Minnesota 2013! Who's applying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haha! Caninerepro, I probably need as much help but maybe they think that I can wait awhile?!?! 🙂 I understand what you mean about not receiving any info about financial aid or registration! It is really hard to know where they money is coming from, being I am someone who like to plan well in advance!! Hopefully since it is June (I thought I read/heard that we should be getting stuff in June) we will be getting more information!! 😀
 
Hi everyone! I just wanted people to know that I got my packet yesterday...so be watching the mail!! (in a big white envelope) It is so much fun to read the information 🙂
 
Great, I leave Tuesday morning to move up to the great white north -- it will probably arrive here in CO Tues after I have left. 😡 So what all was in the packet?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Great, I leave Tuesday morning to move up to the great white north -- it will probably arrive here in CO Tues after I have left. 😡 So what all was in the packet?


That will stink! Well here is the stuff that I received:

- Letter telling about dates, information needed, some info about health insurance and immunization, etc
- Additional Resources for CVM students (list of stores, transportation, etc.)
- Emergency Contact Information to be filled out and sent back
- How to set up your email address
- Laptop requirements
- Classes that we are registered and the three electives that we can choose from

I think that was about it. They said they would be sending more information about health insurance if you are getting it through the UofM and financial aid later in the summer. Right now I am trying to decide which elective I should go with!?!? 😕
 
So what are the classes, and the electives Miss Ha Ha I already have the packet!!!! :laugh:


🙂 I am sorry, just spreading the info! 😀

Classes: Orientation to Vet Medicine
Professional Development
Overview of Animal Population
Vet Anatomy
Normal Radiographic Anatomy
Veterinary Physiological Chemistry
Histology
Nutrition
Clinical Skills 1

Electives: Neonatology
International and Cultural Immersion
Introduction to non domestic vet medicine


No info on the schedule of when the classes are or what times they are at though.
 
Neonatology, neonatology! Then you get to be on foal team and take care of baaaaaabies. 🙂


I really want to choose that class, the only thing I am wondering is about doing any traveling and getting grant money to pay for the travelling. Because the way I understand it is that you need to take that class to get money to help pay for it?? But I would find the neonatology class sooo much more interesting and fun and I want to be on the foal team!! 🙂
 
Neonatology, neonatology! Then you get to be on foal team and take care of baaaaaabies. 🙂

Hey y'all know me, anything to do with repro and I am there! 🙂 I had planned to take that class anyhow, so we can do it as first years? Especially since this year is probably going to be my easiest course wise since I have pretty much already taken a lot of those classes in spades. Way cool, and I have already done foal watch here at Colo State.
 
bordercollies, you're right, you have to take the international elective to qualify for travel grant money. Are you only allowed to choose one elective? The international class meets over the lunch hour on every other Wednesday, and Neonatology is Wednesday afternoons, so they shouldn't conflict time-wise... I don't think either class has any exams either, just attendance-based grading.

CanineRepro, just so you know- it's large animal neonatology. No baaaaaaby puppers, just foals and calves and crias. But hey, babies are babies, right?
 
No babies are not babies, but to get boarded I have to do the grass burners as well. 🙁 Say, Doc and BC's, have you joined the facebook group for class of 2013 yet? Somehow, I do not know who did it, but I seem to be the admin for the group! Wish they would have asked me first but... Anyhow, check it out if you are not already a member. Or anyone else for that matter. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=56535939754

If we all want to take the same elective, I get to first.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
All 90 of you could take the same elective if you wanted 🙂

They do offer the international class to second years as well, if you think you might not travel until after 2nd year...

Yea, then I do not have to beat up anyone for a slot in the class! Evil grin:meanie: Ha!
 
My packet came in the mail today -- I feel so included now! Good thing it came today too -- I leave tomorrow to move to MN! Back to loading the U Haul in the 80' heat. 🙁
 
We end sooo late... Dec. 23! And looking at all the classes and tests is overwhelming 😳 But I'm excited nonetheless!
 
Hey just letting you all know that I received my book list from VSS (veterinary student supply) so be looking for yours!

I LOVE buying my books and looking at the equipment and clothing we will need! I am probably weird for liking that...but I do 😀
 
Hello class of 2013!

I'm a 4th year looking for a roommate for the upcoming school year. I live in a 2 bedroom on the first floor of a two story house near the very hip Grand Ave area in Saint Paul (an easy 10 minute drive from campus). We have on site free laundry, plenty of storage in the basement and new kitchen appliances.

I do have 3 animals (2 very friendly cats, and one devoted dog) so I would prefer someone with no animals, but if you have a pet that has a history of getting along with dogs and cats, we could probably make it work.

$525 per month, which includes all utilities other than internet and electricity.

If interested, send me an email @ [email protected]!

Congratulations!!
 
Hey just letting you all know that I received my book list from VSS (veterinary student supply) so be looking for yours!

I LOVE buying my books and looking at the equipment and clothing we will need! I am probably weird for liking that...but I do 😀

Don't worry, I'm excited too 🙂
 
Question... has everybody already been connected with a Big Sib? I haven't heard anything, so I was wondering if I was the only one...
 
Yeah I got mine 5/20, but have never contacted her actually. PM me and I will send you her e-mail if you want. Looking forward to our next meet and greet -- everyone check it out on our facebook group!

Kai