You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Mississippi State CVM c/o 2027
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
ch3yruh
Tuskegee c/o 2027 🐾
Not yet. I think they are giving people time to respond to the initial acceptances!Has anyone got off the waitlist yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
savannahroseee2
New Member
Has anyone from in state heard anything back?? The anticipation is killing me
Nothing here.Has anyone from in state heard anything back?? The anticipation is killing me
It will most likely start moving in April when people start decidingAnyone else OOS deciding to decline their seat
It will most likely start moving in April when people start deciding
Last year, if I recall correctly, they didn’t call anyone off of the waitlist until after national decision day which is the second week in April. I know it’s tough guys, but like it was previously mentioned, there’s still a chance!
They also did quartiles last year so no one really knew their ranking. I’m not too concerned with how fast the waitlist moves since i’m #1 on it, but I know it’s nerve racking for others.Last year, if I recall correctly, they didn’t call anyone off of the waitlist until after national decision day which is the second week in April. I know it’s tough guys, but like it was previously mentioned, there’s still a chance!
I’m at least hoping they pull the top couple off the waitlist before April because my brain doesn’t want to decline other schools yet.
They also did quartiles last year so no one really knew their ranking. I’m not too concerned with how fast the waitlist moves since i’m #1 on it, but I know it’s nerve racking for others.
I’m at least hoping they pull the top couple off the waitlist before April because my brain doesn’t want to decline other schools yet.
Like you said we only had quartiles so I’m not sure exactly where I fell, but I was first quartile and got pulled off 3 days before commitment deadline (I got called 4/12 and deadline was 4/15) so they do call before deadline if offers get declined!
Thank you for that information. I don’t plan on making the decision until a few days before the deadline anyways.Like you said we only had quartiles so I’m not sure exactly where I fell, but I was first quartile and got pulled off 3 days before commitment deadline (I got called 4/12 and deadline was 4/15) so they do call before deadline if offers get declined!
IS is calling! My roommate was accepted IS!
OOS alternate! rlly confused bc I'm pretty sure I applied as a resident (I've lived in south MS my entire life but went to college in AL) and it also said I was #10 of 13 but I'm pretty sure earlier in the thread someone said they were #63 out of 240. it said in the email I was an alternate for the MS non-resident pool which I'm assuming is the OOS pool but I'm not sure. if anyone knows anything I don't please let me know bc I'm kinda freaking out
The email might have been worded wrong. I’d assume you’re an IS student if there’s only 13 on the list since most IS waitlists only move 1-3 positions. You can always email to double checkOOS alternate! rlly confused bc I'm pretty sure I applied as a resident (I've lived in south MS my entire life but went to college in AL) and it also said I was #10 of 13 but I'm pretty sure earlier in the thread someone said they were #63 out of 240. it said in the email I was an alternate for the MS non-resident pool which I'm assuming is the OOS pool but I'm not sure. if anyone knows anything I don't please let me know bc I'm kinda freaking out
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
stickynotes333
New Member
Hello, would you happen to know if your friend was in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th quartile? Thank you.Just an FYI. My student mentor was waitlisted here last year and pulled off 3 days after classes started. There's always hope!
I was accepted OOS and honestly was so shocked and honored. I still can't believe it honestly. I declined my seat, very reluctantly, for my IS. Congrats everyone!!! This is such a massive achievement.
I was accepted at another OOS so I will be declining my seat. Good luck everyone and congrats moving forward!
Do we think we’d get an waitlist update today or sometime this week?
juri179
Miss State C/O 2026 🎉
Hey guys!! Class of 2026 here that was also waitlisted OOS. I know this time of year is hard with many big decisions being made and waiting for that phone call. If anyone ever has any questions about the program or vet school in general please don't hesitate to reach out 😊 Good luck everyone!! My email is [email protected]
May I ask about where you were ranked on the OOS waitlist? Thank you!Hey guys!! Class of 2026 here that was also waitlisted OOS. I know this time of year is hard with many big decisions being made and waiting for that phone call. If anyone ever has any questions about the program or vet school in general please don't hesitate to reach out [emoji4] Good luck everyone!! My email is [email protected]
Mississippi is my top choice and the waitlist is killing me so i’m hoping for an answer by Wednesday so i can tell my other choices.Hey guys!! Class of 2026 here that was also waitlisted OOS. I know this time of year is hard with many big decisions being made and waiting for that phone call. If anyone ever has any questions about the program or vet school in general please don't hesitate to reach out 😊 Good luck everyone!! My email is [email protected]
Nope haven’t gotten called off as the 1st seat on oos waitlist. I’m assuming it’s more contract and IS they pulled off.Does anyone know who all has gotten called off the waitlist? I saw the email from Mississippi just curious on how many they actually called off.
