Military Pediatric Dentistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Hi all - first major post here. I am a Pediatric Dentist with a deep family history of military service. I have not heard very much about Pediatric Dentistry roles with the US Armed Services. Does anyone have information about lifestyle, bases, practice style, etc.?

I would love all input. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

In most CONUS clinics, only Active Duty service members are seen as patients. Dependents (children) are see by civilians through Tricare. So like @Big Time Hoosier says, you'll likely be OCONUS for most of your career.

Members don't see this ad :)
Or attached to a big military hospital taking care of special needs population (dependents of active duty) all of the time which could be rewarding but tiring at the same time. Mostly a lot of management recommendations and full mouth rehab in the OR

Reactions: 1 user
Or attached to a big military hospital taking care of special needs population (dependents of active duty) all of the time which could be rewarding but tiring at the same time. Mostly a lot of management recommendations and full mouth rehab in the OR
This is exactly what you’ll be doing the 10-20% of the time you’re not overseas.

Big Hoss

Reactions: 1 users