This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I also got the email and scheduled my interview time, I am so excited to attend this interview! Little problem is that it is the same day as my interview with TAMU. TAMU is doing asynchronous online interviews and I have to complete it between 9am-12pm. Does anyone know if there would be some downtime between morning orientation and our scheduled interview time with Mississippi? Would it be inappropriate for me to step out for an hour and a half (ish) to complete the interview for TAMU?

Members don't see this ad.

For those of you that got an interview:
1. CONGRATS!!
2. Did you have all of your pre-reqs done prior to submission?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you that got an interview:
1. CONGRATS!!
2. Did you have all of your pre-reqs done prior to submission?
Thanks! I did have all of my pre-reqs done prior to submission.
congrats!!!!! did they send you the letter in the mail or update your portal?
My portal now has a "DVM unofficial transcript" row on the checklist and no longer shows a status on the right side of the screen.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Thanks! I did have all of my pre-reqs done prior to submission.

My portal now has a "DVM unofficial transcript" row on the checklist and no longer shows a status on the right side of the screen.
Ditto to all of this :)

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if you are allowed to reschedule to a different date? Any exceptions?

Does anyone know if you are allowed to reschedule to a different date? Any exceptions?
I'm going with no based on what their very first e-mail said regarding dates. I haven't asked because of that.

hmmm, did everyone who receive this first wave of interviews have all of their prerequisites done?

Was anyone else waitlisted at MSU last cycle & have you received an interview invitation yet?? I’m assuming I should be getting an interview again this year but I’m stressing a little lol

Reactions: 1 users
Was anyone else waitlisted at MSU last cycle & have you received an interview invitation yet?? I’m assuming I should be getting an interview again this year but I’m stressing a little lol
I was waitlisted last year and I haven’t gotten an invite

Edit: I’m OOS

Last edited:
I was waitlisted last year and haven’t heard anything but I’m IS

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm first time OOS! Does anyone know how spaced out the waves of interview invites have been in the past? Trying not to worry yet

Reactions: 2 users
I'm first time OOS! Does anyone know how spaced out the waves of interview invites have been in the past? Trying not to worry yet

last years forums seemed like they did more throught the fall semester and then in state and contract during dec-feb but this year is different i think

last years forums seemed like they did more throught the fall semester and then in state and contract during dec-feb but this year is different i think
Definitely different this year

I believe there are 5 interview dates and they said they interviewed just over 500 people last year. I imagine they're interviewing approx 100 people per day and/or keeping groups split like OOS, IS, contract, etc.

They’ll keep sending invitations through December! They start their interviews pretty early but they’ll continue them through January I believe. It’s definitely not too late!

starting to go a little crazy waiting for more interview invites to go out

Does anyone have a link to access the portal? I'm trying to find it through my email and nothing is coming up.

anyone have a guess or an idea on when the next set of interview invites will be sent out?

anyone have a guess or an idea on when the next set of interview invites will be sent out?
i wish :( they will all be sent out by December 20th though, so we'll def hear within the next 10 days. Just wish we knew more exactly when because this checking the mail 3 times a day thing is getting old haha

i wish :( they will all be sent out by December 20th though, so we'll def hear within the next 10 days. Just wish we knew more exactly when because this checking the mail 3 times a day thing is getting old haha
Where did you hear that? The email I got just says that interview decisions will be made by late December

I was eating lunch and this made me feel sick 🤢 I feel like very limited number of people got offered an interview but that makes it seem like there’s not many people left to receive one

I was eating lunch and this made me feel sick 🤢 I feel like very limited number of people got offered an interview but that makes it seem like there’s not many people left to receive one
Don't be too worried yet! From the amount of people that said they got interviewed, it doesn't seem like thats anywhere near the ~500 people that usually get offered interviews. There will be more invites sent out before then im sure

• Care
I have a feeling all interviews won’t be sent out by December 20th just in my experience but maybe I’m wrong. Additionally, it definitely doesn’t seem like that many people have gotten invites yet so don’t worry!

I have a feeling all interviews won’t be sent out by December 20th just in my experience but maybe I’m wrong. Additionally, it definitely doesn’t seem like that many people have gotten invites yet so don’t worry!
thank you I needed this 😭 Mississippi is in my top 3 schools and if I don’t get an interview I will probably lose my mind lol

Does anyone know exactly where we are supposed to go for our interviews? I know the vet school but I’m wondering if we go to the teaching hospital or somewhere else. Or is this the right address?
240 Wise Center Drive
P.O. Box 6100
Mississippi State, MS 39762

I wonder if they are sending more invites before then because there is an interview date on Jan 5th.

For those that have attended an interview with MSU before, any advice? I interview Thursday and the nerves are setting in, haha.

For those that have attended an interview with MSU before, any advice? I interview Thursday and the nerves are setting in, haha.
Current first year here! My interview was a little different since it was online, but it was very conversational. They just want to get to know you, so be yourself and be confident! I would definitely look up some common interview questions beforehand and think about what you would say if asked that question. Some of the big questions I was asked was “tell me a little about yourself”, “why Mississippi state?”, “how do you deal with stress/conflict?”, and “how do you plan on paying for school?” Good luck on your interview!

• Care
  • Love
Do they require us to submit official fall 2022 transcripts?

Do they require us to submit official fall 2022 transcripts?
No they don’t, The admissions director said they just require complete transcripts of you’re accepted in spring

I had my interview today, and it was an absolutely awesome experience but i’m now overthinking the whole thing. The first question they asked me was “tell me about yourself” and i caught myself rambling then panicked and realized i had no idea where I was going with that particular thought, but luckily one of my interviewers intervened and asked me a question to bring me back to reality. After that it went super well, but i’m just hoping that my nervousness at the beginning doesn’t reflect badly on me. Those who also interviewed today - how did it go?!

• Care
I had my interview today, and it was an absolutely awesome experience but i’m now overthinking the whole thing. The first question they asked me was “tell me about yourself” and i caught myself rambling then panicked and realized i had no idea where I was going with that particular thought, but luckily one of my interviewers intervened and asked me a question to bring me back to reality. After that it went super well, but i’m just hoping that my nervousness at the beginning doesn’t reflect badly on me. Those who also interviewed today - how did it go?!
I'm sure you did great, I think everyone is a bit nervous and that's okay! I'm also wide awake and need to be up at 4am to catch my flight. I keep replaying everything I said, thinking that I could have said it better, wondering if I derailed, if I didnt elaborate enough on certain things, etc. The interviewers were so nice, warm, and engaged. I felt like they were interested in me. I think my interview went well but maybe not fantastic. We are our own worst critics though!

• Care
I'm sure you did great, I think everyone is a bit nervous and that's okay! I'm also wide awake and need to be up at 4am to catch my flight. I keep replaying everything I said, thinking that I could have said it better, wondering if I derailed, if I didnt elaborate enough on certain things, etc. The interviewers were so nice, warm, and engaged. I felt like they were interested in me. I think my interview went well but maybe not fantastic. We are our own worst critics though!
Ditto to that, I have to get up at 5 to drive to memphis! I think the most important thing was I was authentic and really let my personality shine through. I even got my interviewers to laugh a couple of times, and I felt like they were really engaged - one frequently would tell me that I gave a good answer which was encouraging. At the end of the day I gave it my best shot and whatever will be will be! Best of luck to you and safe travels!

• Care
im hoping that dec 21 will be the next interview invite release bc the jan 5 date is coming up