You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Minnesota 2024-2025 (c/o 2029 hopefuls)
Started by supershorty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Megan Upton
Full Member
If I get a phone call, best believe y'all will hear about it before my own family [emoji39]
This is the type of dedication I need in my life[emoji23][emoji23]
D
deleted1207342
So on some resources it says it is possible at the University of Minnesota to gain in-state tuition after the first year. But, when I look further it isn't very clear.
Has anyone successfully achieved in-state tuition as an initial non-resident?
Has anyone successfully achieved in-state tuition as an initial non-resident?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Current UMN first year student here. Establishing residency for the sake of in-state tuition is possible but very difficult to do. I believe what it comes down to is you need to be able to prove that, regardless of your school plans, you were planning on moving to Minnesota. Basically, going to school cannot be your reason for moving to Minnesota. Anyone else, please step in and let me know if I misunderstood but that's how I understood it when it was explained during orientation.So on some resources it says it is possible at the University of Minnesota to gain in-state tuition after the first year. But, when I look further it isn't very clear.
Has anyone successfully achieved in-state tuition as an initial non-resident?
So on some resources it says it is possible at the University of Minnesota to gain in-state tuition after the first year. But, when I look further it isn't very clear.
Has anyone successfully achieved in-state tuition as an initial non-resident?
Yeah establishing residency is very tough after already getting accepted/starting school. For the most part they would have wanted you to move to MN a year prior to even applying for vet school. I would definitely not bank on it if you get accepted. From what we learned during tour training I would recommend reaching out to the ASA/admissions office for more specific questions as they will be able to answer anything else in depth.Current UMN first year student here. Establishing residency for the sake of in-state tuition is possible but very difficult to do. I believe what it comes down to is you need to be able to prove that, regardless of your school plans, you were planning on moving to Minnesota. Basically, going to school cannot be your reason for moving to Minnesota. Anyone else, please step in and let me know if I misunderstood but that's how I understood it when it was explained during orientation.
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
It is very difficult because the vet school isn’t who makes the decision - it’s at the university level. It was always hard, but got worse while I was in school - I had classmates in my original DVM class who had even bought homes in MN and still had a lot of trouble.So on some resources it says it is possible at the University of Minnesota to gain in-state tuition after the first year. But, when I look further it isn't very clear.
Has anyone successfully achieved in-state tuition as an initial non-resident?
Your best bet is to contact ASA and they can point you in the right direction. In general, I’d advise planning to pay OOS all 4 years if that’s what you enter paying.
Megan Upton
Full Member
This week is the week guys!!!
brynnapeddy
Full Member
Anyone want to make a thread for SDSU? Since I literally don’t know how to. If not I’m just gunna say what I got on here if that’s cool
I think that it is totally valid to post your SDSU outcome on this thread if you are comfortable with that! More than likely, others on this thread also interviewed for SDSU, and regardless of which one you are accepted into, we will all be part of the UMN CVM fam. 🫶Anyone want to make a thread for SDSU? Since I literally don’t know how to. If not I’m just gunna say what I got on here if that’s cool
sheepvethopeful
Full Member
Anyone else so nervous for this week??? Trying to keep myself busy as best I can but I can only watch so much greys anatomy :,)
carliebeatty
Full Member
Ahh yes!! So nervous I don’t think I’ll sleep this week lol, but we’ve all worked so hard to get to this week! Good luck everyone!
brynnapeddy
Full Member
Nervous and excited! Trying to stay busy with school work and barn work
Keeping busy by packing for my internship! If I get rejected then at least I'll be sad on a beach instead of the cold Midwest 🥲
Megan Upton
Full Member
Turning my notifications on loud and will stress clean for the rest of the week[emoji23]
Hi guys. Currently feeling some stress over decision week and need to vent. I was very confident after my interview (obviously there was some rambling, but I gave myself some grace). However, now I am really thinking about a few of my responses and feel like I could've went about them much better. I'm just so scared of getting rejected. UMN is my top choice and i am waiting on only one other school. 🥲
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi- I’m sorry you’re feeling this way- I can definitely say that it’s really common to feel this way after interviews! Honestly, afterwards, I try not to play through them. Because we all end up thinking of better things we could say!Hi guys. Currently feeling some stress over decision week and need to vent. I was very confident after my interview (obviously there was some rambling, but I gave myself some grace). However, now I am really thinking about a few of my responses and feel like I could've went about them much better. I'm just so scared of getting rejected. UMN is my top choice and i am waiting on only one other school. 🥲
These questions are rapid-fire for a reason- they know what you come up with in an interview couldn’t compare to what you’d get to in real life. But I will say, the questions themselves are only part of the goal- they wanted to meet you, see how you interacted with others, and generally thought through problems. They want to see your values, etc.
