-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Mississippi State c/o 2023.
Started by PandaEnthusiast
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
msuvet2023
New Member
Log into Facebook | FacebookDoes anybody have the link to the Facebook page?
FeatherRider
New Member
I am just curious, for the Bardsley scholarship, do they let you know if you did not get it? How long did it take last year for results to be send out and did they do so with a call/email/letter?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
roadtovetschool
Full Member
Obviously I'm not a candidate but what is the Bardsley scholarship? Whats the criteria? Just curious!I am just curious, for the Bardsley scholarship, do they let you know if you did not get it? How long did it take last year for results to be send out and did they do so with a call/email/letter?
FeatherRider
New Member
You had to have at least a 3.75 GPA in undergrad and have achievements outside the classroom. You got a letter before your interview, and the folder they gave you had a card in it that asked if you wanted to be considered for the scholarship if you qualified.Obviously I'm not a candidate but what is the Bardsley scholarship? Whats the criteria? Just curious!
I called yesterday, and for OOS they do over accept, so it will probably be after April 15th. I’m the first on the list, and I swear I’ll tell y’all when they start to call!has anyone denied their acceptance yet? curious to see how fast the list will/wont be moving in april
Futurevet3753
Full Member
I called yesterday, and for OOS they do over accept, so it will probably be after April 15th. I’m the first on the list, and I swear I’ll tell y’all when they start to call!
Do you know how many they over accept by?
I don’t. But she did they that they have never not called people from the waitlist. I’ve also *heard* that they’ve had to call people that were originally denied in the past.Do you know how many they over accept by?
Futurevet3753
Full Member
I don’t. But she did they that they have never not called people from the waitlist. I’ve also *heard* that they’ve had to call people that were originally denied in the past.
Okay thank you! I’ve heard the same I’m just impatient haha
greenwoodvet98
lt857
I'm not on the alternate list but I heard they do not normally go through the IS alternate list very quickly. Not many people that get accepted to their IS go somewhere else.Is anyone else from here on the IS alternate list or know anything about how many people typically get accepted from it?
AnimalVet2022
Full Member
Is anyone else from here on the IS alternate list or know anything about how many people typically get accepted from it?
Last year I think only 2 people got moved in from the IS waitlist, but I’m not sure about other years.
I got accepted to my IS, so I’ll be turning down my OOS spot. Good luck to any alternates!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been waitlisted OOS. They told me I'm #9 on the list and that they won't call until after the national deadline. They also suggested that I start looking at appartment options so that if I get called I already have in mind. From what I've heard they go well into the third quartile so very hopeful I'll get a call!
They start mid JuneAnyone remember when classes start? I know it’s much earlier than most veterinary school I just don’t remember if it was June or July.
Futurevet3753
Full Member
Anyone remember when classes start? I know it’s much earlier than most veterinary school I just don’t remember if it was June or July.
First years start in Late June! I don’t know the exact date though.. I think it’s around the 20th
Second years start in July
June 19th!Anyone remember when classes start? I know it’s much earlier than most veterinary school I just don’t remember if it was June or July.
June 19th!
Whoa!! I'm just lurking (didn't apply to Mississippi) but how do people deal with such an early start date? Graduation for me is June 16th (I edited this post because I'm in the middle of finals and my mushy brain thought that graduation was June 22nd for some reason). Kind of a fast turnaround time to get settled! Anyway, just genuinely curious about this!
Last edited:
I think it's something that you take into consideration before applying. From what I've seen, those of us who are still studying finish the semester in May or early June. The rest are not studying. The first two years are very intense, but they do it that way so you have time to gain full on clinical experience starting third year. The 2+2 program is definitely one of the things that made me apply to Mississippi state!Whoa!! I'm just lurking (didn't apply to Mississippi) but how do people deal with such an early start date? Graduation for me is June 16th (I edited this post because I'm in the middle of finals and my mushy brain thought that graduation was June 22nd for some reason). Kind of a fast turnaround time to get settled! Anyway, just genuinely curious about this!
greenwoodvet98
lt857
The start date is June 24!Anyone remember when classes start? I know it’s much earlier than most veterinary school I just don’t remember if it was June or July.
AnimalVet2022
Full Member
The start date is June 24!
Classes start June 24th, but required orientation is June 19th most likely.
greenwoodvet98
lt857
Yeah that is probably right!! They just haven't sent that much information to us yet.Classes start June 24th, but required orientation is June 19th most likely.
roadtovetschool
Full Member
It seems odd orientation would be a week before class starts, especially with already starting in June. Does anyone know how long orientation is? Is it that whole week or just one day? I just emailed Missy asking her about it along with other questions but if someone here knows that'd be great
Most schools do orientation the week before classes start.It seems odd orientation would be a week before class starts, especially with already starting in June. Does anyone know how long orientation is? Is it that whole week or just one day? I just emailed Missy asking her about it along with other questions but if someone here knows that'd be great
roadtovetschool
Full Member
Oh ya. I was just looking at it different because the other schools I've been accepted to have orientation 3 days and then immediately start, with a weekend in between there. So it just seemed different with a single orientation day about 5 days before starting but you're right, it's all the sameMost schools do orientation the week before classes start.
oh. I see. Interesting. One day definitely seems a bit short, but maybe they are trying to give you as long a summer as possible. hahaOh ya. I was just looking at it different because the other schools I've been accepted to have orientation 3 days and then immediately start, with a weekend in between there. So it just seemed different with a single orientation day about 5 days before starting but you're right, it's all the same
msuvet2023
New Member
I think orientation is 2 or 3 days, and the coating ceremony is the 21st (Friday). Then classes start that Monday. I emailed Missy the other day about something and never got a response, so post on here if y’all get a response!
