Mississippi State 2022 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When did they find out and which waitlist? Are they in state? If so, probably not.
theyre oos, thats all i know

Members don't see this ad.

Does MS State have a white coat ceremony?

Members don't see this ad :)
I started a facebook group! Join it :) Msu- Cvm class of 2022

Last edited:
I’m an OOS alternate but will be declining my spot on the list since I got into my IS. Hopefully that’ll help some people out!

Im an OSS applicant declining my offer. I was also in the first quadrant for a SC contract seat. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was told I am in the first position of the first quartile on the oos list. I talked with Mrs. Hadaway last week and she said I probably won't hear anything before April.
Awesome, congrats! My friend is number 7, same quartile, and I'm trying to keep her updated

Does anyone know know how many quartiles they usually get down into on the waitlist? I'm in the second quartile and was not told my number in the quartile.

In the past, they haven't moved people off the waitlist much, if at all, until after the deadline, even if they receive answers earlier.

Does anyone know if they will send out an email saying the class is full? Or you just have to assume after a certain date you’re not accepted?

Does anyone know if they will send out an email saying the class is full? Or you just have to assume after a certain date you’re not accepted?

They won't send out an email to my knowledge. You can ask them in late May, but one time they said it was full, then people got accepted elsewhere and decided to give up their deposit. So they ended up accepting a good number more people. I've seen on the old SDN posts and heard from them that you can be accepted up until a week after classes start. So if you don't hear by July is my guess.

Hey all! Has anyone gotten in touch with Missy for an update? I spoke with her last week and she said the list moved 15 spots. Just wondering if anyone has a more up to date number so I don't have to bother her again :)

My friend just got accepted via Waitlist! I’m so happy for her!

Reactions: 4 users
Hey all! Has anyone gotten in touch with Missy for an update? I spoke with her last week and she said the list moved 15 spots. Just wondering if anyone has a more up to date number so I don't have to bother her again :)
I haven’t heard any other update unfortunately. Do you know how many spots are in each quadrant?

I haven’t heard any other update unfortunately. Do you know how many spots are in each quadrant?
I don't, and I've been searching all over to find out :p I talked to Missy today, she said she had a lot of people to call today for the waitlist and that she would update me after. Hopefully that's good news for some of you :) I'm on the 3rd quadrant so I'm not expecting to hear anything anytime soon.

Just got the call. Contract seat for SC!!!! So excited!!!

Reactions: 7 users
I just got called, but I turned down my spot as I have already committed somewhere else. I have no idea what number or quadrant I was in though. Hope this helps and good luck everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
I also turned down my OOS offer today. I know that I was in the first quadrant, but I don't know my exact position. Good luck everyone! MSU is a great school and Starkville is a wonderful place to live.

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone talked to Missy very recently? I’m on the 2nd quartile and am getting very worried

Has anyone talked to Missy very recently? I’m on the 2nd quartile and am getting very worried
My friend is in the second quartile and was called about an hour ago. I am in the second quartile as well so i'm getting antsy

My friend is in the second quartile and was called about an hour ago. I am in the second quartile as well so i'm getting antsy
That makes me feel a lot better! Thank you!

I talked to her yesterday. I was originally in the 3rd quadrant. She said I am now in the top of the 2nd quadrant, which she said was a "very good place". She said if things move the way they have been I might be getting a call in a week and a half. Crossing my fingers. Did any of you apply to Iowa?

Any news on the OOS waitlist?? I’m dying to know what I’m doing for the next four years

Reactions: 1 user
Any news on the OOS waitlist?? I’m dying to know what I’m doing for the next four years
I just emailed Missy, she didn't respond the last time I emailed her until I gave her a call but hopefully this time it'll work. :) Im SOOOOO impatient.

I was in the second quadrant and just got the call from Missy!

I called and got my number late this afternoon on the updated list (#20). I had started on the second quartile. She seemed optimistic but also said there was a chance it could fill up before then... but some years people will drop the deposit so all is not lost either.

I called and got my number late this afternoon on the updated list (#20). I had started on the second quartile. She seemed optimistic but also said there was a chance it could fill up before then... but some years people will drop the deposit so all is not lost either.
Oh nooo! Was she just saying that in a theoretical way, or does she actually think it's going in the direction filling up all the seats? I still want my call!!! Lol.

Oh nooo! Was she just saying that in a theoretical way, or does she actually think it's going in the direction filling up all the seats? I still want my call!!! Lol.

I think she is expecting it to fill soon, as in it could go either way for my spot, but I could have totally misinterpreted it. If you call her, let me know! I definitely recommend it.

I think she is expecting it to fill soon, as in it could go either way for my spot, but I could have totally misinterpreted it. If you call her, let me know! I definitely recommend it.
Okay, I called her about a week ago and she made it seem like I was in a great spot. I did email her but it seems like calling her is the best bet. Ill try calling her tomorrow, I'll definitely fill you in! I want to know before I freakin graduate so that I can decorate my cap :p I know, so trivial, but NECESSARY. haha

I started a facebook group! Join it :) Msu- Cvm class of 2022
Hey, just looked up the group and saw it had over 150 members ... are some of those people still on the waitlist or are there people that decided to turn down their spot?

Hey, just looked up the group and saw it had over 150 members ... are some of those people still on the waitlist or are there people that decided to turn down their spot?
It is accepted students and some current students.

I just called and Missy said I am number 41 now. Apparently I started at 111... But there are only a few spots left as of now. She said she is calling those few people and if they decline then it will move up more. At this point I'd have to rely on like 30 people forfeiting their deposit. Not sure how many people do this. ugh

Last edited:
Did she give any indication of how many spots are left? Is it about 10 or 11?