This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

charliesmom98

Reaction score
Hey y’all! First time OOS applicant to MSU. Didn’t see a thread started yet so I thought I would make one! Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Second time IS applicant! Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
My portal updated to say application review, I'm not sure if that should be exciting but it was reassuring 😅

Mine did too! I’m wondering if anyone who meets the GPA requirements move on to that phase!

Reactions: 1 users
Application Review is good! When did you two submit your applications? I wonder if they move through the applications in the order they were received and if they notify applicants who didn't pass academic review.

My portal updated to say application review, I'm not sure if that should be exciting but it was reassuring 😅
What portal? I only got an email about my app being under academic review, and they would notify by email once it moves to application review!

What portal? I only got an email about my app being under academic review, and they would notify by email once it moves to application review!
It took me a while to find this link too--don't worry. For a while, the only active link I had was the one to submit the payment.

Reactions: 1 users
Application Review is good! When did you two submit your applications? I wonder if they move through the applications in the order they were received and if they notify applicants who didn't pass academic review.
I was verified on 9/2!

I submitted to Mississippi 9/13 and was already verified from submitting to other schools.

Did everyone get moved to application review?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did everyone get moved to application review?
I received a rejection...I guess? I just checked my portal and it said I did not meet one or more of the requirements, but it won't tell me what, and I haven't got an email. I looked over the requirements and cannot see what I would have missed. :cryi:

• Sad
I received a rejection...I guess? I just checked my portal and it said I did not meet one or more of the requirements, but it won't tell me what, and I haven't got an email. I looked over the requirements and cannot see what I would have missed. :cryi:
Would it be a GPA requirement?

Would it be a GPA requirement?
I didn't think of that...Maybe their specific pre-reqs calculated me too low or something. Bummer.

• Care
Is anyone else still in academic review?

Just got an email saying im no longer considered because i didnt meet prereq requirements, when i know i have? They said to email them if this is incorrect so i did.
Probably will be a while before I get a reply back.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Just got an email saying im no longer considered because i didnt meet prereq requirements, when i know i have? They said to email them if this is incorrect so i did.
Probably will be a while before I get a reply back.
They updated my portal and said I have more that 3 prereq's in progress, which I don't. I will also email them, but I'm going to try to see if I can get a copy of my VMCAS application for MSU so I can look and see if I made an error.

They updated my portal and said I have more that 3 prereq's in progress, which I don't. I will also email them, but I'm going to try to see if I can get a copy of my VMCAS application for MSU so I can look and see if I made an error.
They emailed me back and said i had a prereq that wasnt filled, and i emailed them back saying i repeated the course at a different school. So I'm not sure where the disconnect was. Hopefully they get back to me tomorrow!

I am getting ahead of myself--interviews will be conducted in-person and on campus?

They emailed me back and said i had a prereq that wasnt filled, and i emailed them back saying i repeated the course at a different school. So I'm not sure where the disconnect was. Hopefully they get back to me tomorrow!
I downloaded my application and I actually made a mistake filling it out. I emailed them back saying to disregard my first email because it was my mistake, I never heard anything back from them other than the automatic reply. Hopefully they get your situation sorted out soon!

I downloaded my application and I actually made a mistake filling it out. I emailed them back saying to disregard my first email because it was my mistake, I never heard anything back from them other than the automatic reply. Hopefully they get your situation sorted out soon!
Hopefully they get back to you soon before they start looking over the apps!! They want me to send over the syllabus for the class I retook but I didnt save it and it was like years ago, so I emailed the professor.. so im just waiting on that now 😮‍💨

• Care
Is anyone else still in academic review?
I am still in academic review! Are you just going to wait it out or call/email? I’m getting nervous because it’s pretty much November now but idk if I’m getting ahead of myself!

I am still in academic review! Are you just going to wait it out or call/email? I’m getting nervous because it’s pretty much November now but idk if I’m getting ahead of myself!
I know last year I didn’t get an interview invite until the middle of December so don’t lose hope!! I’m basically going to wait it out until the middle of November and then maybe email.

I know last year I didn’t get an interview invite until the middle of December so don’t lose hope!! I’m basically going to wait it out until the middle of November and then maybe email.
Last year did your status change from academic review before you got the interview invite? Or did it just change really late?

Last year did your status change from academic review before you got the interview invite? Or did it just change really late?
I didn’t get an email saying it changed just that I was invited to interview.

My app went back to application review after they fixed it! Any update on yours?

My app went back to application review after they fixed it! Any update on yours?
I downloaded a copy of my VMCAS application for Mississippi and I did end up having more than 3 prereqs in progress. I had forgotten that they said you could not use research hours for upper division science courses, so I added my in progress courses for this semester and that put me at 5 in progress. So it was my fault. I emailed them again the next day and told them I realized my mistake. They just emailed me back yesterday. So, I will not be considered for admission this cycle at Mississippi, which is a bummer :( Thank you for taking the time to follow up with me, it means a lot!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Is anyone still under academic review still? Getting nervous

Is anyone still under academic review still? Getting nervous
I am! With my experience from last year we probably won’t hear anything until the end of the month or early December.

I actually just looked at my portal and I got moved to Admission Review.
Congrats! If you don't mind me asking are you OOS, IS, or SC? My portal is still under academic review, I am a SC applicant!

Congrats! If you don't mind me asking are you OOS, IS, or SC? My portal is still under academic review, I am a SC applicant!
I am an IS applicant!

Maybe someone can help. I required 4 letters of recommendation from people. But only 3 sent them. But I have no update on my portal

Maybe someone can help. I required 4 letters of recommendation from people. But only 3 sent them. But I have no update on my portal
Only 3 letters are required, so even if the 4th person did not submit it, if you at least have 1 veterinarian you should be fine. Have you been on academic review at all? If not I suggest maybe emailing admissions for an update

Only 3 letters are required, so even if the 4th person did not submit it, if you at least have 1 veterinarian you should be fine. Have you been on academic review at all? If not I suggest maybe emailing admissions for an update
I figured that but my portal still just has that it’s waiting on the 4th letter. I emailed them already awhile ago but haven’t heard back

Has anyone heard anything about interview invites?

You have to have received an interview to move on the last date is December 20th, I’d imagine they start sending out some soon since the first interview date is December 15 and the rest in January/February.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
First time OOS applicant! Currently under admission review.