-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Mississippi State 2022 Applicants
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'll be applying to Mississippi too this round! Happy application season All! 
This is my in-state and I'll be applying as a first time applicant!
Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile
Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if the 8 credit hours of Organic Chem can be met by 2 3 hour lectures and 1 2 hour lab (8 hours total) or do I have to take Organic Chem 2 lab?? Thanks in advance 🙂
Is anyone else having issues submitting the payment?
Has anyone heard anything back at all? I haven't received any emails indicating receipt of application.
I never got anything :/
I just got an email saying mine is in review.
Oh great, thanks! I hadn't heard so was a little anxious. I know it's not uncommon to not receive emails from these schools.I got an email in October saying we would hear back mid december
Anyone hear back from Mississippi?!
Nope...Anyone hear back from Mississippi?!
I got an email Monday requesting further information for which classes I planned on taking next semester.Nope...
Then after I spoke with admissions on the phone I received a generic email with an aniticipates timeline and all that jazz.
Not sure if that means they are wrapping everything up or not. (I turned my application in on sept 29 so I really do think it's sitting at the bottom of some of these piles)
Last email I received was in November and it said we would know no later than December 23rd. That was the last I heard from them. Is that the date they gave you?I got an email Monday requesting further information for which classes I planned on taking next semester.
Then after I spoke with admissions on the phone I received a generic email with an aniticipates timeline and all that jazz.
Not sure if that means they are wrapping everything up or not. (I turned my application in on sept 29 so I really do think it's sitting at the bottom of some of these piles)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last email I received was in November and it said we would know no later than December 23rd. That was the last I heard from them. Is that the date they gave you?
This is what the email I got Monday said, " Decisions regarding interviews should be made by December and emails will be sent to each applicant by mid-December indicating whether or not he/she is invited to interview."
Got an OOS interview!! So excited
I just got rejected as well. OOS
OOS Interview! Can't wait to visit the school and meet many of yall!
IS Interview! Good luck to everyone
Rejected. OOS. Bummed because this was my number one school.
I'm sorry.... How many schools did you apply to? You should contact the schools and figure out why, so you can make your application stronger if you have to reapply.Just got my status review: rejected.... this makes 7 rejections so far. Just gonna crawl in a ball and wither away 😢
OOS interview
Interview OOS
OOS interview! Is everyone's interview on Feb 2, like mine?
January 29th!OOS interview! Is everyone's interview on Feb 2, like mine?
Jan 30OOS interview! Is everyone's interview on Feb 2, like mine?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Jan 31. I have an interview the day before at another school
Me too! Luckily it's within driving distance for me. Hope it works out ok for you! I'm sad that I probably won't be able to go to the pizza party thing.Jan 31. I have an interview the day before at another school
Same boat. :/Me too! Luckily it's within driving distance for me. Hope it works out ok for you! I'm sad that I probably won't be able to go to the pizza party thing.
Has anyone heard back about what time your interview is? (I'm trying to book flights/hotels and would like to know if I can leave Mississippi the same day as the interview.)
So my interview is in the afternoon but the orientation is at 9 am. Does anyone know if we stay during the time in between orientation and our interview?
It’s up to you. Orientation should be done by 11 or so. You can stay there or leave. You just have to be back at least 15 min before your interview.So my interview is in the afternoon but the orientation is at 9 am. Does anyone know if we stay during the time in between orientation and our interview?
Oh thank you for letting me know. I didn’t know how long it was, so I will definitely stay!It’s up to you. Orientation should be done by 11 or so. You can stay there or leave. You just have to be back at least 15 min before your interview.
Oh thank you for letting me know. I didn’t know how long it was, so I will definitely stay!
Finished up yesterday. Can’t wait to start hearing who is extended offers! The wait is already killing me!
how was it?Finished up yesterday. Can’t wait to start hearing who is extended offers! The wait is already killing me!
how was it?
Really laid back. Not bad at all.
Did you get to meet your mentor?Really laid back. Not bad at all.
I met mine! Has anyone heard anything yet?!
They said end of feb but my mentor said more likely a week after the last interviewI met mine! Has anyone heard anything yet?!
Last edited:
They said end of feb but my mentor said he said more likely a week after the last interview
Anyone know when the last interview is? Mine is the 5th
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's extremely laid back.For those of you that have already interviewed, how was it? I interview on Monday and I'm pretty nervous!
So ive been stressing about loans and OOS costs lately and kind of want to hear what you guys think! Ive been accepted to midwestern, waitlisted at a few state schools and just interviewed at mississippi! I LOVED Midwestern, and im definitley a city girl but its so expensive! I LOVED mississippis program too and was very impressed, plus its the cheapest of my OOS options so its at the top if my list! Problem is there doesnt seem to be much going on in Starkville and I’m scared I won’t like it/won’t fit in! Any advice on what you guys would do in my situation to help ease my mind would be great!
Trust your gut.So ive been stressing about loans and OOS costs lately and kind of want to hear what you guys think! Ive been accepted to midwestern, waitlisted at a few state schools and just interviewed at mississippi! I LOVED Midwestern, and im definitley a city girl but its so expensive! I LOVED mississippis program too and was very impressed, plus its the cheapest of my OOS options so its at the top if my list! Problem is there doesnt seem to be much going on in Starkville and I’m scared I won’t like it/won’t fit in! Any advice on what you guys would do in my situation to help ease my mind would be great!
For me I think of it like either be bored for 4 years with massive amount of debt or enjoy yourself for 4 years with a slightly larger massive amount of debt.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 483
- Views
- 66K