My questions were all there.
On the interview date, I think one person said the interviewers have like a sheet of paper with questions and they just randomly select questions to ask.
I was very nervous since it was my first interview ever, so i did not see that but yeah.. All the possible questions are on the SDN interview section so make sure to prepare for all the answers. (http://schools.studentdoctor.net/school/mwu-cpg/survey/29)

I tried to impress them lol but i was honest too since I just prepared my answers based on my work experiences, schools, and volunteers..etc

One thing i liked about the interview was.. it was just question and answer type of interview.
I see many people prefer like conversational type of interviews, but on my interview, it was like they ask me a question, I answer then they ask me the next question that is not related to the previous one. Since I prepped my interview it was easier for me this way. lol

I really liked the school and the faculty members. Overall very impressed.
(i actually turned down other backup school interviews after I made deposit)
I hope this helped, Goodluck! :claps:
Oh and did you interview alone or with a group of other applicants?
 
you vs. 3 of them! 🙂 (prof, student, faculty? i think)
One last question please 🙂 How the heck would you answer this question? "What is a challenge pharmacy will face in the future and how would you provide a solution for it?" I have no clue :/
 
One last question please 🙂 How the heck would you answer this question? "What is a challenge pharmacy will face in the future and how would you provide a solution for it?" I have no clue :/

things like.... maybe job saturation.. high loans? etcetc... this is tricky one you need to prep well! make sure to do some research as well
 
Just finished my interview. I was really impressed with school. I can't say how good I felt about my interview because I think I rambled on quite a bit :/ Anyways, good luck to rest of you who will be interviewing soon!
 
Just finished my interview. I was really impressed with school. I can't say how good I felt about my interview because I think I rambled on quite a bit :/ Anyways, good luck to rest of you who will be interviewing soon!

keep checking ur portal. if u r accepted u will see domething on applicant checklist! mine changed an hour after the interview an i called to confirm and i was in!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
keep checking ur portal. if u r accepted u will see domething on applicant checklist! mine changed an hour after the interview an i called to confirm and i was in!
What will it say on my checklist? Should I check pre-accepted checklist or post-accepted checklist?
 
Did the questions already listed on SDN help with the interview? I'm trying to prep for mine.
Yes, it did. My best advice to you is to come up with short and concise answers. And relax!!!! Believe me!!! I think had I not had so much anxiety and nervousness I definitely would have performed much better in the interview. There really isn't a lot of time to go in depth with responses. Think of it more as a Q & A session. I made the mistake of actually thinking they wanted me to elaborate on my experiences and reasons.

Overall, the faculty are very friendly and just awesome. They aren't there to try and intimidate you. Also, you're going to love this school once you get to learn about it in person. Best of luck to you.
 
keep checking ur portal. if u r accepted u will see domething on applicant checklist! mine changed an hour after the interview an i called to confirm and i was in!
I haven't received any messages but there is an accepted student checklist with a list of things I need to do. I'm not sure if this was there before and I didn't see it. Oh man, now I don't know what to think!
 
Nope mine says that list is only available to accepted applicants, so congrats!
Really!?!?!? Oh man, i really need a confirmation on this. Admissions closed at 4:30 pm so I guess I'll have to call and confirm Monday. My head is just spinning right now! I think I'll hold off on calling my family til I know for sure. Thank you for letting me know!
 
Really!?!?!? Oh man, i really need a confirmation on this. Admissions closed at 4:30 pm so I guess I'll have to call and confirm Monday. My head is just spinning right now! I think I'll hold off on calling my family til I know for sure. Thank you for letting me know!

I interviewed today too but nothing under the checklist.
 
I interviewed today too but nothing under the checklist.
There was nothing as far as an accepted student checklist? I hate to say that is really good news for me as I really liked our entire group. I'm hoping we all get in seriously. Which one were you? Sorry, I'm terrible with names. I was the asian guy in the blue suit.
 
There was nothing as far as an accepted student checklist? I hate to say that is really good news for me as I really liked our entire group. I'm hoping we all get in seriously. Which one were you? Sorry, I'm terrible with names. I was the asian guy in the blue suit.

Congrats that's awesome! Haha. I was in Panel B, long brown hair, black suit.. From Tucson. Don't know if that's a good enough description for you to remember haha!
 
Congrats that's awesome! Haha. I was in Panel B, long brown hair, black suit.. From Tucson. Don't know if that's a good enough description for you to remember haha!
Oh yes I do remember you! I really am not going to get my hopes up yet. I really am hoping you get some good news soon too! Is this school your first choice?
 
Oh yes I do remember you! I really am not going to get my hopes up yet. I really am hoping you get some good news soon too! Is this school your first choice?
I hope we hear sooner than they told us!
 
Last edited:
I hope we hear sooner than they told us! And yes, what about you?
This is my 2nd choice behind Roseman in Las Vegas because that's where I'm originally from. I really was impressed with the faculty and campus today so I'd be really excited for the opportunity to attend this program.