Also, does anyone know anything about when we find out about the Bardsley Scholarship?
Also, does anyone know anything about when we find out about the Bardsley Scholarship?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
roadtovetschool
Full Member
Response from Missy regarding dates:
School starts for the Class of 2023 on June 19. You will have orientation on June 19, June 20, and June 21; the Coating Ceremony will be on Friday, June 21, at 2:00. However, the 19th and 20th will be fun and low key activities that allow you to get to know your classmates and more about MSU-CVM.
School starts for the Class of 2023 on June 19. You will have orientation on June 19, June 20, and June 21; the Coating Ceremony will be on Friday, June 21, at 2:00. However, the 19th and 20th will be fun and low key activities that allow you to get to know your classmates and more about MSU-CVM.
roadtovetschool
Full Member
I am not sure about the Bardsley since I was not eligible however, I randomly received a different type of scholarship and was notified a few weeks ago.Also, does anyone know anything about when we find out about the Bardsley Scholarship?
AnimalVet2022
Full Member
does anyone know the course attendance policy at msu?
Attendance is required for all classes at Mississippi State, they're fairly strict on it. For the coating ceremony, family is welcome but the faculty will give the coat.
greenwoodvet98
lt857
Do any of you guys know about all the other scholarships? Do we apply for those or are we already in the running if they find that we are eligible from our application?
AnimalVet2022
Full Member
Do any of you guys know about all the other scholarships? Do we apply for those or are we already in the running if they find that we are eligible from our application?
You are automatically entered for those scholarships as a potential incoming first year, and they will email you if you get one. More scholarships are given at the end of first year, and you’ll apply for those February (second semester) of your first year.
The professors at Mississippi State are awesome! They are very helpful if you are struggling in a class, you can usually make an appointment to get help from them. We also have a tutoring program, and they will find you a 3rd or 4th year tutor for any class you need. It’s really great!
Haven't heard about any movement. My guess is they will start calling after the 15th!Anyone been accepted off the waitlist yet?
roadtovetschool
Full Member
It took me a long time to make a decision but I can finally be excited about it... I accepted my SC contract seat!! Yay! Can't wait to meet all of you c/o 2023 and best of luck to all on the wait list!
Yeah, I called and they told me I'm #20 I can't wait to get the call!!! Congrats u are on a great spot on the list. Let us know when you get a call!!!!I've been waitlisted OOS. They told me I'm #9 on the list and that they won't call until after the national deadline. They also suggested that I start looking at appartment options so that if I get called I already have in mind. From what I've heard they go well into the third quartile so very hopeful I'll get a call!
AnimalVet2022
Full Member
It took me a long time to make a decision but I can finally be excited about it... I accepted my SC contract seat!! Yay! Can't wait to meet all of you c/o 2023 and best of luck to all on the wait list!
Congrats!! I’m sure you’ll love it here! We always find ways to keep ourselves busy and a few SC people in my class have mentioned Starkville feels a lot like SC. I saw on one of your other posts that you struggled a bit with this decision, but I just want to reassure you that MSU has a ton of research opportunity for students and actually gives a LOT of non-general practice options compared to other schools I’ve talked to. Their whole curriculum is based on making you try every route possible (general and non) so you learn without prior self bias what you will like best! Plus the extended externship time is awesome!
Thank you! My nerves are killing me waiting for that call!! From what I've heard from previous years you're not on a bad spot yourself...so chin up and I'll let everyone know if I get a callYeah, I called and they told me I'm #20 I can't wait to get the call!!! Congrats u are on a great spot on the list. Let us know when you get a call!!!!
roadtovetschool
Full Member
Thank you so much!! All positive affirmations help me feel more and more confident in it. I'm excited to startCongrats!! I’m sure you’ll love it here! We always find ways to keep ourselves busy and a few SC people in my class have mentioned Starkville feels a lot like SC. I saw on one of your other posts that you struggled a bit with this decision, but I just want to reassure you that MSU has a ton of research opportunity for students and actually gives a LOT of non-general practice options compared to other schools I’ve talked to. Their whole curriculum is based on making you try every route possible (general and non) so you learn without prior self bias what you will like best! Plus the extended externship time is awesome!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2nd quartile OOS. This wait has been the worst. I’m starting to get frantic
I know the feeling!! Almost there!2nd quartile OOS. This wait has been the worst. I’m starting to get frantic
I've gone back & looked at forums from past years & they definitely dont start calling until after the 15th but every year they've gone pretty deep into the 3rd quartile at least. I keep getting that horrible feeling like what if this is that year that they just happen to not go very far on the alternate list 😳
The professors are amazing! Im a first year and, besides the curriculum, my favorite thing about MSU are the professors. They really care about you and want to make you the best vet you can become. They will know your name by the end of the class and will go out of your way to help. They even show up that night before the exam while we are studying in school to help anyway possible.How are the professors like at msu?? Do students get one on on with professor's if a student is struggling with a course??
I know that feeling! I'm getting really stressed out waiting for April 15! But we have to stay positive!!I've gone back & looked at forums from past years & they definitely dont start calling until after the 15th but every year they've gone pretty deep into the 3rd quartile at least. I keep getting that horrible feeling like what if this is that year that they just happen to not go very far on the alternate list 😳
Similar threads
- Replies
- 483
- Views
- 66K