Midwestern University - Glendale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Did anyone interview yesterday? :) Let me know if y'all hear anything! Goodluck!!

Did anyone interview yesterday? :) Let me know if y'all hear anything! Goodluck!!

Kinda, I see the accepted student checklist on my portal now but no matriculation agreement yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Kinda, I see the accepted student checklist on my portal now but no matriculation agreement yet.
My accepted student checklist page changed and has required stuff now. But yea, no Matriculation Agreement available or option to deposit or anything either. Guess I'll have to wait until Friday for their official verdict.

My accepted student checklist page changed and has required stuff now. But yea, no Matriculation Agreement available or option to deposit or anything either. Guess I'll have to wait until Friday for their official verdict.

I just checked the portal and I have the agreement to sign along with the deposit to make by the Dec 13th. I just interviewed on Monday too, that was really fast.

I just checked the portal and I have the agreement to sign along with the deposit to make by the Dec 13th. I just interviewed on Monday too, that was really fast.
Congrats! Same :D! The matriculation page is available to sign too

Anyone who interviewed on nov. 18 and whose portal changed got a call from them yet? My portal changed but don't want to get my hopes up til they give me official word hehe

Congrats to everyone who got accepted! I have an interview scheduled for Jan. 6 2014. Is there anyone interviewing on the same day??

Got a call yesterday for the 11/18 interview. Anyone from the same day got their confirmation email yet? I thought they'd send it within the same day.

Got a call yesterday for the 11/18 interview. Anyone from the same day got their confirmation email yet? I thought they'd send it within the same day.

Interesting, I still haven't gotten a call yet. I even did the background check that the schools ask for already.

Has anyone who interviewed on 11/15 heard any news?

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an email this morning to set up my interview!!!

Do you guys have recommendations for flight/hotel/transportation??

How long are the interviews? I was hoping to fly out the same day

They will email you with the details. I think mine said to be there by 730 and the interview would be until 2ish.... I am interviewing on the 13th

They will email you with the details. I think mine said to be there by 730 and the interview would be until 2ish.... I am interviewing on the 13th

Oh me too, January 13th?!! Where are you staying at???

when did u submit your app to them or when did they tell u it was complete?
Submitted nov 16. My pcat score didn't get entered into pharmcas till nov 25. Received emails on dec 3,4 that they received my materials and interview invitation dec 5! I chose the January 13th date for an interview. Already booked flight and hotel

Reactions: 1 user
Do you guys have recommendations for flight/hotel/transportation??

How long are the interviews? I was hoping to fly out the same day

I had my interview on Nov 1st. I booked my room at SleepInn at $55-65/night including continental breakfast. the motel is only 5 min drive from the school. IMO it's cheap for a broke college student like me.

Remember to set your clock to Arizona's time zone if you're from other states.

The interview went well for me, there wasn't alot of pressure and all the questions were very similar to those in the interview feedback section of SDN. I studied the questions a day before and rehearsed my answers on my drive to the school.

Got accepted on Nov 14th.

I'm 90% gonna be a student at MWU-CPG class of 2017 and I'm a Socal CA resident. So Hello to those who will attend here for the next three years and good luck to those who will have interviews in the next few months. May the odd be in your favor :shifty:

I had my interview on Nov 1st. I booked my room at SleepInn at $55-65/night including continental breakfast. the motel is only 5 min drive from the school. IMO it's cheap for a broke college student like me.

Remember to set your clock to Arizona's time zone if you're from other states.

The interview went well for me, there wasn't alot of pressure and all the questions were very similar to those in the interview feedback section of SDN. I studied the questions a day before and rehearsed my answers on my drive to the school.

Got accepted on Nov 14th.

I'm 90% gonna be a student at MWU-CPG class of 2017 and I'm a Socal CA resident. So Hello to those who will attend here for the next three years and good luck to those who will have interviews in the next few months. May the odd be in your favor :shifty:

Where else you applying to? What's your top school? I would love to attend this school!

Where else you applying to? What's your top school? I would love to attend this school!
Hi Casper, I applied to most schools in CA except UCSF and USC ( not feel like I have the money to go there) and two other schools outside CA (Roseman and MWU). I got invited to do interviews with UoP, NorthState CA, Torou U, and got accepted but most likely I will turn them down since they are either expensive or 4-year. My top school would be UCSD and I haven't heard from them yet. I ended up choosing MWU for various personal reasons, and the friendly people over there :)

Hi Casper, I applied to most schools in CA except UCSF and USC ( not feel like I have the money to go there) and two other schools outside CA (Roseman and MWU). I got invited to do interviews with UoP, NorthState CA, Torou U, and got accepted but most likely I will turn them down since they are either expensive or 4-year. My top school would be UCSD and I haven't heard from them yet. I ended up choosing MWU for various personal reasons, and the friendly people over there :)

That's awesome!! I hope you get in where you want! I also applied to Roseman, we might be classmates!