Kb29
Full Member
Thank you I’m number 15 so I was just curious if they made progress on the oos waitlistNope haven’t gotten called off as the 1st seat on oos waitlist. I’m assuming it’s more contract and IS they pulled off.
Declined my waitlist position for my IS. Good luck everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Kb29
Full Member
I have not heard anything yetHas anyone been accepted from the oos waitlist yet?
They just called and pulled me off the oos waitlist!
How long are they giving you to accept or decline the offer?
Kb29
Full Member
I don’t know I just accepted the offer over the phone because this was my only option.How long are they giving you to accept or decline the offer?
tiedyekitty
New Member
If you don’t mind sharing, what was your rank? Congrats!!!They just called and pulled me off the oos waitlist!
Kb29
Full Member
Thank you! I was number 15.If you don’t mind sharing, what was your rank? Congrats!!!
dogloverfurlife23!
New Member
Anyone know their process? Do they just go down their list and call?
Congrats to everyone being pulled off the waitlist! We have a class Facebook page, and there you can find the class GroupMe as well!
Hi! I’m on the OOS waitlist for Mississippi I’m a little farther down the list (#60). Anyone know if I have a good chance of getting off? I’ve heard some schools move the list fairly quickly.
I’ve got a seat at Ross University but if I get off the waitlist I’m going to Mississippi. Just hoping I can get some encouragement if there’s any hope for me.
I’ve got a seat at Ross University but if I get off the waitlist I’m going to Mississippi. Just hoping I can get some encouragement if there’s any hope for me.
Hi! I’m on the OOS waitlist for Mississippi I’m a little farther down the list (#60). Anyone know if I have a good chance of getting off? I’ve heard some schools move the list fairly quickly.
I’ve got a seat at Ross University but if I get off the waitlist I’m going to Mississippi. Just hoping I can get some encouragement if there’s any hope for me.
I’ve heard the waitlist moves through the first quartile. Last year there were 80 people in each quartile.
I just called admissions asking about waitlist updates and they said we should hear an update tomorrow.
Thanks for the update! I was going a little stir crazy today.
ugavetstudent
Full Member
My daughter declined her SC contract seat last night.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm assuming everyone received yesterday's update. Congratulations to those who were selected, and condolences to those who missed out. Just 31 chosen off the out-of-state list surprised me. I'm guessing there may be one or two more late adds due to unforeseen events, but it's still a small number. We'll just try again next year.
leahnicole98
Full Member
Hi! I’m applying this cycle and was wondering if all applicants receive interview status in December-January or do they send out interviews to prospected candidates after reviewing them before then? Thanks!
UTLonghorn13
Full Member
Hello! I know this from last year. I have an interview at MSU at the end of the month and wondering if you can give more insight about any ways to help prep for the interview and why you chose MSU. What do you like about the school? I have heard nothing but good things about the faculty and staff. Thanks!Hi guys! I am a current first year at MSU. I am happy to answer any questions you guys might have about the school! Last year we heard around Feb. 7 but the interviews are running later this year. Congrats to everyone that has already heard and fingers crossed for those still waiting!
UTLonghorn13
Full Member
Hello! I know this from last year. I have an interview at MSU at the end of the month and wondering if you can give more insight about any ways to help prep for the interview and why you chose MSU. What do you like about the school? I have heard nothing but good things about the faculty and staff.Hi guys! I am a current first year at MSU. I am happy to answer any questions you guys might have about the school! Last year we heard around Feb. 7 but the interviews are running later this year. Congrats to everyone that has already heard and fingers crossed for those still waiting!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 483
- Views
- 66K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 164