I'm sure you'll hear something soon!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hope we hear sooner than they told us! And yes, what about you?
This is my 2nd choice behind Roseman in Las Vegas because that's where I'm originally from. I really was impressed with the faculty and campus today so I'd be really excited for the opportunity to attend this program.

I'm sure you'll hear something soon!
 
This is my 2nd choice behind Roseman in Las Vegas because that's where I'm originally from. I really was impressed with the faculty and campus today so I'd be really excited for the opportunity to attend this program.

I'm sure you'll hear something soon!

if u see bunch of lists with red marks like ur prereq and transcript..

u r in!

congrats! u will get a call in couple days or u can call them and ask. thats what i did when i saw the bunch of lists. they said congrats! lol

i will start celebrating if i were u:nod:
 
This is my 2nd choice behind Roseman in Las Vegas because that's where I'm originally from. I really was impressed with the faculty and campus today so I'd be really excited for the opportunity to attend this program.

I'm sure you'll hear something soon!
Thanks I hope so!
 
if u see bunch of lists with red marks like ur prereq and transcript..

u r in!

congrats! u will get a call in couple days or u can call them and ask. thats what i did when i saw the bunch of lists. they said congrats! lol

i will start celebrating if i were u:nod:
Thank you Kies! Still gonna hold off on calling my family til Monday, but I definitely feel a bit more pressure lifted off of me.
 
I'm currently waiting for more interview spots to open. When I first signed in yesterday, I saw that there was a slot for 10/17. I waited a while, and when I went back to it the spot was gone. Whoops! Hopefully there are more spots.
 
I'm currently waiting for more interview spots to open. When I first signed in yesterday, I saw that there was a slot for 10/17. I waited a while, and when I went back to it the spot was gone. Whoops! Hopefully there are more spots.

i believe they interview 18 ppl in one day(at least my interview was)

they r accepting 130ish students so u will have plenty of interview dates availble coming up. keep checking ur portal!
get the earliest one u can schedule. it helps.
 
Any PCAT advice? Gotta take it for my transfer application.

Have there ever been an exemption to the PCAT requirement?

Kinda afraid to ask them lol.
 
Any PCAT advice? Gotta take it for my transfer application.

Have there ever been an exemption to the PCAT requirement?

Kinda afraid to ask them lol.
I used Dr. Collins only and it was perfect for me. I scored 97 in Bio & Chem and it was all due to Collins prep material. If you're pressed for time, just do practice problems over and over. Don't bother with Kaplan. Only one essay portion this year as well. I've never heard of an exemption from PCAT.
 
How long was the day for you guys that already interviewed? What time start/finish about? I am applying next cycle so a yr before interviews but both of my kids will be in school, will definitely have a back up person to drop off/pick up if needed.
 
How long was the day for you guys that already interviewed? What time start/finish about? I am applying next cycle so a yr before interviews but both of my kids will be in school, will definitely have a back up person to drop off/pick up if needed.
Day starts at 7:30 am and concludes around 1:30 even though the itinerary says you may be there til 2:30 pm.
 
I got my interview slot! 10/24. Is anyone else going on that date?

As far as the PCAT, it depends on how much you're willing to spend. I bought Dr. Collins and never even opened it. I studied entirely off of Crack the PCAT. It was in the middle of finals week, so that was all I had time for..
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got my interview slot! 10/24. Is anyone else going on that date?

As far as the PCAT, it depends on how much you're willing to spend. I bought Dr. Collins and never even opened it. I studied entirely off of Crack the PCAT. It was in the middle of finals week, so that was all I had time for..

Congrats!! Just curious, how long were you able to study for before taking the test? What did you get?

I'm using the exact book. It must of been a good score.
 
Congrats!! Just curious, how long were you able to study for before taking the test? What did you get?

I'm using the exact book. It must of been a good score.
I studied for 8 days. Got a 76% Composite: 72% chemistry, 69% biology, 94% verbal, 69% reading comprehension, and 39% math. As I'm sure you can guess, I did not study math. I used Crack the PCAT software ($99 for ten tests) and the orange pearson book (~$30).

I'm pretty embarrassed about the math, but I thought everything else was solid.
 
I studied for 8 days. Got a 76% Composite: 72% chemistry, 69% biology, 94% verbal, 69% reading comprehension, and 39% math. As I'm sure you can guess, I did not study math. I used Crack the PCAT software ($99 for ten tests) and the orange pearson book (~$30).

I'm pretty embarrassed about the math, but I thought everything else was solid.

Congrats 🙂. Also, one more question. How long does it take for the PCAT to be graded?
 
Congrats 🙂. Also, one more question. How long does it take for the PCAT to be graded?

u get ur score right away after u take the exam. they give u a paper with ur scores on it. but it takes about a month for pharmcas to receive and post it.
 
u get ur score right away after u take the exam. they give u a paper with ur scores on it. but it takes about a month for pharmcas to receive and post it.

Is it on the computer?

What can you bring into the test? Water? Scratch paper?

That is much quicker then the first time I took the test. It took a month after the schools got it (I only took the test once just to see what it was like before taking it seriously. I got into Roseman before taking the test seriously).