Does anyone know if the school provides us with laptops with our tuition?

I don't believe they do, someone asked during the tour and she said no.

Anyone interview 12/13 and heard back yet?

The admissions committee met Monday December 16th at 1:00 p.m. to go over applicants. They said that we should have an updated portal online regarding our application status by the end of the day. If you haven't done so already, check your portal to see if anything under "accepted student checklist" has changed, this is a good indication of your status. If nothing has changed, or if you were waitlisted, I'd suggest you call them regarding your status to show your interest in the school.

Best of luck!

Hi everyone,
Does Midwestern Glendale pharmacy school accepts student easily?
I am going for my interview in January and I am really nervous on the questions that will be asked during interview. I do not have any volunteer experience in health care because the hospitals do not want to process my international student application.
Here is my stats: Cumulative GPA : 3.95
Science GPA: 4.0
PCAT 79 composit with a 7 on my reading comprehension!!! I totally bombed the reading.
Do you think I have chance of getting admitted to the school ?

Interviewing in January too. Seems like this thread really died down. Hope there are still a good number of seats left.

@vic89 same here, interviewing next monday. Midwestern class size is bit larger compared to most schools so hopefully there are a lot of seats left.....

I interviewed on Dec 16th but haven't heard anything back via email or the student portal. Not sure what I should be doing at this point, any suggestions? thanks!

I interviewed on Dec 16th but haven't heard anything back via email or the student portal. Not sure what I should be doing at this point, any suggestions? thanks!

Call the school.

Was told we'd get answer within two hours after interview day was over multiple times by the Dean. No email, no phone call, no portal change. ...

Was told we'd get answer within two hours after interview day was over multiple times by the Dean. No email, no phone call, no portal change. ...
It depends. Some people get accepted right away (1-2 hrs after the interview) while others it takes about a week or two. However, if you have not heard anything after about 2-3 weeks, it's safe to assume you got waitlisted.

yeah just did this, my application is currently on hold and will be reevaluated in late feb/early march

Now you know! Did he/she say why you were on hold? Are you still completing your pre-reqs? I am curious as to what the difference is between being "on hold" versus being on the "alternate list."

Now you know! Did he/she say why you were on hold? Are you still completing your pre-reqs? I am curious as to what the difference is between being "on hold" versus being on the "alternate list."

no iv completed all pre-reqs. They didn't really say why, she stated my interview was excellent and my application is good but its on hold with the committee to be reevaluated at a later date. I guess I'm happy I at least got an answer just a little confused

Ok so for those who already had interview, how was the short essay part of the interview? and how did you guys prepare for it? =]

I was put on hold too. During the interview I told them that I had just retaken the pcat and done much better. I called to check my status when I hadn't heard anything a couple weeks after the interview. They forwarded me too a counselor who told me that the committee was waiting for the official score report to come in. After the score report came in I waited about a week and called to check on my status again. I had to call a couple times before it was taken off hold and then I was put on the waiting list.

no iv completed all pre-reqs. They didn't really say why, she stated my interview was excellent and my application is good but its on hold with the committee to be reevaluated at a later date. I guess I'm happy I at least got an answer just a little confused

I think there are not many seats now and the college is reserving those seats for the people who will interview Jan~Mar? Seeing how she said your app and interview was good, I think you will have priority over the alternate list if space becomes available late Feb/ early Mar.

I was put on hold too. During the interview I told them that I had just retaken the pcat and done much better. I called to check my status when I hadn't heard anything a couple weeks after the interview. They forwarded me too a counselor who told me that the committee was waiting for the official score report to come in. After the score report came in I waited about a week and called to check on my status again. I had to call a couple times before it was taken off hold and then I was put on the waiting list.

How much better did you do on the PCAT? Did you score a composite 80+? It seems to me that many of the people on this thread who scored around there or higher were accepted.

Interviewed Friday, January 10th, 2014. Right after the entire interview process I left for the airport, and found out I got accepted by the time I even arrived to the airport!

Interviewed Friday, January 10th, 2014. Right after the entire interview process I left for the airport, and found out I got accepted by the time I even arrived to the airport!

I was at that interview too! Still waiting for that phone call/email/portal change at 3-4PM that the assistant dean was talking about. Did you hear about the one girl that was accepted before she left the Barrel 1 building?

I was at that interview too! Still waiting for that phone call/email/portal change at 3-4PM that the assistant dean was talking about. Did you hear about the one girl that was accepted before she left the Barrel 1 building?

That's crazy

Last edited:
my accepted student checklist changed and I can see links to marticulation agreement, technical standards form and required docs. Does this mean I am most likely accepted?

my accepted student checklist changed and I can see links to marticulation agreement, technical standards form and required docs. Does this mean I am most likely accepted?

Mine updated too! I am pretty sure it means we are accepted