This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don’t think they will pull off the waitlist until they finish accepting IS first

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just an FYI. My student mentor was waitlisted here last year and pulled off 3 days after classes started. There's always hope!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else OOS deciding to decline their seat

It will most likely start moving in April when people start deciding

Last year, if I recall correctly, they didn’t call anyone off of the waitlist until after national decision day which is the second week in April. I know it’s tough guys, but like it was previously mentioned, there’s still a chance!

Last year, if I recall correctly, they didn’t call anyone off of the waitlist until after national decision day which is the second week in April. I know it’s tough guys, but like it was previously mentioned, there’s still a chance!
They also did quartiles last year so no one really knew their ranking. I’m not too concerned with how fast the waitlist moves since i’m #1 on it, but I know it’s nerve racking for others.

I’m at least hoping they pull the top couple off the waitlist before April because my brain doesn’t want to decline other schools yet.

• Care
They also did quartiles last year so no one really knew their ranking. I’m not too concerned with how fast the waitlist moves since i’m #1 on it, but I know it’s nerve racking for others.

I’m at least hoping they pull the top couple off the waitlist before April because my brain doesn’t want to decline other schools yet.

Like you said we only had quartiles so I’m not sure exactly where I fell, but I was first quartile and got pulled off 3 days before commitment deadline (I got called 4/12 and deadline was 4/15) so they do call before deadline if offers get declined!

Like you said we only had quartiles so I’m not sure exactly where I fell, but I was first quartile and got pulled off 3 days before commitment deadline (I got called 4/12 and deadline was 4/15) so they do call before deadline if offers get declined!
Thank you for that information. I don’t plan on making the decision until a few days before the deadline anyways.

IS is calling! My roommate was accepted IS!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if they got to the second quartile last year?

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS alternate! rlly confused bc I'm pretty sure I applied as a resident (I've lived in south MS my entire life but went to college in AL) and it also said I was #10 of 13 but I'm pretty sure earlier in the thread someone said they were #63 out of 240. it said in the email I was an alternate for the MS non-resident pool which I'm assuming is the OOS pool but I'm not sure. if anyone knows anything I don't please let me know bc I'm kinda freaking out

OOS alternate! rlly confused bc I'm pretty sure I applied as a resident (I've lived in south MS my entire life but went to college in AL) and it also said I was #10 of 13 but I'm pretty sure earlier in the thread someone said they were #63 out of 240. it said in the email I was an alternate for the MS non-resident pool which I'm assuming is the OOS pool but I'm not sure. if anyone knows anything I don't please let me know bc I'm kinda freaking out
The email might have been worded wrong. I’d assume you’re an IS student if there’s only 13 on the list since most IS waitlists only move 1-3 positions. You can always email to double check

Just an FYI. My student mentor was waitlisted here last year and pulled off 3 days after classes started. There's always hope!
Hello, would you happen to know if your friend was in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th quartile? Thank you.

I was accepted OOS and honestly was so shocked and honored. I still can't believe it honestly. I declined my seat, very reluctantly, for my IS. Congrats everyone!!! This is such a massive achievement.

Reactions: 3 users
I was accepted at another OOS so I will be declining my seat. Good luck everyone and congrats moving forward!

Do we think we’d get an waitlist update today or sometime this week?

Just got an email saying that they havent offered any seats to alternates yet and that we will be updated prior to the April 17th deadline

Hey all! I will be denying my alternate seat, as I have accepted a seat somewhere else! Good luck!!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys!! Class of 2026 here that was also waitlisted OOS. I know this time of year is hard with many big decisions being made and waiting for that phone call. If anyone ever has any questions about the program or vet school in general please don't hesitate to reach out 😊 Good luck everyone!! My email is [email protected]

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys!! Class of 2026 here that was also waitlisted OOS. I know this time of year is hard with many big decisions being made and waiting for that phone call. If anyone ever has any questions about the program or vet school in general please don't hesitate to reach out Good luck everyone!! My email is [email protected]
May I ask about where you were ranked on the OOS waitlist? Thank you!