Even if you don’t get in this week, it’s likely still not a reflection on a terrible interview.
Futureveterinarian29
Full Member
I agree with this! I thought I bombed my KSU interview, but was offered a spot on Friday! Keep your head up, and keep pushing through!Hi- I’m sorry you’re feeling this way- I can definitely say that it’s really common to feel this way after interviews! Honestly, afterwards, I try not to play through them. Because we all end up thinking of better things we could say!
These questions are rapid-fire for a reason- they know what you come up with in an interview couldn’t compare to what you’d get to in real life. But I will say, the questions themselves are only part of the goal- they wanted to meet you, see how you interacted with others, and generally thought through problems. They want to see your values, etc.
Even if you don’t get in this week, it’s likely still not a reflection on a terrible interview.
Scallionsoup
New Member
Every time my phone buzzes my heart jumps into my throat! I want to get in here so bad and I don't think I'll be sleeping this week!
CapricornCat
Full Member
I keep getting spam calls and I have been answering every single one just in caseEvery time my phone buzzes my heart jumps into my throat! I want to get in here so bad and I don't think I'll be sleeping this week!
I feel this tbhI keep getting spam calls and I have been answering every single one just in case
I'm think decisions won't be out until Wednesday at the earliest so that's helping to curb my anxiety 😅
Seconding this, I wouldn’t worry too much today my friends. I got the impression it was going to be Wednesday.I'm think decisions won't be out until Wednesday at the earliest so that's helping to curb my anxiety 😅
brynnapeddy
Full Member
What is the area code for Minnesota? Lol so I know what to look for
Megan Upton
Full Member
What is the area code for Minnesota? Lol so I know what to look for
They said there is no way to know by area code because it could be people with other state codes calling
brynnapeddy
Full Member
Oh I didn’t know that. That’s good to knowThey said there is no way to know by area code because it could be people with other state codes calling
Potentially less than 24 hours until decisions (if they stick to the 1-ish hour after the feedback survey closes) 🤞🤞
carliebeatty
Full Member
Potentially less than 24 hours until decisions (if they stick to the 1-ish hour after the feedback survey closes) [emoji1696][emoji1696]
Ahh we got this everyone!!🥲[emoji1317]
Good luck tomorrow everyone. No matter what happens, we have all done amazing things!
As for my plans:
As for my plans:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
brynnapeddy
Full Member
I got waitlisted at SDSU! 🥲 also it was Minnesota that emailed me
Last edited:
brynnapeddy
Full Member
I would also like to add I’m 99% sure I’m going to SGU now. Everything happens for a reason! Waiting on one more schoolI got waitlisted at SDSU! 🥲 also it was Minnesota that emailed me
arcticpaws
New Member
Also waitlisted SDSU 😞I got waitlisted at SDSU! 🥲 also it was Minnesota that emailed me
I think they call by last names so do not stress if they did not call you at first! Good luck everyone😊
brynnapeddy
Full Member
What waitlist number are you?Also waitlisted SDSU 😞
CapricornCat
Full Member
Phone calls have started!
D
deleted1207342
did you get a call?Phone calls have started!
Megan Upton
Full Member
Phone calls have started!
For UMN or SDSU?
Pre_vet_Kor
New Member
OOS Acceptance! The last name starts with J if that helps!
OOS acceptance, I am crying my eyes out right now.
arcticpaws
New Member
45. I’m feeling pretty devastated. I felt so good about the interview.What waitlist number are you?
CapricornCat
Full Member
did you get a call?
I only applied UMN so IS UMN call last name FFor UMN or SDSU?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
brynnapeddy
Full Member
I’m 60 so I’m not holding out for it. I know there is always a chance but we won’t know for a while45. I’m feeling pretty devastated. I felt so good about the interview.
anxiety-ridden
Full Member
Do they call waitlisted or email
D
deleted1207342
I think email from what others have said.Do they call waitlisted or email
brynnapeddy
Full Member
I only got an email and I was waitlistedDo they call waitlisted or email
arcticpaws
New Member
I saw that 250 applied, but do we know how many interviewed? Or how far the waitlist went last year? I have an interview with a different school tomorrow (my first choice). So crossing my fingers on that one.I’m 60 so I’m not holding out for it. I know there is always a chance but we won’t know for a while
Similar threads
- Replies
- 7
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 607
- Views
- 89K