Midwestern Glendale- Entering 2015

Started by pharmaz24
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it on the computer?

What can you bring into the test? Water? Scratch paper?

That is much quicker then the first time I took the test. It took a month after the schools got it (I only took the test once just to see what it was like before taking it seriously. I got into Roseman before taking the test seriously).
You take the computer on the test, yes. You are not allowed to bring anything but your ID with you. Everything else is locked in a secure locker. If your phone rings/vibrates in the locker, "your score will be invalidated." They provide scratch paper and a marker. Also, my palm veins were scanned over twenty times. It was ridiculous.

Thankfully, you are allowed to go to the restroom during your break. You just have to scan back in when your time is close to being up.
 
Thank you Kies! Still gonna hold off on calling my family til Monday, but I definitely feel a bit more pressure lifted off of me.
I also interviewed the same day as you. I was the guy in the grey suit. I have been creeping on this forum since Friday afternoon. I was wondering if you were able to call and confirm you got in?
 
I also interviewed the same day as you. I was the guy in the grey suit. I have been creeping on this forum since Friday afternoon. I was wondering if you were able to call and confirm you got in?
Do you see anything on your checklist yet? I am still waiting..
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got my interview slot! 10/24. Is anyone else going on that date?

As far as the PCAT, it depends on how much you're willing to spend. I bought Dr. Collins and never even opened it. I studied entirely off of Crack the PCAT. It was in the middle of finals week, so that was all I had time for..

I'm going 10/24 also, see ya next Friday 🙂
 
Last edited:
Hi! Congrats to those who got accepted and thank you for sharing your experience!! ;D
Do you guys also know whether the interview is open-filed or close-filed? (Not sure if that's how they name it)
What I meant is do they ask questions about stuffs on your personal statement and transcript?

Thanks
 
Hi! Congrats to those who got accepted and thank you for sharing your experience!! ;D
Do you guys also know whether the interview is open-filed or close-filed? (Not sure if that's how they name it)
What I meant is do they ask questions about stuffs on your personal statement and transcript?

Thanks
It is open file but i got the feeling they generally won't bring anything up in your file unless it's something they like.
 
The interviewers were very nice. Toward the end, it felt more like a conversation than an interview. They really tried to get to know who you are. I could tell because they commented on what activities I would be interested in at Midwestern from what I told them about my experience.

Show them your understanding of pharmacy and healthcare.

The dean said they look for people with innate communication skills during the interview.

Btw, he said it's close file so the interviewers have not seen your application and do not know anything about you.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The interviewers were very nice. Toward the end, it felt more like a conversation than an interview. They really tried to get to know who you are. I could tell because they commented on what activities I would be interested in at Midwestern from what I told them about my experience.

Show them your understanding of pharmacy and healthcare.

The dean said they look for people with innate communication skills during the interview.

Btw, he said it's close file so the interviewers have not seen your application and do not know anything about you.
That's interesting because one of the interviewers had commented on my degree during my interview.
 
I wonder why he said that then. They're probably still in the middle of working on their own interview process/method
Do you think they mean closed file as in they don't have your application in front of them while they're interviewing you? That's good to know though and thank you both for your feedback!
 
Did they like that you had a degree?
Yes, they do. I remember the Dean saying that they place applicants with degrees higher because it showed that the student is able to finish what they start. Also, I think it's partly the reason I got accepted the same day. My overall GPA isn't impressive whatsoever due to immaturity early on in college but I've been a great student these last 2 years. I also think I interviewed pretty well.
 
No, he made it a point to mention that they had not seen any of our information prior to the interview.

Also anyone get that same day notification on their portal?

I saw the accepted student checklist couple hours later but couldn't see the matriculation payment option until this morning.
They have my schools mixed up a little in the transcript list so I'm gonna wait til Monday to confirm.

Did you see changes on your portal?

Anyone had the same issue with their listed schools?
 
First off congrats everyone!
Second, does anybody know the policy for refund if we decided to go elsewhere? The matriculation agreement only mentions a $100 refund. $900 is a bit steep if we choose not to go here.
I'm extremely excited I got in!! But, I have other interviews and really want to explore my options, even though Im 90% sure this is where I will be going to school.
 
First off congrats everyone!
Second, does anybody know the policy for refund if we decided to go elsewhere? The matriculation agreement only mentions a $100 refund. $900 is a bit steep if we choose not to go here.
I'm extremely excited I got in!! But, I have other interviews and really want to explore my options, even though Im 90% sure this is where I will be going to school.
as far as i know its nonrefundable.
 
No. It took the time they said it would for me to get my acceptance. I know at least 2 people who had heard right away. Don't stress yourself out.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me three! So happy to be accepted. This is my top choice, hands down.
Anyone else? I really liked everyone in our interview group yesterday.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone!

First off good luck to you all with your interviews!

Please add the Midwestern CPG Class of 2018 Facebook page. Just search or
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1483230261936574/?ref=ts&fref=ts

I am in the class of 2017 currently and will be joining the 2018 class (you guys!) due to some personal issues.

I am going through the first year, my husband has gone through the program and will graduate in May, so please ask any questions!!!

We are happy to help 🙂

Can't wait to meet you all next summer!
 
I have an interview on Friday the 7th! MWU is the only school I am applying to because it's really the only one I can afford. I applied to 5 schools last cycle and only got 1 interview so I retook some classes and the PCAT this year and am crossing my fingers that this is finally my chance at a seat. :xf:
 
Hey all!

I have my interview scheduled for 11/21. Anyone else have an interview then? I am pretty confident (so far) but I'm just worried that by the time of my interview, it will be getting very competitive. This is my first choice so I hope I get accepted and get to meet all of you who choose to attend next year!
 
Hey all!

I have my interview scheduled for 11/21. Anyone else have an interview then? I am pretty confident (so far) but I'm just worried that by the time of my interview, it will be getting very competitive. This is my first choice so I hope I get accepted and get to meet all of you who choose to attend next year!

Congrat on your interview invitation. Do you mind sharing when did you submit pharmcas and how long did it take to get verified and receive the invitation?