Midwestern University - Glendale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats everyone! I hope mine changes too! After the tour and presentation by the dean, it moved from #2 to #1 choice!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats everyone! I hope mine changes too! After the tour and presentation by the dean, it moved from #2 to #1 choice!

When did you interview? I interviewed yesterday and got my portal changed today

When did you interview? I interviewed yesterday and got my portal changed today

Mine was on Friday. I kind of knew my interview wasn't so strong, but at least an answer soon, MWU! Lols..

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you get an email or phone call to verify the portal change?

I am almost 100% positive that I will be going to CPG this year. Has anyone signed up for on-campus housing? I spoke with student services today and she said that there is a wait list. I am a California resident (Bay Area) and I was wondering if anyone was interested in looking to share a 2 bedroom apartment. It is still early, but I want to have a back up plan if on-campus housing doesn't work out. LMK!

I was at that interview too! Still waiting for that phone call/email/portal change at 3-4PM that the assistant dean was talking about. Did you hear about the one girl that was accepted before she left the Barrel 1 building?

haha yeah I did. I was talking to her at lunch, and we bumped into each other right after she bumped into the professor that told her she was accepted. She told me she got in and said I should check my portal, which I did on the shuttle from the rental car place to the airport. I'm sure they'll get back to you!

I am almost 100% positive that I will be going to CPG this year. Has anyone signed up for on-campus housing? I spoke with student services today and she said that there is a wait list. I am a California resident (Bay Area) and I was wondering if anyone was interested in looking to share a 2 bedroom apartment. It is still early, but I want to have a back up plan if on-campus housing doesn't work out. LMK!

There's a wait list already?! I heard there's new buildings being built that and the chances of getting in should be easier than previous years. But if I don't get into on-campus housing I'm thinking of living in scottsdale. Anyone have any opinions on living in scottsdale? Heard it's the place to live out there.

There's a wait list already?! I heard there's new buildings being built that and the chances of getting in should be easier than previous years. But if I don't get into on-campus housing I'm thinking of living in scottsdale. Anyone have any opinions on living in scottsdale? Heard it's the place to live out there.
Priority for new buildings go to current residents, if they want to upgrade/switch. The new buildings were actually built to accomodate the students for the new veterinary program they're opening up this fall, though. The deadline for current residents to renew their contracts is also in mid February I believe so maybe there will be a better picture on housing availability after then for the waitlisters.

Scottsdale seems kind of far. Just live nearby. If you want to head to Scottsdale to drink/party or whatever, everyone here typically just chips in for a party bus/driver/whatever and heads over to Scottsdale like that together. Glendale is fine. Housing is cheap here compared to California, anyway.

Priority for new buildings go to current residents, if they want to upgrade/switch. The new buildings were actually built to accomodate the students for the new veterinary program they're opening up this fall, though. The deadline for current residents to renew their contracts is also in mid February I believe so maybe there will be a better picture on housing availability after then for the waitlisters.

Scottsdale seems kind of far. Just live nearby. If you want to head to Scottsdale to drink/party or whatever, everyone here typically just chips in for a party bus/driver/whatever and heads over to Scottsdale like that together. Glendale is fine. Housing is cheap here compared to California, anyway.

Oh I was more so looking for a nice place to live that would be financially supportive on my bank account. So if Glendale is cheaper that's fine. Do you live on campus? if so, how do you like it? if off campus, where at and do you have any suggestions?

Oh I was more so looking for a nice place to live that would be financially supportive on my bank account. So if Glendale is cheaper that's fine. Do you live on campus? if so, how do you like it? if off campus, where at and do you have any suggestions?
I live on campus. It's awesome and super convenient. I get the convenience of walking to class 5-10 minutes before it starts and heading home during lunch to eat or take a nap or whatever I want. It really comes in handy when there's an awkward break between classes. Going home and coming back later becomes no big deal. You don't have to think about 10-15 minutes of driving home and then 10-15 minutes of driving back or gas money or whatever. There's also the convenience of the school gym being right there, the library, and a 24-hour study lounge.

