Quantcast

Mississippi State 2022 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rozzieray

Class of 202maybe sometime before 2030?
2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hey there everybody!

Figured I'd make another thread for the '22 applicants!
Who is going to or thinking of applying to Mississippi State?

Reactions: 1 user

greeneyegal92

c/o 2022!!
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll be applying to Mississippi too this round! Happy application season All! :cat:

Reactions: 1 users

live.love.rescue

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is my in-state and I'll be applying as a first time applicant!

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

greeneyegal92

c/o 2022!!
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the 8 credit hours of Organic Chem can be met by 2 3 hour lectures and 1 2 hour lab (8 hours total) or do I have to take Organic Chem 2 lab?? Thanks in advance :)

futurerescueDVM

UF CVM c/o 2022
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else having issues submitting the payment?

catsmoewside

Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything back at all? I haven't received any emails indicating receipt of application.

Rozzieray

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got an email in October saying we would hear back mid december

Rozzieray

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got an email saying all my VMCAS info was collected and my file is going into admissions review. Mid-December is when to expect invites and rejections

Members don't see this ad :)

catsmoewside

Reaction score
I got an email Monday requesting further information for which classes I planned on taking next semester.
Then after I spoke with admissions on the phone I received a generic email with an aniticipates timeline and all that jazz.
Not sure if that means they are wrapping everything up or not. (I turned my application in on sept 29 so I really do think it's sitting at the bottom of some of these piles)

antsy125

Iowa State c/o 2022
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got an email Monday requesting further information for which classes I planned on taking next semester.
Then after I spoke with admissions on the phone I received a generic email with an aniticipates timeline and all that jazz.
Not sure if that means they are wrapping everything up or not. (I turned my application in on sept 29 so I really do think it's sitting at the bottom of some of these piles)
Last email I received was in November and it said we would know no later than December 23rd. That was the last I heard from them. Is that the date they gave you?

catsmoewside

Reaction score
Last email I received was in November and it said we would know no later than December 23rd. That was the last I heard from them. Is that the date they gave you?

This is what the email I got Monday said, " Decisions regarding interviews should be made by December and emails will be sent to each applicant by mid-December indicating whether or not he/she is invited to interview."

chelslb

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last year interview invites went out on the 20th, so I'd expect an update the week before Christmas!

Rozzieray

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got my status review: rejected.... this makes 7 rejections so far. Just gonna crawl in a ball and wither away :cryi:

2022hopeful

Mississippi State c/o 2022
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got an OOS interview!! So excited

antsy125

Iowa State c/o 2022
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got my status review: rejected.... this makes 7 rejections so far. Just gonna crawl in a ball and wither away :cryi:
I'm sorry.... How many schools did you apply to? You should contact the schools and figure out why, so you can make your application stronger if you have to reapply.

Tobyandtherats

Reaction score
OOS interview! Is everyone's interview on Feb 2, like mine?

futurerescueDVM

UF CVM c/o 2022
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Jan 31. I have an interview the day before at another school

Lion20

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I was just wondering if anyone knew the format for the interview? I know we are supposed to hear from a mentor but I'm not sure when that will be.

Tobyandtherats

Reaction score
Has anyone heard back about what time your interview is? (I'm trying to book flights/hotels and would like to know if I can leave Mississippi the same day as the interview.)

futurerescueDVM

UF CVM c/o 2022
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my interview is in the afternoon but the orientation is at 9 am. Does anyone know if we stay during the time in between orientation and our interview?

antsy125

Iowa State c/o 2022
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my interview is in the afternoon but the orientation is at 9 am. Does anyone know if we stay during the time in between orientation and our interview?
It’s up to you. Orientation should be done by 11 or so. You can stay there or leave. You just have to be back at least 15 min before your interview.

futurerescueDVM

UF CVM c/o 2022
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
It’s up to you. Orientation should be done by 11 or so. You can stay there or leave. You just have to be back at least 15 min before your interview.
Oh thank you for letting me know. I didn’t know how long it was, so I will definitely stay!

chelslb

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you that have already interviewed, how was it? I interview on Monday and I'm pretty nervous!

2022hopeful

Mississippi State c/o 2022
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So ive been stressing about loans and OOS costs lately and kind of want to hear what you guys think! Ive been accepted to midwestern, waitlisted at a few state schools and just interviewed at mississippi! I LOVED Midwestern, and im definitley a city girl but its so expensive! I LOVED mississippis program too and was very impressed, plus its the cheapest of my OOS options so its at the top if my list! Problem is there doesnt seem to be much going on in Starkville and I’m scared I won’t like it/won’t fit in! Any advice on what you guys would do in my situation to help ease my mind would be great!

catsmoewside

Reaction score
So ive been stressing about loans and OOS costs lately and kind of want to hear what you guys think! Ive been accepted to midwestern, waitlisted at a few state schools and just interviewed at mississippi! I LOVED Midwestern, and im definitley a city girl but its so expensive! I LOVED mississippis program too and was very impressed, plus its the cheapest of my OOS options so its at the top if my list! Problem is there doesnt seem to be much going on in Starkville and I’m scared I won’t like it/won’t fit in! Any advice on what you guys would do in my situation to help ease my mind would be great!
Trust your gut.
For me I think of it like either be bored for 4 years with massive amount of debt or enjoy yourself for 4 years with a slightly larger massive amount of debt.