Hey guys!! Class of 2026 here that was also waitlisted OOS. I know this time of year is hard with many big decisions being made and waiting for that phone call. If anyone ever has any questions about the program or vet school in general please don't hesitate to reach out 😊 Good luck everyone!! My email is [email protected]
Mississippi is my top choice and the waitlist is killing me so i’m hoping for an answer by Wednesday so i can tell my other choices.

Does anyone know who all has gotten called off the waitlist? I saw the email from Mississippi just curious on how many they actually called off.

Does anyone know who all has gotten called off the waitlist? I saw the email from Mississippi just curious on how many they actually called off.
Nope haven’t gotten called off as the 1st seat on oos waitlist. I’m assuming it’s more contract and IS they pulled off.

Nope haven’t gotten called off as the 1st seat on oos waitlist. I’m assuming it’s more contract and IS they pulled off.
Thank you I’m number 15 so I was just curious if they made progress on the oos waitlist

Declined my OOS seat, hope someone gets good news soon!

Declined my waitlist position for my IS. Good luck everyone!

Got a call about keeping my name on the waitlist even though I emailed them declining my spot. So it looks like they are calling people that are on the waitlist since people made decisions today!

Last edited:
They just called and pulled me off the oos waitlist!

Reactions: 5 users
How long are they giving you to accept or decline the offer?
I don’t know I just accepted the offer over the phone because this was my only option.

Congrats to everyone being pulled off the waitlist! We have a class Facebook page, and there you can find the class GroupMe as well!

Hi! I’m on the OOS waitlist for Mississippi I’m a little farther down the list (#60). Anyone know if I have a good chance of getting off? I’ve heard some schools move the list fairly quickly.

I’ve got a seat at Ross University but if I get off the waitlist I’m going to Mississippi. Just hoping I can get some encouragement if there’s any hope for me.

Hi! I’m on the OOS waitlist for Mississippi I’m a little farther down the list (#60). Anyone know if I have a good chance of getting off? I’ve heard some schools move the list fairly quickly.

I’ve got a seat at Ross University but if I get off the waitlist I’m going to Mississippi. Just hoping I can get some encouragement if there’s any hope for me.

I’ve heard the waitlist moves through the first quartile. Last year there were 80 people in each quartile.

I declined my SC contract seat so someone should be getting that seat as well. Congrats everyone!

I just called admissions asking about waitlist updates and they said we should hear an update tomorrow.

I'm assuming everyone received yesterday's update. Congratulations to those who were selected, and condolences to those who missed out. Just 31 chosen off the out-of-state list surprised me. I'm guessing there may be one or two more late adds due to unforeseen events, but it's still a small number. We'll just try again next year.

There’s still a chance. If they call and ask if you wanna stay on the waitlist, say yes. I got called off the IS list earlier today lol

Hi! I’m applying this cycle and was wondering if all applicants receive interview status in December-January or do they send out interviews to prospected candidates after reviewing them before then? Thanks!

Hi guys! I am a current first year at MSU. I am happy to answer any questions you guys might have about the school! Last year we heard around Feb. 7 but the interviews are running later this year. Congrats to everyone that has already heard and fingers crossed for those still waiting!
Hello! I know this from last year. I have an interview at MSU at the end of the month and wondering if you can give more insight about any ways to help prep for the interview and why you chose MSU. What do you like about the school? I have heard nothing but good things about the faculty and staff. Thanks!

Hi guys! I am a current first year at MSU. I am happy to answer any questions you guys might have about the school! Last year we heard around Feb. 7 but the interviews are running later this year. Congrats to everyone that has already heard and fingers crossed for those still waiting!
Hello! I know this from last year. I have an interview at MSU at the end of the month and wondering if you can give more insight about any ways to help prep for the interview and why you chose MSU. What do you like about the school? I have heard nothing but good things about the faculty and staff.