I live in a 2 bedroom standard apartment for $395 a month. Only utility you pay for is electricity and even then after you split it w/ a roommate it only comes out to be $30 MAX during the peak of summertime when the A/C is on 24/7 (This is w/ the student APS discount though). Right now in winter I pay maybe like $10 a month after splitting with my roomate. In terms of the apartment itself, it's basic. You get a room. Roommate gets a room. Living area w/ tiny kitchen. And you share a bathroom. Apartment comes unfurnished. You only get kitchen-stuff (microwave, refrigerator, stove/oven). If you came from the Bay or LA area of Cali, you're getting a lot for your money in terms of sqft. Compared to other areas in AZ though, you could get more of your money's worth off-campus I suppose.

If you want to spend a little bit more money ($150-200 more/month) and have a nicer apartment, I would go for a luxury 2 bedroom apartment. You get your own bathroom and the kitchen is much bigger. That, or live off-campus. There's apartment complexes literally right across the street of MWU too that I would advise checking out, as well (e.g. San Lagos, San Prado).

Just got a phone call from admission office that I got accepted! finallyyyyy

Members don't see this ad :)
Straight Rejection or were you wait listed, I was wait listed :/

Straight up declined...I guess I never knew how great the location of the school was and with a prior acceptance at another school, I didn't prepare as much. However, the other school is in Philadelphia, so its a drastic change =/

Straight up declined...I guess I never knew how great the location of the school was and with a prior acceptance at another school, I didn't prepare as much. However, the other school is in Philadelphia, so its a drastic change =/
I'm sorry to hear that, best of luck to you in Philly

Straight Rejection or were you wait listed, I was wait listed :/
Sorry about the waitlisted situation, but don't be too bummed about it. I recall the assistant dean saying that a lot of students off the waitlist eventually get in, although it may be late in the cycle. I'd suggest contacting admissions and letting them know that you're interested in the school by respectfully asking for your interview feedback comments, any updates of the waitlisting situation, or anything that you could do to prepare for the program.
Good luck and hope for the best! Hope to see you next year.

Hey all,

I recently interviewed on Jan 17th and checked my portal the next day and it says that I was accepted! However, it also says that I am still missing 3 credits of a social behavioral science course... I am 100% sure that I've met that requirement already but need to call and verify for sure. In a way I'm excited but I'm worried at the same time until I can get this problem resolved.

Please add the Facebook Midwestern Class of 2017 page!
There are lots of current students, future students and even faculty on the page. Ask questions and network!

I am one of the admins and I will be joining the 2017 class. :cat:

Midwestern CPG Class of 2017
https://www.facebook.com/groups/209679985879637/

Please add the Facebook Midwestern Class of 2017 page!
There are lots of current students, future students and even faculty on the page. Ask questions and network!

I am one of the admins and I will be joining the 2017 class. :cat:

Midwestern CPG Class of 2017
https://www.facebook.com/groups/209679985879637/

Hi PharmDIt,
Do you know if there are any decisions made on those students who interviewed last Friday, Jan 17th? The assistant dean said decisions will be made today, but it is 5pm already and no news yet. Thank you!

Woooohooooooooo !!!!! Got home and just logged in to check my status and I got accepted. Interviewed today and I already got my matriculation/payment option opened. :soexcited::clap::soexcited:

Has anyone been accepted off the wait list this application cycle?

Hi PharmDIt,
Do you know if there are any decisions made on those students who interviewed last Friday, Jan 17th? The assistant dean said decisions will be made today, but it is 5pm already and no news yet. Thank you!

I interviewed on Jan. 17th and on Monday Jan. 20th admissions sent me an email saying I was accepted. If you check the MWU portal and there is nothing updated, unfortunately, I don't think they offered you a spot. You can always call admissions to check though. Good luck.

I interviewed on Jan. 17th and on Monday Jan. 20th admissions sent me an email saying I was accepted. If you check the MWU portal and there is nothing updated, unfortunately, I don't think they offered you a spot. You can always call admissions to check though. Good luck.
Thank you Jaywin77 for the reply and congrats to you!! I was sad the entire weekend, but yes I did call this morning and I am on the alternate list which is still awesome :)

Got notified today that I have been put on the alternate list

I called midwestern today for an update on the number on the Alternate List. Currently, there are 77 students on that list. It's not looking very hopeful for me.

geez thats a big number.......ugh that doesn't make me feel comfortable :/

Just gave up my seat! Good luck to everyone =]

Reactions: 1 user
I had my interview on Jan. 27th and my portal just changed this morning!!! I'm so excited because this was my first choice!

Has anyone been accepted off the wait list this application cycle?

I think the AdCom will do that March or later when the college is no longer conducting interviews.

any advice on the interview?
Definitely just be calm, the interview only lasts for like 15-20 mins each. They asked really general situational questions, so have something in mind ready to go. Ex: "Describe a time you displayed a certain quality, etc..." There is an essay portion as well but it's really nothing to sweat over. Its basically an opinionated question to test your literacy and grammar. I suggest you bring a writing utensil as well.

It seems like they have already accepted a ton of people :/ anybody else interviewing late this month?

I'll be calling the school tomorrow morning and giving up my seat since I got into UT Austin today :D

Best of luck to you all!! Hopefully someone lucky and deserving gets my spot.

Just received a letter today stating that my app has been currently placed on hold pending PCAT scorce/ Grade update. :( But...I've already finished all my pre requisites and my PCAT score (92) was received a long time ago.

Hmm... The only other thing I could think of is that pharmcas has yet to receive my academic update transcript but, even then it's only one class that is not even a pre-req. I will probably give MWU a call in a few days after my transcript has been received and verified.

Anyone else hear back from MWU?

I was put on the alternate list a few weeks ago but haven't heard anything since

Just received a letter today stating that my app has been currently placed on hold pending PCAT scorce/ Grade update. :( But...I've already finished all my pre requisites and my PCAT score (92) was received a long time ago.

Hmm... The only other thing I could think of is that pharmcas has yet to receive my academic update transcript but, even then it's only one class that is not even a pre-req. I will probably give MWU a call in a few days after my transcript has been received and verified.

No but it's always a good idea to call, they seem that's a good pcat btw :) hope you get in

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

I got the same letter, but I haven't gotten a chance to call. Did you call the admission office? If so, what did they say?

I actually did not call because I wanted to make sure Pharmcas had my updated transcript before calling. BUT to my surprise, I received an email today saying I have been accepted. :clap: I also received a phone call too but I missed the call. The acceptance today caught me by surprise because my transcript still hasn't been received by Pharmcas. Now I have no idea why I was sent that letter to begin with.

Last edited:
I also received that letter (application on hold until PCAT and GPA update) a few days ago, but yesterday I got a phone call saying I was accepted.

Is Midwestern done conducting interviews? Did anyone get remove from the alternate list?

Just put down my deposit for this school! :hardy:

Did anyone hear about on-campus housing or is the assignment date for everyone mid March?
Question, does on-campus housing include a bed frame and mattress?

I got an invitation for an interview-3/10/14
Anyone else?
Does anyone know what the passing grade for all? 70%? 80? 85%?
Thanks.

Midwestern has a great program, friendly students, and very nice campus overall. Unfortunately, I will withdraw due to acceptances from other schools. This will bump up that waiting list. Good luck to all!!

Last edited:
Midwestern has a great program, friendly students, and very nice campus overall. Unfortunately, I will withdraw due to acceptances from other schools. This will bump up that waiting list. Good luck to all!!

Thanks! :)

Anyone get removed from the alternate list? Based off of the lack of announcement on this thread, it seems like there has been no movement in the alternate list so far.

iv been on the alternate list for over a month and haven't heard anything back

Thanks! :)

Anyone get removed from the alternate list? Based off of the lack of announcement on this thread, it seems like there has been no movement in the alternate list so far.
I've been on the list since September. From what I've heard they wont start pulling from the list until after they have completed all the interviews and sent out the initial acceptance offers. After that they will see how many spots there is and start pulling from the list and as people back out they will keep going through the wait list. I heard somewhere that they pulled 50+ people off of the wait list last year.